Player Discussion Bo Horvat

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Clearly...one good draft choice in 6 six years of drafting...and he is "THE most important ' pick..clearly ,you have been into the champagne...keep it up.

I know you have some type of hate-boner for Gillis but do you need to be thinking about him all the time? I also pretty clearly said "trade". Stop daydreaming and read the post!

Can you name a more important trade for this franchise since Luongo? Or will you admit that maybe you're the one who's been into the champagne tonight?

Reactions: PM

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I know you have some type of hate-***** for Gillis but do you need to be thinking about him all the time? I also pretty clearly said "trade". Stop daydreaming and read the post!

Can you name a more important trade for this franchise since Luongo? Or will you admit that maybe you're the one who's been into the champagne tonight?
I'm not thinking about Gillis at all (clearly, you're the expert)....Guess i'm just enjoying the current team..It did turn out to be a good trade trade for the Canucks,but take into account that Schneider was an elite level goaltender....who ran into significant injury problems (hip surgery)

Anyway,dont want derail any of your pro-tank/anti Benning aspirations.....carry on.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
I'm not thinking about Gillis at all (clearly, you're the expert)....Guess i'm just enjoying the current team..

Then what did you mean by your post? Bringing up "one good pick in 6 years" and "being into the champagne"? If it wasn't a reference to Gillis then please explain as we just can't understand the output of those big brains of yours. I would very much like to know what those statements meant in regards to Horvat as a player and how important he is to the future of this franchise. Do you not think he is very good?

It did turn out to be a good trade trade for the Canucks,but take into account that Schneider was an elite level goaltender....who ran into significant injury problems (hip surgery)

Given that Schneider garnered the second highest return for a goaltender in the modern era it's irrelevant that he was an elite level goaltender. Not only have I explained the math here numerous times to back up my opinion that having an elite level goaltender is a massive waste of cap space due to the very small difference in performance between the elite and the above-average, but as a rebuilding team why on earth would we want an elite goaltender in his prime rather than a 18 year old future #1C?

Anyway,dont want derail any of your pro-tank/anti Benning aspirations.....carry on.

What are you even talking about m8? Are you in the wrong thread or quoting the wrong post or what?

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Given that Schneider garnered the second highest return for a goaltender in the modern era it's irrelevant that he was an elite level goaltender. Not only have I explained the math here numerous times to back up my opinion that having an elite level goaltender is a massive waste of cap space due to the very small difference in performance between the elite and the above-average, but as a rebuilding team why on earth would we want an elite goaltender in his prime rather than a 18 year old future #1C?
Agree
Elite goaltending is the same as block shot
It’s good to have it, but if you need it then you a have a bigger problem

Reactions: daddyohsix

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Horvat continues to impress, he’s a workhorse out there, most face offs taken in the NHL. Built like a tank, great durability. Every season we think Bo has hit his ceiling offensively, but he just continues to get better. At 5.5 per, one of the best contacts in the league. Bo Brings it every game, so passionate about the game and the Canucks, Captain material.

Regress2TheMeme

Mar 14, 2018
I see some Marian Hossa in Bo's game. I don't think he'll ever hit the lofty point totals Hossa put up in his Ottawa/Atlanta days but he reminds me of Hossa in the Chicago days. A fast, hulking hockey god that plays the game the right way.

Reactions: lawrence

WestCoast CyberG

Nov 5, 2018
Horvat continues to impress, he’s a workhorse out there, most face offs taken in the NHL. Built like a tank, great durability. Every season we think Bo has hit his ceiling offensively, but he just continues to get better. At 5.5 per, one of the best contacts in the league. Bo Brings it every game, so passionate about the game and the Canucks, Captain material.
Just dropped into the Bo Horvat thread to say pretty much the same thing. He is very quickly becoming our most important player that is no disrespect to the talented duo of Alien and Brock.

When this team was in the middle of our winless streak it was Bo who put this team on his back and worked his butt each and every night leading by example. This guy is a beauty and can't recall having a player with his drive on this team in a long time...maybe Kesler with less bad attitude...lol.

Reactions: daddyohsix

FrmrPlyr

Dec 17, 2018
Oiler fan but I come in peace. Was impressed how Horvat shut down Connor last night. I am not popular on my own team's board right now for stating that Horvat did something I haven't seen all year - he moved his feet at same rate as Connor and really disrupted the play. I didn't see a lot of grabbing - I saw a lot of hustle. We also could really use a guy like Loui on our team versus, say, Lucic. You have a couple of really hard checking guys on that line. All I hear out of Vancouver is grumbling about Loui but will take him over Lucic any day. I am hoping Hitchcock looks at the film last night and doesn't stick to the grab and hold theory and instead looks at what other teams in the league will see if they watch the tape of last night - a way to really disrupt Connor off the rush. I also didn't help that our other big gun was a no show.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Oiler fan but I come in peace. Was impressed how Horvat shut down Connor last night. I am not popular on my own team's board right now for stating that Horvat did something I haven't seen all year - he moved his feet at same rate as Connor and really disrupted the play. I didn't see a lot of grabbing - I saw a lot of hustle. We also could really use a guy like Loui on our team versus, say, Lucic. You have a couple of really hard checking guys on that line. All I hear out of Vancouver is grumbling about Loui but will take him over Lucic any day. I am hoping Hitchcock looks at the film last night and doesn't stick to the grab and hold theory and instead looks at what other teams in the league will see if they watch the tape of last night - a way to really disrupt Connor off the rush. I also didn't help that our other big gun was a no show.

Agreed, Loui would look great in Edmonton. You should try to get some buzz going! :nod:

Reactions: PredsForPresidents

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Bo really is the heart and soul guy for this team. And it's beautiful how well he complements EP, and that Brock has already shown he can play with either at centre. Definitely our new Hank-Dank-Kes, or even Kane-Toews-Hossa. Now just need our Duncan Keith.

That’ll be Hughes. Mostly because we got nothing else other than Hughes.

lawrence

May 19, 2012

Becareful what you wish for. Lucic is actually a deterent for anyone who thinks they can mess with mcdavid.

FrmrPlyr

Dec 17, 2018
Becareful what you wish for. Lucic is actually a deterent for anyone who thinks they can mess with mcdavid.
I wish that were actually true. McDavid rolls his eyes on the bench so often with Lucic does some of what Lucic does. People outside of Edmonton seem to believe in some magical aura around Lucic but it really is smoke and mirrors. People also think McDavid is like Crosby - he isn't close. McDavid does no whining and is toughest superstar in the game.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Its become glaringly obvious that Bo Horvat is the leader of this team.

He keeps surpassing every benchmark and goal thats being asked of him by the franchise off and on the ice.

He is a fantastic example to our young core of effort, work ethic and persevearance.

Cory Hirsh the Canucks Color Commentator said that without a doubt or hesitation, Bo Horvat and Jay Beagle are the 2 most influencial and biggest leaders in the dressing room.

To me the icing on the cake was a play that happened recently in Nashville. With the Canucks down in the final few minutes of the game, Roman Josi takes a penalty by boarding/cross checking Horvat into the boards. Jake Virtanen immidiately steps up and mucks it up w. Josi. Horvat's team 1st mentality and leadership instincts immidiately activates and he bear hugs Virtanen and prevents him from taking a pentaly that would take the Canucks off the PP. Horvat of course goes on to score a short handed goal and tie the game with seconda left.

This to me is a true sign of a leader.

The Canucks said they are waiting for a player to stand out and grab the captaincy by the horn....to me Bo Horvat has done that and there is no doubt in my mind that pur players would go through hell and back and battle for and with a player likr Bo Horvat.

So. What are we waiting for ???

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Its become glaringly obvious that Bo Horvat is the leader of this team.

He keeps surpassing every benchmark and goal thats being asked of him by the franchise off and on the ice.

He is a fantastic example to our young core of effort, work ethic and persevearance.

Cory Hirsh the Canucks Color Commentator said that without a doubt or hesitation, Bo Horvat and Jay Beagle are the 2 most influencial and biggest leaders in the dressing room.

To me the icing on the cake was a play that happened recently in Nashville. With the Canucks down in the final few minutes of the game, Roman Josi takes a penalty by boarding/cross checking Horvat into the boards. Jake Virtanen immidiately steps up and mucks it up w. Josi. Horvat's team 1st mentality and leadership instincts immidiately activates and he bear hugs Virtanen and prevents him from taking a pentaly that would take the Canucks off the PP. Horvat of course goes on to score a short handed goal and tie the game with seconda left.

This to me is a true sign of a leader.

The Canucks said they are waiting for a player to stand out and grab the captaincy by the horn....to me Bo Horvat has done that and there is no doubt in my mind that pur players would go through hell and back and battle for and with a player likr Bo Horvat.

So. What are we waiting for ???
They are waiting until the Sedin ceremony. Also, I’ll add that Sutter is a huge leader in the locker room. Bigger than Beagle

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Hirsh is an idiot. Beagle has played 12 games for the franchise. Sutter and Bo are the leaders.

What possible agenda would Hirsh have to say Beagle is one of the biggest leaders on the team.

He has a stanley cup ring. Its not that hard to believe that the young guys look up to him.

Also it was reported at training camp that Beagle was one of the most fittest and was destryoing records that the Sedins held for years.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Anniversary year next year. That’s what they’re waiting for.

I have a dream...

Draft day, Vancouver. Benning and his entourage are walking up to the stage to select their first round pick. Horvat has been invited to join them. Just a little feel good PR as it is in Vancouver and in front of his hometown fans. Benning and co, reach the podium and Benning waits a moment for the crowd noise to die down before speaking...

"Welcome to the best fans in the NHL blah blah blah....."

"Thank you Gary Bettman and the NHL yada yada yada..."

"Congratulations to our neighbours south of us in Seattle who were awarded the NHL's 32nd franchise. We look forward to a long and healthy rivalry derp derp derp..."

and then goes on to say:

"Now without anymore delay..to announce our first pick of the 2019 entry draft.. I am very proud to present..... the 14th Captain of your Vancouver Canucks... BO HORVAT!!!" as he hands him a #53 sweater with the "C" on it that one of the entourage was concealing. The crowd goes mental and blows the roof off of Rogers arena. Horvat is as shocked as anyone. Bo then puts on his new sweater and receives one of the longest standing ovations in Canucks history.

Horvat then announces Hughes as our very first first overall pick ever.... getting greedy?

Reactions: sting101

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad