Blues Trade Proposals Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Any interest in Mcquaid?I really don't know why I like him so much, but he's a PO vet and is the type of player we need come playoff time.

Most likely would be a Jackman - Mcquaid pairing...not sure I like it too much considering they fill the same role and I don't know how well Mcquaid moves the puck. We can not rely on Jackman for that.

As the resident McQuaid fanboy, need you ask? :D

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Any interest in Mcquaid? I really don't know why I like him so much, but he's a PO vet and is the type of player we need come playoff time.

Most likely would be a Jackman - Mcquaid pairing...not sure I like it too much considering they fill the same role and I don't know how well Mcquaid moves the puck. We can not rely on Jackman for that.

McQuaid can definitely get the job done , but he is always injured.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
McQuaid can definitely get the job done , but he is always injured.

I noticed that. This time it's a broken thumb, right? Seems so "random", does his have a reoccurring injury history for 1 or 2 injuries? I know he has some concussions....

Would limited minutes on the 3rd pairing suit him better?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Our 3rd paring is fine with a rotation of Jackman, Butler, Lindbohm, and Cole. McQuaid would just be another piece in that, we wouldn't be any better or worse IMO, just different.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I'm looking to acquire Mcquaid with the idea of moving Cole out for a pick

I thought Cole has been pretty good outside a few screw ups, but once your in Hitch's dog house...there's no coming out of it. I don't think Cole has made anymore mistakes then Shatty or Pie either, yet he finds himself in rotation again.

I havnt inquired about his value, but if he could be moved for a 2nd, it should be considered. I don't see him having a roster spot next year.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I'm looking to acquire Mcquaid with the idea of moving Cole out for a pick

I thought Cole has been pretty good outside a few screw ups, but once your in Hitch's dog house...there's no coming out of it. I don't think Cole has made anymore mistakes then Shatty or Pie either, yet he finds himself in rotation again.

I havnt inquired about his value, but if he could be moved for a 2nd, it should be considered. I don't see him having a roster spot next year.
I think Cole is in limbo this year, but I don't think he'll be moved during the season. A lot of his future depends on what happens with Jackman. I'd expect Lindbohm to be on the team full time next season. So that leaves Jackman and Cole for that sixth spot. If we don't bring Butler back, we could conceivably keep Cole and rotate him and Jackman. If Butler comes back, things get a bit more complicated.

Lucifer T Longfellow

Mar 30, 2011

When I suggested the Perron for Berglund thing it was bit tongue and cheek. Edm is scouting us... We need a skilled winger.... No one has mentioned him... I thought the idea was slightly amusing...

Personally I want a rental like Jagr or some other natural RW who won't cost too much and allow us to keep Berglund until the off season. Not that keeping him is a requirement, but he does provide depth at Center
Currently I don't think that we have a natural RW on the team besides Jaskin and he hasn't exactly gotten it done, maybe this call up will be different.

What about Rattie? I don't watch him but is he just not ready for NHL to be the 3rd line RW?

I'm not a fan of the idea of trading Shattenkirk. I think that would be more disruptive than it would help, he has been great this year. I want to keep our defensive depth. I think an upgrade to 3rd RW to help make that line a little more dangerous is all that we need right now.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Rattie just isn't NHL ready yet.

I think Jagr would require some pro scouting to make sure he hasn't declined too much. He has a pretty low shooting%, so is he no longer a goal scorer or will he eventually revert back to the mean?

Stafford is the other rental that could make sense.

And of course there is Foligno, if we want to pay for the top rental.

Not of fan of getting Tlusty.

Really is a crappy year for rentals.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I think Cole is in limbo this year, but I don't think he'll be moved during the season. A lot of his future depends on what happens with Jackman. I'd expect Lindbohm to be on the team full time next season. So that leaves Jackman and Cole for that sixth spot. If we don't bring Butler back, we could conceivably keep Cole and rotate him and Jackman. If Butler comes back, things get a bit more complicated.

Butler is a perfect 7th man. They should keep him. If Lindbohm isn't in the third pairing, he'll be I the AHL.

I really kinda think they will be a better team if they let Jackman go. I like him, and especially his attitude in the physical games, but he's dropping off fast and a multiyear contract is not probably a good move.

It's a tough situation and one I would fail at as a GM. I want to see the team show him some loyalty, but frankly he is going to be passed up by cheaper younger options.

He'll get a contract somewhere as a UFA. But they probably let him walk if they don't trade Cole.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Simple solution, win the cup, Jax retires and get an office job with the Blues. Everyone is happy.

Simple :sarcasm:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
So thinking later down the road, maybe as soon as this summer, It sounds like Tatar+/Jurco+ for Oshie could be a solid deal for each side. Depending on what extensions will look like for Tarasenko and Schwartz, and if Lehtera continues his strong play, this could be a way to cut salary, add to the future, and not miss a beat in the short-term.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Except for the Brett Hull deal (big exception) the Blues usually make terrible trades.

PLEASE - no trades. Leave this team alone until the off season Doug.

within my time as a fan:

Getting Demitra for nothing

getting Tkachuk for two guys who never really took off (Nagy had a few good seasons but he was no Tkachuk)

Weight for Reasoner and Hecht

Boyes for Wideman

McDonald for Weight

Sobotka for Warsofsky

Trading Tkachuk/Guerin several times and collecting 1st rounders

EJ-Shattenkirk appears to be a win-win

JBo for uh...yeah...

Ryan Mil- you know what maybe we'll leave that one out

Point being they have made some really great trades over the years. Also some bad ones. Kind of like every NHL team

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
JR mentioned again in his chat that he's heard Lucic's name out of Boston with the Bruins eyeing one or two top 6 forwards which McKenzie noted were Oshie and Berglund, no surprise.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I would not do that, I wouldn't touch that. That is if it's both for Lucic or even Lucic+.
I don't think it would be a 2 for 1. Boston would have to add another piece too.

I would like Lucic on this team. Not sure if I want to lose Oshie though.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
It's hard to say. I personally prefer a physical presence like Lucic over a guy like Eberle, who I question how he would perform in the playoffs. Really just a personal preference though. In reality I'm not sure the guy to get us over the hump is out there. I think we'll have to mainly rely on what we already have on the team, and I wouldn't mind giving them one more shot while adding a rental better than Lindstrom.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I just don't think swapping Lucic and Oshie would change much on the bottom-line, we'd just look different doing it.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Lucic woud work with Stastny, but I don't think he's the guy to get us over the hump.

I would like to have him, but not at the expense of Oshie. Berglund I could live with. Lucic has over a full season's worth of playoff games in his career, more than anyone on our team(not counting Marty), and he's still only 26. He makes us harder to play against, he's not completely inept offensively, and he comes from a similar system. I'd be awfully intrigued.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
When fully healthy, we have 1 noticeable hole in the forward lines (Lindstrom). If we trade Oshie and Berglund for Lucic, we now have two noticeable holes, with nothing to say that Lucic will even be an upgrade on Oshie. I'd pass on a 2 for 1 swap

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
So, I tell the Boston borad to keep them in the loop, and they assume they must be getting Hall for him + lol.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I just can't get behind the idea....especially with someone like Fabbri who could work well with Stastny(cuz he really good at hockey)

Steen- Backes - Oshie doesn't look good in any other capacity unless it's that Schwartz guy filling in.

As others said, intriguing...but pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad