Blues Trade Proposals Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
I'm gonna have to disagree wholeheartedly on the trade Pietrangelo point, especially if the return involves Luke Schenn ffs.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
I'm pretty darn happy with Pietrangelo, Bouwmeester, Shattenkirk, and Gunnarsson as our top 4.

I'm honestly not sure what realistic thing could be done to improve that group.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
What's this about us trading Berglund for Marincin? This is a mistake for many reasons.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I don't think moving someone who is a full-time part of our top 9 for someone that would only compete for our #7 spot would be a good move.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Where is this coming from? An actual rumor? Doesnt make any sense at all

I haven't heard it, and since it makes no sense and since we have no secondary scoring and Hitch isn't high on Lindstrom or Paajarvi, I seriously doubt it's anything meaningful.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Jim Matheson tweeted:

Trade possibility for Oilers at centre: Patrik Berglund in St. Louis. Blues like Marincin and are short of defence bodies.#oilers.

That's just his speculation. We aren't short on defensive bodies, and I'm guessing the liking of Marincin was part of a bigger package when there was talk of us talking out Eberle and Yakupov.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
If we decide to move Berglund to give Jaškin a full time spot, then okay. Marinčin looks like he'll be a decent player, but he isn't enough to get Berglund.

Something closer to Marinčin & the Oilers 2nd for Berglund.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Right, and value-wise, I'd be fine with that. Marincin could likely develop into a Gunnarsson type, and he does have a little bit of offensive potential, but we are going to have a defensive logjam with our prospects. We have a bunch of defensive prospects on a similar level that will be turning pro soon. Lindbohm, Parayko, and Schmaltz will all be competing for playing time in the near future IMO.

Still don't see Berglund being moved in the season unless it is part of a bigger deal.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
If we even make a move for Marincin...

Good God this team's obsession with puck-movers. Yeah our top 4 is great but at this point I'm almost hoping we load up our defense with seven soft puck-movers and then face LA in the playoffs so they can run our entire defense through the boards and beat us in a playoff series again.

We can move the puck fine. If we spend assets on getting another puck-mover I'm gonna be pissed. This team's defense is fine. Martin Marincin doesn't offer anything we don't already have, IMO.

I want this team a little tougher in all honesty. I think up front replacing Paajarvi/Lindstrom's spot with Jaskin would be good enough, but if we're going after a d-man I wouldn't mind picking up a tougher, cheap #7 to replace Butler. We don't have anyone on the blueline that can hit like some of these teams we just played have. And the argument that you can't play like that in the NHL anymore because you'll get sent to the box is pure ********.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Marincin is going to be a very good player but I think his style is redundant here. I also think the Oilers would be dumb to trade him as he's the only defenseman that looks capable out there but then again, this is the Oilers we're talking about.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011

Good God this team's obsession with puck-movers. Yeah our top 4 is great but at this point I'm almost hoping we load up our defense with seven soft puck-movers and then face LA in the playoffs so they can run our entire defense through the boards and beat us in a playoff series again.

We can move the puck fine. If we spend assets on getting another puck-mover I'm gonna be pissed. This team's defense is fine. Martin Marincin doesn't offer anything we don't already have, IMO.

I want this team a little tougher in all honesty. I think up front replacing Paajarvi/Lindstrom's spot with Jaskin would be good enough, but if we're going after a d-man I wouldn't mind picking up a tougher, cheap #7 to replace Butler. We don't have anyone on the blueline that can hit like some of these teams we just played have. And the argument that you can't play like that in the NHL anymore because you'll get sent to the box is pure ********.

I agree with that, but if we are making space for Jaškin, then an NHL ready defenseman with top 4 potential and an early second would be a very good return for Berglund (and maybe a mid round pick).

I'd like to see more of a crease clearing defenseman in the 3rd pairing, but who is that? Our top 4 is set. I like both Jackman and Cole, but I'm far from sold on that pairing beyond this season.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If Blues management wanted room for Jaskin, they would've kept playing him or slid Porter through waivers instead of sending Jaskin down.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis

I completely agree. We need a couple of bruisers. A d-man softer that Bouwmeester is not helping matters at this point.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
If Blues management wanted room for Jaskin, they would've kept playing him or slid Porter through waivers instead of sending Jaskin down.

Just a hypothetical scenario. I'm firmly in the camp that Berglund will be moved after the season, not during it.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
If we waive somebody and call up Jaskin I'd rather it be Lindstrom than Porter to be honest. He's not doing it for me up there.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Porter is more replaceable and probably would clear waivers like he has in the past.

Would Lindstrom still be able to get out of his contract and go to Europe instead of reporting to Chicago if he cleared?

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Porter is more replaceable and probably would clear waivers like he has in the past.

Would Lindstrom still be able to get out of his contract and go to Europe instead of reporting to Chicago if he cleared?

My understanding is that this is exactly what his contract allows him to do.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
That's what I thought as well, just wasn't sure if there was a clause or something that once the season started, he no longer had an out. That's why we won't risk him on waivers.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011

Yes. In that scenario, Armstrong would talk to Lindström and find out what he is comfortable with. If it is the Blues or Europe, then we'll put him on unconditional waivers for contract termination.

We could force him to play in the AHL, but that would just be stupid.

AFAIK, the clause in his contract was for making the roster out of camp.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
What do you guys think of a pick around Berglund for Ryder, who adds?

Maybe he could play on the top line and send Backes down to center to replace Berglund

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
What do you guys think of a pick around Berglund for Ryder, who adds?

Maybe he could play on the top line and send Backes down to center to replace Berglund

I would rather keep Berglund. There is no reason for us to trade for the 34 year old who is steadily declining and nothing more than a rental.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad