Blues Trade Proposals Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Berglund does have 5 points in his past 8 games. Probably should wait and see if he develops chemistry with Stastny.

Lucifer T Longfellow

Mar 30, 2011
What about Berglund for Perron? Get a more dynamic natural LW to play with Stastny, money is about the same. Edm gets a signed center who can't flee.

Not sure how Blues' MGMT feels about Perron though. But he knows the system and how not to fit in it.

Last edited:

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I view this as trying to win this year - all the pieces seem to have fallen into place. Berglund helps us do that. Yak doesn't. Stas is still figuring out the system and he had all summer to do that. It took Roy a long time to figure it out also. Yak will be way lost....

Yak only played in the KHL for part of the lockout - which was different sort of year w/ the NHL tallent. Other then that he was with Sarnia. He needed more time to develop. It wasn't like he dominated a full season in the KHL.

It is a huge risk. In off season - I would make the move, but not during the season. It hurts the team short term.

I saw the Nail, Read, Stas line, but honestly, based on last night, I think putting Ott on the wing w/ Berglund and Stas, w/ Porter, Lappy, and Reaves on the 4th makes a lot of sense in the playoffs. Those 4 players do one heck of a job mashing the d.

I personally like Berglund better then Read from the overall game stand point.

For all we know, Edmonton was looking at MSP. How funny would that be to trade him back for a 2nd?? Heck, maybe even Butler.
Derek Roy sucks defensively. He never figured out the system because it didn't suit him. Stastny is much different than him. I actually have hope that he can be an impact player. We need him to be.

Berglund is a 3rd-line complimentary piece. If you think he's a piece of the puzzle that we need to win, then we'll just have to agree to disagree. The player that I see, I don't view him as a critical part of the team and feel we would be fine without him. Of course, I still think all we need is a rental upgrade on Lindstrom, but if we packaged Berglund for a more 'core' player per se, I'd be okay with it.

Like it's been said, Yakupov may not be available in the offseason, so it could be now or never to take a chance on him, which is why it's an intriguing option during this point of the season.

However, I do agree with some of your points. I for one don't care about Matt Read that much. I just think he's more of what we already have. Fine player, but I'd rather target someone else.

Also agreed that Edmonton can take Paajarvi back. I'd rather have a 2nd at this point.

I also think Ott is actually a better option than Paajarvi and Lindstrom as the 3rd-line RW. I know a lot of people don't like that, but he actually provides a physical presence which is more than the other two can say. And Porter-Lappy-Reaves would be a great line in the playoffs. If we can't find anyone through trade, I'd prefer either Ott or Jaskin next to Berglund and Stastny. Or, Lapierre. And put Ott at center on the 4th-line. I think Lapierre has been showing some underrated offensive skills lately and wouldn't mind giving him that chance. I'm not sure why Hitch hasn't done it.

What about Berglund for Perron? Get a more dynamic natural LW to play with Stastny, money is about the same. Edm gets a signed center who can't flee.

Not sure who Blues MGMT, feel about Perron though. But he knows the system and how not to fit in it.
That ship has sailed.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Derek Roy sucks defensively. He never figured out the system because it didn't suit him. Stastny is much different than him. I actually have hope that he can be an impact player. We need him to be.

Berglund is a 3rd-line complimentary piece. If you think he's a piece of the puzzle that we need to win, then we'll just have to agree to disagree. The player that I see, I don't view him as a critical part of the team and feel we would be fine without him. Of course, I still think all we need is a rental upgrade on Lindstrom, but if we packaged Berglund for a more 'core' player per se, I'd be okay with it.

Like it's been said, Yakupov may not be available in the offseason, so it could be now or never to take a chance on him, which is why it's an intriguing option during this point of the season.

However, I do agree with some of your points. I for one don't care about Matt Read that much. I just think he's more of what we already have. Fine player, but I'd rather target someone else.

Also agreed that Edmonton can take Paajarvi back. I'd rather have a 2nd at this point.

I also think Ott is actually a better option than Paajarvi and Lindstrom as the 3rd-line RW. I know a lot of people don't like that, but he actually provides a physical presence which is more than the other two can say. And Porter-Lappy-Reaves would be a great line in the playoffs. If we can't find anyone through trade, I'd prefer either Ott or Jaskin next to Berglund and Stastny. Or, Lapierre. And put Ott at center on the 4th-line. I think Lapierre has been showing some underrated offensive skills lately and wouldn't mind giving him that chance. I'm not sure why Hitch hasn't done it.

That ship has sailed.

Roy used to be pretty good defensively prior to his injury. He was solid in Buffalo then he got hurt.... Career nose dived. I think Stas will figure it out. I also think he is already an impact player on the 2nd pp unit and is great on the 3rd line. He seems to have been more productive lately.

As for Berglund being part of the core or critical to the team. I think he is this season based on his play. The step down from him to Yak would be very noticeable. I kind of view this as the year to make it to the finals. Based on the team development - key player growth, and also finances. (Kings are hurting this year at D w/ Voynov issue, Chicago has lost all of it's depth... too many pieces falling into place while next year - we may have to make some tough decisions). Plus the wear and tear of the long playoffs on Chicago and LA and Boston.... over the last few years.

IMo, I would be up for moving Berglund in the offseason. If fact, I think we have too. We will not be the package we could now and one could argue that better use of assets trading him for future. However, my goal for the team this year is cup. It if was just make it to the playoffs, then I would be up for moving him.

That is why I would't trade Shatty for Hall and Berglund for Yak.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
It's really hard for me to imagine Edmonton moving Yakupov for Berglund.

There's a very high chance that they end up with a top two pick in the coming draft and take McDavid or Eichel. They already have RNH locked up long-term at center. They need Yakupov to develop into a high quality top six winger more than they need Berglund to lock down their #3 center position.

I could see them looking at him if it helps them get out from under Eberle's contract, but I think the Blues would want Edmonton to eat a big chunk of salary to do that deal. That kind of defeats the purpose of moving Eberle to begin with, though, so that scenario doesn't seem very likely either. I'm also far from convinced that Eberle should be a long-term fixture on this team.

I'm hoping the Blues kick the tires on Jagr and the rental price is reasonable.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
If you can get amazing value, then I think Army might try for it. If Edmonton ends up saying Yak for Bergy straight up, I'm not sure you can pass up that value.

Yakupov's value has fallen, but if its equal to a 3rd line center/winger then Edmonton just has to eat it and keep him. That's not a structural change that helps their team enough to justify the firestorm for trading a former #1 overall for Berglund. I just don't see that happening under any circumstances.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Yakupov's value has fallen, but if its equal to a 3rd line center/winger then Edmonton just has to eat it and keep him. That's not a structural change that helps their team enough to justify the firestorm for trading a former #1 overall for Berglund. I just don't see that happening under any circumstances.

I agree, just saying that's the scenario where Army couldn't pass on taking that project on.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
It's really hard for me to imagine Edmonton moving Yakupov for Berglund.

There's a very high chance that they end up with a top two pick in the coming draft and take McDavid or Eichel. They already have RNH locked up long-term at center. They need Yakupov to develop into a high quality top six winger more than they need Berglund to lock down their #3 center position.

I could see them looking at him if it helps them get out from under Eberle's contract, but I think the Blues would want Edmonton to eat a big chunk of salary to do that deal. That kind of defeats the purpose of moving Eberle to begin with, though, so that scenario doesn't seem very likely either. I'm also far from convinced that Eberle should be a long-term fixture on this team.

I'm hoping the Blues kick the tires on Jagr and the rental price is reasonable.
:handclap:

I really think this is a realistic option. I dont think NJ will make the POs and even if they did...they arent going anywhere. It would be nice if Army could get them to bite now. Stastny could use the help that Jagr would provide down low and on the half walls. Watching the POs last year Stastny potted a few goals hanging right off the right side of the goal. Jagr is a wizard still with passing.

NJ fans were on board with Paajarvi+2nd

turn around and move Berglund for picks at the draft. hopefully he beasts in the POs and drives his Value up, he would be forever loved in STL

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
:handclap:

I really think this is a realistic option. I dont think NJ will make the POs and even if they did...they arent going anywhere. It would be nice if Army could get them to bite now. Stastny could use the help that Jagr would provide down low and on the half walls. Watching the POs last year Stastny potted a few goals hanging right off the right side of the goal. Jagr is a wizard still with passing.

NJ fans were on board with Paajarvi+2nd

turn around and move Berglund for picks at the draft. hopefully he beasts in the POs and drives his Value up, he would be forever loved in STL

Imagine if someone told you in 1995 that Jagr and Brodeur would be on the Blues at the same time. Reaction: "awesome!!!!!!". Oh, in 2015, 20 years from now. Reaction: "what!?"

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Jagr is a decent option, no doubt. Just wonder if he'd have enough in the tank come playoff time. You could platoon him with Jaskin (and Lindstrom) so that he (Dimitrij) can learn from his idol though.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Jagr is a decent option, no doubt. Just wonder if he'd have enough in the tank come playoff time. You could platoon him with Jaskin (and Lindstrom) so that he (Dimitrij) can learn from his idol though.

He'd be a 3rd liner, we wouldn't need to lean on him all that much. Secondary scoring.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I've wondered how much Jagr has left in the tank for years it seems. He's a freak. He is in amazing shape and works as hard as anyone in the league. He would be an awesome addition. Nothing intimidates him.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Any interest in Mcquaid? I really don't know why I like him so much, but he's a PO vet and is the type of player we need come playoff time.

Most likely would be a Jackman - Mcquaid pairing...not sure I like it too much considering they fill the same role and I don't know how well Mcquaid moves the puck. We can not rely on Jackman for that.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I'd rather just give Lindbohm an extended look than give up assets for McQuaid. I like him, but Lindbohm has impressed me a lot.

I agree...but come playoff time the experience would be a major plus. Lindbohm plays the same way, hate to see him collapse under pressure.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I agree...but come playoff time the experience would be a major plus. Lindbohm plays the same way, hate to see him collapse under pressure.

I completely understand the logic behind a guy like McQuaid. But given our limited assets, I'd rather use them for a third line winger instead of another defenseman. I'm really starting to want Jagr.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I completely understand the logic behind a guy like McQuaid. But given our limited assets, I'd rather use them for a third line winger instead of another defenseman. I'm really starting to want Jagr.

From what I've gathered, Bruins are somewhat jammed on D and Mcquaid may be pushed into a rotation. He may be cheap.

The Jagr situation may be improving. He is looking very frustrated with his team, he still is a gamer and the Devils are slipping big time. He may want out big time

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
From what I've gathered, Bruins are somewhat jammed on D and Mcquaid may be pushed. He may be cheap.

The Jagr situation may be improving. He is looking very frustrated with his team, he still is a gamer and the Devils are slipping big time. He may want out big time

I would still be interested in McQuaid depending on the price, but he'd have to be really cheap.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I asked in the Boston thread on the main board. The response I got was, Free if we take kelly for whatever we want to send their way:laugh:

Edit: I forgot Paajarvi was an RFA.....I wonder if He could land Jagr by himself. The Devils Roster is old and slow, MPS is an injection of what they need. May not work but would be nice if it be made to happen

Last edited:

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
I asked in the Boston thread on the main board. The response I got was, Free if we take kelly for whatever we want to send their way:laugh:

Edit: I forgot Paajarvi was an RFA.....I wonder if He could land Jagr by himself. The Devils Roster is old and slow, MPS is an injection of what they need. May not work but would be nice if it be made to happen

I'd be down for a Paajarvi+pick for Jagr move for the playoff run. Adds more size, secondary scoring, and 200 more games of playoff experience(78-121-199 in those games).

Steen-Backes-Oshie
Schwartz-Lehtera-Tarasenko
Berglund-Stastny-Jagr
Ott-Lapierre-Reaves
Lindstrom, Porter

Old Blueser

Jan 28, 2012
Now that I have stopped hoping for Berglund to be more than what he is--he is a really good defensive player, and is not a particularly skilled offensive one--I worry about flipping him for a more offense-first guy. These last few weeks he has looked really strong against the other teams lines and it's helped him chip in a little on the O. Seems like trading him for a Perron type would create one issue to solve another.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The other great aspect about keeping Berglund is his ability to play center, and with his improved quickness, being a legitimate shutdown option. In case of injury to one of our top 9 centers, we won't have to scramble with putting Steen or Schwartz at center, we can just put Berglund there and not rock the boat.

There are probably just as many pros and cons on deciding to keep or move Berglund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia