Pre-Game Talk: Blues vs Canucks Wednesday 26/02/2014 @ 7:30 PM Rogers Arena - SNET-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wetcoaster

The Canucks are back at it Wednesday after the Olympic break when they host the St. Louis Blues. A tough test to break out of their seven game funk.

Good news as it looks like Henrik is back and but not likely Don Cherry favourite Kevin "Bieska".

Vancouver Canucks ‏@VanCanucks
"Playing on Wednesday feels like a possibility." - Henrik
BhB1-IPCcAAAy7Z.jpg

Jeff Paterson ‏@patersonjeff
#Canucks Bieksa not talking about his injury. Skated with team. Did media in walking boot. That's about it for the update

Brad Ziemer ‏@BradZiemer
Bieksa still wearing walking boot on right foot when he is off ice. #Canucks

And returning Olympic players...

Vancouver Canucks ‏@VanCanucks
“Weber will practice tomorrow. Diaz will be back with us on Monday.” - Torts

Wetcoaster

Why Weber tomorrow and not Diaz as well at practise???

Jeff Paterson ‏@patersonjeff
#Canucks expect Yannick Weber at practice tomorrow. Diaz has been given time to return to Montreal to pack up his life for move west

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
Back to the grindstone of watching the Nucks, after some truely superb Olympic hockey. Hopefully they can turn it around here. I'm saying 4-2 for the good guys.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
In the dying minutes of the Bronze game, Kesler needs to have an "accident" involving Backes.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
looks like torts pushing the team hard in practice.....I sure he has readjusted his coaching strategy and hope the team answer back.....

Brad Ziemer ‏@BradZiemer 3h
torts making entire team do push-ups when someone misses net with shot. #Canucks

Wetcoaster

looks like torts pushing the team hard in practice.....I sure he has readjusted his coaching strategy and hope the team answer back.....

torts making entire team do push-ups when someone misses net with shot. #Canucks
Reeks of desperation, eh?

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012

The rest of the guys must hate Higgins and Hansen right bout now.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary

I expect the Canucks to leave the chest of the Blues goaltender black and blue now. Shoot it into the middle of the net boys!

It will be interesting to see if Torts dials back the minutes of his top 3 forwards. Pretty tough to justify having a couple 33 year old forwards in the top 5 of icetime, especially when they have battled injuries and struggled - never mind the Canuck brutal travel schedule.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
I expect the Canucks to leave the chest of the Blues goaltender black and blue now. Shoot it into the middle of the net boys!

It will be interesting to see if Torts dials back the minutes of his top 3 forwards. Pretty tough to justify having a couple 33 year old forwards in the top 5 of icetime, especially when they have battled injuries and struggled - never mind the Canuck brutal travel schedule.

Pure idiocy on his part IMO.

Wetcoaster

The Gospel According to Torts - travel and injuries are not excuses.

Ventana*

A trade will be made to bring in a young forward and he'll make his debut against the Blues, scoring 3 points.

5-3 Canucks final.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
The Gospel According to Torts - travel and injuries are not excuses.

Anecdotes are great and all, but after seeing your top players fall off a cliff for the 1st time in a half dozen years, maybe you need to reconsider the methods to your madness. The Canucks have spent a lot of time and resources in fatigue management - just saying things like 'it's crap, I don't believe that nonense' without anything to back it up seems more than a little pig headed.

Kesler can probably handle the minutes much better than the twins, due to his age, build and effortless skating. But giving those minutes to 33 year olds that don't skate nearly as well is probably a recipe for trouble.

Tortorella talked about needing to reconsider some of things he was doing and the time off was good for a little self reflection. I'm hoping he was alluding to this area of the game. There is simply no excuse for this group to be one of the worst 3rd period teams in the NHL - especially when you consider how strong they were under AV. Chalking it up to the team needing to learn 'situational hockey' also seems a bit odd when you consider it's a veteran group that was nothing short of dominant with the lead over the previous 3-4 years...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad