Pre-Game Talk: Blues vs Canucks Wednesday 26/02/2014 @ 7:30 PM Rogers Arena - SNET-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
way too much hate on Torts.........no one know what will happen last 20 game or so.....it either very good or collapse.........the team have to turn it around as all good team do

Wetcoaster

WHEW!!!!

Brad Ziemer ‏@BradZiemer
Henrik's absence today family-related. Team will announce Utica call-ups later today.

Wetcoaster

The Hockey News lists the Canucks as the top of 5 stories as the NHL resumes:

1. Canucks Tailspin. Vancouver headed into the Olympics as the coldest team in the league – losers of seven straight and eight (all in regulation) of 10 games. They’re banged up, although both Henrik Sedin and Kevin Bieksa have been practicing and could return soon, but that’s no guarantee they’ll pull the team out of this slump. The Canucks are one point out of the eighth playoff spot in the Western Conference, but they’re also only three points ahead of 12th-place Nashville. Four of their first five games after the break are against teams ahead of them in the West (St. Louis, Minnesota, Phoenix and Dallas) – and if they lose further ground, it will be fascinating to see what GM Mike Gillis does at the March 5 trade deadline.​
http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/c...-five-key-nhl-storylines-to-keep-your-eye-on/

carolinacanuck

Apr 5, 2007
The Carolinas
i just had a thought and it gave me shivers...

spring-time playoff hockey without the canucks. nothing worse than the playoffs starting and not having a horse in the race.

it's like a wasted year of sporting life.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
i just had a thought and it gave me shivers...

spring-time playoff hockey without the canucks. nothing worse than the playoffs starting and not having a horse in the race.

it's like a wasted year of sporting life.

I would feel the same way but after going out in 5 and then being swept in 4 we have not had much of a post season the past few years. Against the sharks it started feeling pretty hopeless being down 0-2 and heading back to the shark tank.

I still enjoy following the games, and the canucks cant always make playoffs, many clubs have had years of this, i will still follow the draft and our prospects ect...

Wetcoaster

Hosea Cheung ‏@hosea24hours
"Playoff starts Wednesday for us." — Zack Kassian

Well that does it given the Canucks recent play-off woes.

Wetcoaster

Vancouver Canucks ‏@VanCanucks
"We're hoping Bieksa can play on Wednesday. Burrows might skate tomorrow." - Torts

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
SO not to create panic but against the blues we could still be missing, henrik, kesler, tanev, burrows....

Wetcoaster

Brad Ziemer ‏@BradZiemer
Henrik will also miss Tuesday's practice. Torts hopes he plays on Wednesday

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
SO not to create panic but against the blues we could still be missing, henrik, kesler, tanev, burrows....

I think Kesler plays, even tho it might be best he sits out a bit, Canucks have played the Blues well so I wouldn't be surprised if we beat them.

Wetcoaster

alertpanic2_800w.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Wetcoaster

Vancouver Canucks ‏@VanCanucks
"Kellan Lain will be recalled from @UticaComets. Tanev is doubtful for Wednesday." - Torts

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I remember the game where he hurt his hand on the main board people thought it was broken, but if that was the case I assume their would be no way he would be playing, especially when he played in the bronze medal game and was being a goalie. The entire u.s. team looked like they didnt even care about bronze.

Then again I also didnt think santorelli would miss much time and i was dead wrong about that.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
@benkuzma·2 mins
Kesler having MRI today. Injured right hand blocking Kovalchuk shot in second period of U.S.- Russia game in Sochi on Feb. 15

‏@sportsnetmurph·23m
Torts not sure if Kelser has a hand/finger injury from Olys but training staff is going to give him all the tests in next 2 days.

Wetcoaster

At the risk of quoting myself...

It never rains but it pours... or snows.

Dan Murphy ‏@sportsnetmurph
Torts not sure if Kelser has a hand/finger injury from Olys but training staff is going to give him all the tests in next 2 days.

Ben Kuzma ‏@benkuzma 11m
Kesler having MRI today. Injured right hand blocking Kovalchuk shot in second period of U.S.- Russia game in Sochi on Feb. 15.

1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012
Ben Kuzma ‏@benkuzma 11m
Kesler having MRI today. Injured right hand blocking Kovalchuk shot in second period of U.S.- Russia game in Sochi on Feb. 15.

1.gif
Did Kuzma mean Kesler's left hand? The clip clearly shows his left hand blocking the shot.

Lemmiwinks

Jun 11, 2011
B.C.
This team is just plain bad without Henrick in the lineup. Unlike Hank, Daniel can't play without his brother. I'll reserve my optimism for when Hank is finally back.

Goon42

Apr 12, 2013
I don't know why everyone is talking about tanking. It's real simple you guys.

We just have to go LA mode and sneak in as the 8 seed and everyone will be like super healthy and our powerplay will magically be wicked sweet and Kassian will be like gandalf out there, just straight ****** and we will be undefeated in the playoffs and win the cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad