Half-Assed GDT: Blues v Caps- Will Tom Wilson hurt one of our rookies Part 3?

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Our D could have been better about covering forwards there, but that was a bad rebound Allen gave up and he kind of just floated and gave up on the play.

Reactions: BuLLeT1291

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Allen out of crease, playing uber aggressive

DizzyOccasionalAfricanwildcat-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: shmotz

BuLLeT1291

Dec 16, 2010
Regardless, the puck was clearly being held under the goalie by the defender's stick. It's almost like there's a specific penalty if you were to do that to a skater...

Edit: Essentially, he initiated what followed.

If he got the penalty for that then fine but trying to poke away at a semi lose puck when we see so many goals scored like that throughout the year is a bit rubbish.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Just checked in here. No I'm not watching, I find it best to filter Allen starts through you all 1st. I see all is well and Jake is in midseason form, so do we start a "Countdown to Husso" thread or is it too soon?

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Just checked in here. No I'm not watching, I find it best to filter Allen starts through you all 1st. I see all is well and Jake is in midseason form, so do we start a "Countdown to Husso" thread or is it too soon?
No, I really belive Husso will get #1 spot on Blues this season if Allen doesn't come back in old form.
Just start the thread.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
perron looks like hes lost out there, didnt know this was a playoff game.

Reactions: Blueston

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
I'm hoping that it is just knocking off game one rust but I am still seeing a lot of things from Allen that caused concern from me last year. He still doesn't look like he trust his positioning and tries to 'attack' for the lack of a better word every save.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I feel like Allen is either deep in his net when he should be out challenging the shot, or he's late to come out to challenge the shot. When he's late to come out, the puck carrier either passes, which means Allen is pushing out towards where the puck was instead of where it's going which puts him out of position, or the puck carrier shoots in which case Allen usually makes the save but gives up a rebound and since he's sliding out during the save, he's more prone to be way out of position to save that rebound chance.

I'm not a goalie expert, but this is what I have observed.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
No, I really belive Husso will get #1 spot on Blues this season if Allen doesn't come back in old form.
Just start the thread.

I'd love for any one of our goalies to take the reins and solidify the #1 spot, but we might wanna wait for the Husso thread until he plays an actual regular season game.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
So guys have we figured out who is drawing up plays on the whiteboard for the PP? I want to know who to be mad at, thx in advance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad