Pre-Game Talk: Blues vs Canucks Wednesday 26/02/2014 @ 7:30 PM Rogers Arena - SNET-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013
What a joke. Vancouver's reputation proving true in this thread. How do you expect to have the mental fortitude to win 16 games in the post season if you're afraid of doing pushups?

I just don't get it.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
@BradZiemer·7 mins
Gillis says Kesler got a little banged up in final 2 games at Olympics. "We have to see how he is."

@BradZiemer·10 mins
Reading between lines of Gillis's radio appearance, sounds like we might see Nick Jensen sooner rather than later.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
@BradZiemer·7 mins
Gillis says Kesler got a little banged up in final 2 games at Olympics. "We have to see how he is."

@BradZiemer·10 mins
Reading between lines of Gillis's radio appearance, sounds like we might see Nick Jensen sooner rather than later.

I****ingmagine that.

Squall

Mar 22, 2013
Back to the grind, I hate this addiction sometimes...

Watching team Canada, from goalie on out, was a hockey purists dream. They were perfect, it was incredible to watch. The Canucks are going to look, well, pretty rough in comparison.

'Pretty rough' would be an understatement. Gonna be a tough game. Not sure what to expect tbh.

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
@BradZiemer·7 mins

Oh look Gillis already preparing for his summer press conference of when the team fails hard and he faces tough questions.

Goon42

Apr 12, 2013
Professional athletes getting paid millions of dollars forced to do push ups? Thanks Obama

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
The Tortorella coached Canucks current chances of making the post-season are pegged at 23.94%.

AV's NYR? 81.281%.

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL.html

To bad we are not in that division. Or in the Northwest anymore where the bulk of the teams finished at the bottom of the league.

So this forum wanted av gone, now in a much harder division we want torts gone, we mine as well start recycling coaches like the oilers. We can change coaching but in this division with our players getting older, i dont think another new coach is going to turn anything around.

Last edited:

Timmer44

Mar 3, 2006
Van City
Just following the process that Aquilini says should be the consequences of the Canucks missing the play-offs.

Rumour is Gillis is on a much hotter seat than Torts.

Gillis thought they would be good enough to make a run this year, now has changed his mind and wants to retool. I think that pissed off ownership.

I think Aquilini has zero clue if he thought the team, as it currently is built, is good enough to win a cup. This year was always going to be a transitional year.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary

Gillis thought they would be good enough to make a run this year, now has changed his mind and wants to retool. I think that pissed off ownership.

I think Aquilini has zero clue if he thought the team, as it currently is built, is good enough to win a cup. This year was always going to be a transitional year.

Actually that makes sense, wasn't Torts ownership's choice?

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012

The core is good enough to make the playoffs. MG spent ~65M and likely had one of the highest off-ice budgets, for us to be a bottom 10 team is completely on the GM.

The core was good enough to win the President's trophy is consecutive years, an "off year" is a low playoff seed as a minimum.

I can see if Gillis sold Aquaman the "we'll make it as a wildcard and from then anything can happen", I don't believe Aquaman would buy anything else Gillis is peddling. I'm pretty sure Gillis is gone if we miss the playoffs.

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012
My biggest worry is that regardless of the outcome of the season Aquaman is going to be happy with the revenue Gillis has generated. Canucks/Millionaire's merch has been selling well and I'm assuming the outdoor game will make quite a bit of money.

It could be a situation where the owner turns a blind eye as long as the fans keep showing up like in Edmonton.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
More like:

8LF27lh.gif

:handclap::laugh:

10/10

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
We have a bunch of players who play like a shell of their former selves locked into long term contracts with no way out and it's the coaches fault? Get real. We're hemorrhaging points left right and center. You're damn right they should bloody do push-ups. Hell if I we're Torts, I'd have them bag skate til game day and fire off warning shots, at their feet, everytime I see someone slow down.

I swear......"He yells at them and makes them do pushups", "this act is getting old fast" Wah wah wah. They're a bunch of millionares who've been signed to lucrative contracts to play a sport. And they aren't even doing that properly! Maybe we shouldn't blame the new coach thats trying to motivate them, and maybe look at the sweaty guy up in the press box that signs players on the decline to pay raises for long term deals.

Last edited by a moderator:

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
My biggest worry is that regardless of the outcome of the season Aquaman is going to be happy with the revenue Gillis has generated. Canucks/Millionaire's merch has been selling well and I'm assuming the outdoor game will make quite a bit of money.

It could be a situation where the owner turns a blind eye as long as the fans keep showing up like in Edmonton.

Canucks tickets aren't selling anywhere like they use to sell, owner won't turn a blind eye to that. Canucks have way over priced their product, this isn't the same fun, exciting, winning team it was in 2011, its a much worse product that's now playing a boring style but Canucks are greedy and still trying to get the top dollar it was able to pull from the 2011 days. I won't pay these prices to watch this average declining team, let alone put up with the hassle of going to the game with parking and getting out of there after the game when you have as manny people as a small town all leaving at once.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary

Where's this rumour about Gillis seat being hot now? HNIC said his seat wasn't even warm yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad