Blues Trade Proposals Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Part of me hopes for a Lucic-Oshie deal just to see the Boston fan base freak out. Besides that reasoning, it would be pretty meh.

Highway Man

Oct 8, 2014
The thing is, the value is mine was fine, yours not so much.

You are undervaluing Lucic quite a bit. Perhaps judging him strictly on his stats this season? He's a 25 goal scoring 60 point power forward. Bruins fans value Lucic like Blues fans value Backes (except Lucic is younger). Oshie does not equal Lucic. It's fine that he does in your opinion, but nowhere close in the eyes of Bruins fans.

Oshie = Ericksson (current version of Ericksson)
Lucic >>> Berglund

Krejci Bergeron Soderberg Kokolachev Spooner Kelly Campbell

Why would the Brins have ANY interest in Berglund? He's at most a defensive center with little to no offense. IF The Bruins front office has trouble resigning Soderberg, they have Kelly who can slot in as 3rd line defensive center/ penalty killer. And if they want offense they let Spooner &/or Koko get a look.

Oshie for Ericksson swap can be done perhaps, but no chance Lucic involved. No interest in Berglund at all.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If there's one thing I've learned from your trade board, I'm not going to discuss many things in detail except for a select few posters.

Oshie is definitely worth more than Eriksson, Backes is worth more than Lucic, and Oshie and Lucic are very close on value.

Highway Man

Oct 8, 2014
If there's one thing I've learned from your trade board, I'm not going to discuss many things in detail except for a select few posters.

Oshie is definitely worth more than Eriksson, Backes is worth more than Lucic, and Oshie and Lucic are very close on value.

:laugh: go see Redbeard & Don, I'm sure they'll be happy to trade you Bergeron & Hamilton for Jackman & Reaves. Feel like I'm debating with a Leaf fan. Agree to disagree

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
:laugh: go see Redbeard & Don, I'm sure they'll be happy to trade you Bergeron & Hamilton for Jackman & Reaves. Feel like I'm debating with a Leaf fan. Agree to disagree

Nah, that type of fan would throw their agenda down your throat, I'm just gonna avoid a pointless back and forth.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Maybe value wise it's good. But I don't believe it makes STL better. MAYBE Lucic and Stastny get something going but you break up the SOB line...a proven asset. Eriksson for Berglund seems lateral more then anything.

I'd stay with getting a 3RW upgrade with a rental. A trade of forwards with Boston looks like robbing Peter to pay Paul(as in Paul Stastny,get it?)

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
You are undervaluing Lucic quite a bit. Perhaps judging him strictly on his stats this season? He's a 25 goal scoring 60 point power forward. Bruins fans value Lucic like Blues fans value Backes (except Lucic is younger). Oshie does not equal Lucic. It's fine that he does in your opinion, but nowhere close in the eyes of Bruins fans.

Oshie = Ericksson (current version of Ericksson)
Lucic >>> Berglund

Krejci Bergeron Soderberg Kokolachev Spooner Kelly Campbell

Why would the Brins have ANY interest in Berglund? He's at most a defensive center with little to no offense. IF The Bruins front office has trouble resigning Soderberg, they have Kelly who can slot in as 3rd line defensive center/ penalty killer. And if they want offense they let Spooner &/or Koko get a look.

Oshie for Ericksson swap can be done perhaps, but no chance Lucic involved. No interest in Berglund at all.
No interest in an Oshie for Eriksson swap at all so thanks for playing.

Highway Man

Oct 8, 2014
I don't think any fan ever said Oshie for Lucic straight up. IIRC it's always been oshie+ for Lucic...

But stop bickering, if you don't like our poster's Valuing in OUR trade thread, don't look at it

Your poster is actually posting "Lucic for Oshie" rumors in the Bruins trade forum. It's already been debunked however by a reputable highly respected poster. Oshie would be a good fit, but nowhere near the cost of Lucic.

These teams do not match up trade wise. I'm a fan of the Blues style of play. Definitely root for them once Bruins are eliminated. If goaltending holds up, Blues are running deep this season. Can't wait to watch Tarasenko in playoffs

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Your poster is actually posting "Lucic for Oshie" rumors in the Bruins trade forum. It's already been debunked however by a reputable highly respected poster. Oshie would be a good fit, but nowhere near the cost of Lucic.

These teams do not match up trade wise. I'm a fan of the Blues style of play. Definitely root for them once Bruins are eliminated. If goaltending holds up, Blues are running deep this season. Can't wait to watch Tarasenko in playoffs

This poster, just posted that we know Boston was looking at Oshie and Berglund and our writer who doesn't get involved in rumors, said Lucic is the name being mentioned.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Robbing Peter to pay Paul indeed. I like the idea of Lucic on the Blues, but not at the current cost.

They must have another move up their sleeves (Jagr), or they have a lot of faith in certain prospects to make an impact later on in the year.

Honeycutt

Jan 18, 2010
Oshie + sobtka + 2nd for lucic. Sobie is a great throwin for us since he is a roster asset on a cost controlled contract that wont take away from the current roster.

member 96824

Apologies. We've got a couple of islands floating around in a cess pool over there.

I will say, you're going to have a tough time convincing anyone Lucic and Oshie are on par in terms of value. I think that would be a league wide vote, not just a Bruin one.

Armstrong was supposed to be at the game last night but didn't show, too bad...it was one of Loui's best as a B.

And Lucic+Loui for Oshie+Berglund isn't very fair value. Definitely a nice haul for the Blue note, but the + would have to be pretty significant. I'm not quite sure where Lucic's name came from (took the bride to be out to dinner came home and saw bits and pieces of the mess our trade thread was) but if Dom says Lucic hasn't been discussed, I trust him as much as anyone in hockey...especially with Blues talks, his connection with your team is high up.

member 96824

Oshie + sobtka + 2nd for lucic. Sobie is a great throwin for us since he is a roster asset on a cost controlled contract that wont take away from the current roster.

Got a feeling Boston knows Sob doesnt want much to do with us anymore. Would probably just stay overseas

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Apologies. We've got a couple of islands floating around in a cess pool over there.

I will say, you're going to have a tough time convincing anyone Lucic and Oshie are on par in terms of value. I think that would be a league wide vote, not just a Bruin one.

Armstrong was supposed to be at the game last night but didn't show, too bad...it was one of Loui's best as a B.

And Lucic+Loui for Oshie+Berglund isn't very fair value. Definitely a nice haul for the Blue note, but the + would have to be pretty significant. I'm not quite sure where Lucic's name came from (took the bride to be out to dinner came home and saw bits and pieces of the mess our trade thread was) but if Dom says Lucic hasn't been discussed, I trust him as much as anyone in hockey...especially with Blues talks, his connection with your team is high up.

Had I had a PM convo with him.

Our beat writer that never mentions names unless it's legit mentioned Lucic, so Blues fans will take his word for it.

And as for the value parts, since it's crazy over there and you caught bits and pieces, I'll clear some things up. That combo deal would've had a decent plus on our side, and I showed that in my post over here, the Bruin fan conveniently left it out when he posted it on your board. Also never said Oshie and Lucic are equal value, but they are much closer than a lot of Bruin fans believe, and a few Bruin fans pointed that out as well.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Lucic's name has been floating around according to our writer. Only Eriksson, Lucic, Marchand make sense for the Blues. I don't see how Eriksson would be better then oshie, so that leaves is with Lucic or Marchand and we havnt heard anything of Marchand

member 96824

Had I had a PM convo with him.

Our beat writer that never mentions names unless it's legit mentioned Lucic, so Blues fans will take his word for it.

And as for the value parts, since it's crazy over there and you caught bits and pieces, I'll clear some things up. That combo deal would've had a decent plus on our side, and I showed that in my post over here, the Bruin fan conveniently left it out when he posted it on your board. Also never said Oshie and Lucic are equal value, but they are much closer than a lot of Bruin fans believe, and a few Bruin fans pointed that out as well.

Ahh sorry. Missed the + since a lot of people didnt reference it unfortunately.

I honestly dont know what I would peg the + at that makes Lucic/Oshie fair. It would have to be something quality though, not a quantity thing...at least I would hope...although hard to say with our trading track record.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Yeah, I didn't specify what the + was, just because I didn't know what would make sense for both sides.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Butler is a perfect 7th man. They should keep him. If Lindbohm isn't in the third pairing, he'll be I the AHL.

I really kinda think they will be a better team if they let Jackman go. I like him, and especially his attitude in the physical games, but he's dropping off fast and a multiyear contract is not probably a good move.

It's a tough situation and one I would fail at as a GM. I want to see the team show him some loyalty, but frankly he is going to be passed up by cheaper younger options.

He'll get a contract somewhere as a UFA. But they probably let him walk if they don't trade Cole.

First time I totally agree with you and second I understand your post. :) Can you feel it?

Oshie+ <-> Marchand
Pääjärvi + <-> Jagr

Code:
Steen - Backes - Schwartz/Marchand
Marchand/Schwartz - Lehterä - Tarasenko
Berglund - Stastny - Jagr
Ott - Lapierre - Reaves

Porter/Jaskin/Lindström

For real I don't understand why Bruins would trade they core players Lucic or Marchand? It's like taking good back swing to downhill.

Last edited:

Old Blueser

Jan 28, 2012
as a Blues fan (STL native) who lives on the East Coast and has probably seen more Lucic than some, he really is the archetype of a power forward and there's only a couple guys in the league in the conversation for his role. He is worth more than Oshie and I have long wanted the Blues to have someone with the killer instinct he's got.

But 1) the Bruins would be fools to trade him. 2) The Blues need to upgrade without losing much. Unless we really think going all in on this player is the right move, giving up top 6 for top 6 is not much of a move for us.

Apparently our GM might think otherwise but as much as I love the idea of Lucic on the Blues, trading Oshie for him isn't really that exciting.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
First time I totally agree with you and second I understand your post. :) Can you feel it?

Oshie+ <-> Marchand
Pääjärvi + <-> Jagr

Code:
Steen - Backes - Schwartz/Marchand
Marchand/Schwartz - Lehterä - Tarasenko
Berglund - Stastny - Jagr
Ott - Lapierre - Reaves

Porter/Jaskin/Lindström

For real I don't understand why Bruins would trade they core players Lucic or Marchand? It's like taking good back swing to downhill.

Hm...I spent 4 years in suburban Boston so I was forced to watch the Bruins so much. I just don't see how Marchand would make us any better than Oshie, so if we have to add to Oshie to get Marchand, I'm against it. Lucic would also be nice but everybody over there LOVES Lucic so much. I don't think he'd be worth it either as we'd have to add something significant to Oshie, which I also wouldn't want to do.

Paajarvi for Jagr on the other hand, yeah let's do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad