Half-Assed GDT: Blues v Caps- Will Tom Wilson hurt one of our rookies Part 3?

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
It's preseason, nothing to get an aneurysm over. We'll have 82 games to call the sky falling.
giphy.gif

Reactions: mw2noobbuster

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
It's just been an ugly game tonight. Not a lot of effective support. Poor transition execution. Disorganized in the defensive zone.

It's the preseason so a lot of that is to be expected, but it's a good reminder that this team still needs to play effectively as a team to win. They're not just going to improvise their way to wins on individual efforts.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
If we are just gonna hit and fight tonight...and not worry about scoring...then do it well. Wreck Tom Wilson and do the Eastern Conference a favor.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
So just before the Bortuzzo fight with Wilson, I saw Tarasenko on a near breakaway - on the PK... Is this something new for this pre-season, or have I just glossed over 91 playing time on the PK?

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Love the Caps announcers pontificating about late hits in the preseason, etc. etc.

Ahem...Tom Wilson Caps announcers. Heard of him?

Reactions: RoarBacon

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
So just before the Bortuzzo fight with Wilson, I saw Tarasenko on a near breakaway - on the PK... Is this something new for this pre-season, or have I just glossed over 91 playing time on the PK?
Tarasenko did play PK couple season back. Hitch wanted to him learn how to play defense.-

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
It's just been an ugly game tonight. Not a lot of effective support. Poor transition execution. Disorganized in the defensive zone.

It's the preseason so a lot of that is to be expected, but it's a good reminder that this team still needs to play effectively as a team to win. They're not just going to improvise their way to wins on individual efforts.

I honestly don't think it has been that ugly of game. The 3rd period has been pretty bad but over the first 2 I thought the Blues played quite well but Copley just shut us down.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
"Both guys trying to establish position in front" -Caps color

Sure...But Petro was doing it legally.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad