Player Discussion Bo Horvat

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Selke consideration for sure. The number of faceoffs he's taken is wild. Looking at his njnumbe in comparison to last year: for someone to have matched the gap between him and second place in a full season, they would have had to take 2500 faceoff (ROR took the most with a little over 2100).

His useage is brutal and he's putting up a ton of points. The fact he's on a bad team should be a point in his favour, not against.

Reactions: daddyohsix

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Let us not forget that Bo plays with Elias on the PP when drooling over his point totals

Pettersson has 7 PP points, Horvat has 6. I don't think Horvat has been on the PP with Pettersson for the whole season and I doubt that all those points have Pettersson in on them. During those games that Pettersson wasn't scoring our 2nd unit was getting a few PP goals and Horvat was part of those.

Also, it's not like Kesler didn't get PP time with the Sedins or Toews didn't get PP time with Kane. Good players play with other good players on the power play in the NHL. This is normal.

Last edited:

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Pettersson has 7 PP points, Horvat has 6. I don't think Horvat has been on the PP with Pettersson for the whole season and I doubt that all those points have Pettersson in on them. Also, it's not like Kesler didn't get PP time with the Sedins or Toews didn't get PP time with Kane.

Good players play with other good players on the power play in the NHL. This is normal.
And face the toughest opposition.

Yep, Horvat is the issue with this team.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
So Horvat with his 14th goal of the season up to 28 pts in 32 games now puts him at 19th overall for all centres in the league. He has played the over whelming majority of the season with players like Schaller, Clamato and other crud. He has taken more faceoffs then anyone in the league

Is Horvat a leaguewide 1C?

I say yes and AINEC

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
So Horvat with his 14th goal of the season up to 28 pts in 32 games now puts him at 19th overall for all centres in the league. He has played the over whelming majority of the season with players like Schaller, Clamato and other crud. He has taken more faceoffs then anyone in the league

I say yes and AINEC

aBOsolutely yes.

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?

I say yes and AINEC

Still over half a season to go... but yeah its promising as hell. If he is able to maintain this level of production on and off the scoresheet by season's end, we are going to be a legitimate threat in not just our division but the west if we can get some good depth to shore up our weak points.

Horvat... such a stud.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
Much as it pains for me to say it but solid post ELC contract Benning negotiated with Horvat.
Probably his best contract... which makes you really wonder what the disconnect between this and the contracts for the UFAs is about?

...is Benning getting himself into bidding wars? 'Cause it doesn't look like we are winning those.

Can only hope Bo's contract is trend for our young players, with Boeser coming up, not just a complete outlier.

Reactions: Hit the post

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Probably his best contract... which makes you really wonder what the disconnect between this and the contracts for the UFAs is about?

...is Benning getting himself into bidding wars? 'Cause it doesn't look like we are winning those.

Can only hope Bo's contract is trend for our young players, with Boeser coming up, not just a complete outlier.
JB will be gone when EP needs a contract

Reactions: travis scott

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011

Yeah I think he's had a couple of decent RFA contracts so far, it just gets buried under all the ridiculous UFA ones.

Reactions: THE Green Man

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Amazing that Horvat is able to put up points well playing with trash.

If he had I help I think he would be PPG+.

lousy

Jul 20, 2004
Calgary

After the Nylander situation I think the precedent is set. Young players are going to get paid like an ufa... it does not matter who the gm is.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
18 ES points in 32 games playing with complete trash wingers for most of the season. Can just imagine how good he could be with guys who could consistently make decent passes.

Reactions: daddyohsix

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Yup it’s incredible that Horvat has produced the way he has while playing with Schaller, Motte, and Granlund for extended periods as well as being heavily relied upon for defensive zone faceoffs. He’s been ans absolute horse this year, exceeded my expectations.

CanuckleBerry

Benning Survivor
Sep 27, 2017
New Westminster
Can we please acquire a winger to play with Bo. This should be the second biggest priority of the off season after rebuilding the D-core.

I wanted that winger to be Max Domi but Benning lost his chance. I don't even know what class of player would compliment his style.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Can we please acquire a winger to play with Bo. This should be the second biggest priority of the off season after rebuilding the D-core.

I wanted that winger to be Max Domi but Benning lost his chance. I don't even know what class of player would compliment his style.
Ondrej Palat would compliment him. Not sure of he’s young enough to fit in our core though. But Tampa needs to offload some salary.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Ondrej Palat would compliment him. Not sure of he’s young enough to fit in our core though. But Tampa needs to offload some salary.

Palat would be a good option. He is only a year older than Baer. He has a ntc, don't think he waiving to come to Van

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver

Mark Stone...
When Baertschi returns, it will only boost Bo’s production for sure

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Nice piece.. almost perfect on paper... but I'm thinking he'll get more than $7mil on the open market.

I'd quite easily give Stone 7++ million. He's worth it. 8 million? Still do it.

He's a true elite, playdriving and scoring winger.

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
Schneider for horvat pick..entering the conversation for best canucks all time trades maybe? And gillis' best move, especially considering his handling of the goalie situation and how it played into his firing.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
I'd quite easily give Stone 7++ million. He's worth it. 8 million? Still do it.

He's a true elite, playdriving and scoring winger.

We can't afford to pay him 7+ million when a Boeser extension is coming up too. Tough to pay multiple wingers that much money and still try to fill the rest of the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad