Blues Trade Proposals 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
Unless someone like Parayko is going to be on LTIR untill the end of the regular season, there is no cap for that (if Tarasenko is indeed going to return soon-ish). And to be honest, with the amount of healthy body's we have right now I'd be reluctant to offer any decent assets.

I'd guess I'd do Sanford for Rakell 1 for 1 if we can fit him under the cap.... But then we might have a capissue next season when we have to give some guys improved deals.

YOU GUESS!? if you can get Rakell for any or all of Sanfor/Blais/MacMac you are going to get arrested for theft! I would trade Sanford for a bag of pucks and a soda with one of those crazy curly straws.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Honestly, I think the best bet right now is to float a PTO to Brian Boyle or Michael Grabner and see if they bite.
We really can't afford a big contract(Gunnar essentially gives us 1.75 mil in Cap space), and I'm not overly enamored with any of the guys that might be available as rentals.

I've always been a fan of Grabner, and it would be nice to actually score a short-handed goal for once.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
YOU GUESS!? if you can get Rakell for any or all of Sanfor/Blais/MacMac you are going to get arrested for theft! I would trade Sanford for a bag of pucks and a soda with one of those crazy curly straws.

Both Sanford and Rakell are having terrible seasons. Rakell is obviously the better player, but his AAV is 3.8 million a year. Sanford is also having a downseason (lets be fair, he's terrible ATM but he does have had stretches where he's actually a pretty decent player) with a way better contract at 1.5 million. Rakell is also trending down the last couple of seasons: is this due to Getzlaf declining? An injury thing?

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Sanford isn’t in the same tier as Rakell. Rakell is useful even when he’s not scoring, can play defense beyond just not standing in the wrong spot (he actually takes the puck pretty often), and he can not only shoot, but pass. Most importantly, he can make his linemates BETTER. Sanford is Tage Thompson with less string and more bean, but a worse shot.

Arvidsson might be someone to look at for the Blues. He’d be a great Schwartz replacement, and he’s excellent in front of the net.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Stop this trading part.

Teams have discover Blues isnt anymore top tier defensively. Defense sucks. Even bottom teams are breaking down Blues poor transition game and weak d-core.

You hold on your picks.

Zero change Army will trade and upgrade his mistakes Krug, Faulk and Scandella.

We should discuss upgrading defense not offense.

mike1320

Stop this trading part.

Teams have discover Blues isnt anymore top tier defensively. Defense sucks. Even bottom teams are breaking down Blues poor transition game and weak d-core.

You hold on your picks.

something, something, Mikkola, something, something, should have given Pietro everything he wanted and more, blah blah blah

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Sanford isn’t in the same tier as Rakell. Rakell is useful even when he’s not scoring, can play defense beyond just not standing in the wrong spot (he actually takes the puck pretty often), and he can not only shoot, but pass. Most importantly, he can make his linemates BETTER. Sanford is Tage Thompson with less string and more bean, but a worse shot.

Arvidsson might be someone to look at for the Blues. He’d be a great Schwartz replacement, and he’s excellent in front of the net.
why would Nashville do that?
and personally, I think Arvidsson is a bit (lot) of a diver.. no thanks. talented tho

Reactions: Renard

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Stop this trading part.

You hold on your picks.

Faulk a mistake? you obviously haven't been watching

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Faulk a mistake? you obviously haven't been watching
Isn't the jury still out on that either way?

I think we can safely say that Faulk's first season here was less than stellar. He's been good for...what? The last 30 games or so? That's great, but it's not like that trumps the first 70ish games he was here.

More to the point, we're not even half a season into his 7 year extension. Whatever anyone thinks about him right now, or the greater context of the situation surrounding him, it's pretty darn likely to change in the years to come.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008

I think we can safely say that Faulk's first season here was less than stellar. He's been good for...what? The last 30 games or so? That's great, but it's not like that trumps the first 70ish games he was here.

More to the point, we're not even half a season into his 7 year extension. Whatever anyone thinks about him right now, or the greater context of the situation surrounding him, it's pretty darn likely to change in the years to come.

I think Faulk got better as the season went on and was really good in the playoffs. He picked up this year right where he left off. Of course, this is only IMO.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
I think Faulk got better as the season went on and was really good in the playoffs. He picked up this year right where he left off. Of course, this is only IMO.
I don't necessarily disagree, but he's still had more "bad" games here than "good," and whatever qualifiers one wants to use for why that has been the case, the bottom line is that we're not even scratching the surface of what his total body of work here is probably going to be.

The fact that he's been trending in the right direction, while great for the team in the short term and at least encouraging in the long term, ultimately means nothing at this point with regards to the big picture. He's going to have plenty of ups and downs, both, moving forward, and his ultimate middle ground is still very much up in the air. He's probably going to age out of his prime while he's here. He might end up having to anchor the right side (either short or long term) if things go sideways with Parayko, a role would likely affect his play and how we judge his time here. He'll probably be affected by injuries at some point, the timing, frequency, and severity of which could be anything.

And that's all before we even get into the adding the context of how the team ultimately performs and how his presence/performance influenced that (in his on-ice execution of the role he was tasked with, how his strengths and weaknesses impacted the roles others were tasked with and the team's tactics, etc., and how his financial imprint affected the team's financial decisions, and the subsequent impact of that, etc.).

The conversation goes way beyond "well his signing isn't a mistake because he's playing great now!" And when he inevitably hits a slump, the same should be said for "well his signing was a mistake because he's playing terribly now!"

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I don't necessarily disagree, but he's still had more "bad" games here than "good," and whatever qualifiers one wants to use for why that has been the case, the bottom line is that we're not even scratching the surface of what his total body of work here is probably going to be.

The fact that he's been trending in the right direction, while great for the team in the short term and at least encouraging in the long term, ultimately means nothing at this point with regards to the big picture. He's going to have plenty of ups and downs, both, moving forward, and his ultimate middle ground is still very much up in the air. He's probably going to age out of his prime while he's here. He might end up having to anchor the right side (either short or long term) if things go sideways with Parayko, a role would likely affect his play and how we judge his time here. He'll probably be affected by injuries at some point, the timing, frequency, and severity of which could be anything.

And that's all before we even get into the adding the context of how the team ultimately performs and how his presence/performance influenced that (in his on-ice execution of the role he was tasked with, how his strengths and weaknesses impacted the roles others were tasked with and the team's tactics, etc., and how his financial imprint affected the team's financial decisions, and the subsequent impact of that, etc.).

The conversation goes way beyond "well his signing isn't a mistake because he's playing great now!" And when he inevitably hits a slump, the same should be said for "well his signing was a mistake because he's playing terribly now!"
He wasn’t as good as hoped last year, but he was still okay. Had some bad luck. Every reason to believe that he is healthy will be real asset next few years. Back end of the contract could get dicey.

Reactions: mike1320

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Because it gets old hearing about Pietro and how badly Army has ruined this team. If it weren't for all the injuries they'd more than likely be cruising through the season and positioned to make a good playoff run.
Well, I think its good to have discussion for why we have 3 offensive dmen and we have gone worse in transition game. Ofc its depends what forwards do, but this team really are missing dmen who can see the open areas on passing and if there isn't passing he can carry by himself. We miss Pietro and Parayko on that part. Krug, Faulk and Dunn are good bringing puck up at powerplay, but they all lack of skill for doing it 5on5.

I'm not gonna bash how poor Krug, Faulk and Dunn are defensively, 'cus that is pretty no-brainer imo. Their best atributes are offensive game and should be in transition game, but its really worrisome at this stage. Faulk and Dunn has improve their games, but its not that promising if Krug and Faulk have 7-year contracts in here. Too much for my liking.

We now just have to hope Parayko comes back what he use to be, if not we're really in deep trouble defensively.

I don't view as a success if we 'cruise' to the playoffs in this division. That should be certain how poor other teams are in this division. I don't know is it too much asking can we realistically win Vegas or Colorado at 1st round. I'm more seeing it that we're big underdog against them.

Injuries are just excuse. We had injuries in Cup run and every player who came up fill that spot. It didn't make team bad. I also view we lack of identity and its really reason we don't have anymore Pietro, Jbo, Steen, Maroon and Allen in our team who were foundation for this team success, off ice and on ice.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Well, I think its good to have discussion for why we have 3 offensive dmen and we have gone worse in transition game. Ofc its depends what forwards do, but this team really are missing dmen who can see the open areas on passing and if there isn't passing he can carry by himself. We miss Pietro and Parayko on that part. Krug, Faulk and Dunn are good bringing puck up at powerplay, but they all lack of skill for doing it 5on5.

I'm not gonna bash how poor Krug, Faulk and Dunn are defensively, 'cus that is pretty no-brainer imo. Their best atributes are offensive game and should be in transition game, but its really worrisome at this stage. Faulk and Dunn has improve their games, but its not that promising if Krug and Faulk have 7-year contracts in here. Too much for my liking.

We now just have to hope Parayko comes back what he use to be, if not we're really in deep trouble defensively.

I don't view as a success if we 'cruise' to the playoffs in this division. That should be certain how poor other teams are in this division. I don't know is it too much asking can we realistically win Vegas or Colorado at 1st round. I'm more seeing it that we're big underdog against them.

Injuries are just excuse. We had injuries in Cup run and every player who came up fill that spot. It didn't make team bad. I also view we lack of identity and its really reason we don't have anymore Pietro, Jbo, Steen, Maroon and Allen in our team who were foundation for this team success, off ice and on ice.

No matter how I feel about Pietrangelo his absence does leave a huge hole to fill in the locker room. Add to that in the span of one year we've lost Jbo, Pietrangelo and Steen. It's a massive hit to the team. In Pietrangelo's first year as captain we missed the playoffs and the only player we lost was Backes. What we've lost this time is much more impactful than only Backes and you can't expect players such as Faulk and Krug to just plug those holes. It does take time but I am confident it will turn out perfectly fine.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis

We're romanticizing Jake Allen now?

Remember this?

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015

So now Allen was a foundational piece?

:biglaugh:

Have you read anything you've posted on this forum in the past 6 years?

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
So now Allen was a foundational piece?

:biglaugh:

Have you read anything you've posted on this forum in the past 6 years?
Well he was good back-up goaltender. 2-3mill overpaid and when he got change to be #1 he meltdown, become Shakey Jakey, but still good back-up when he didnt have to be #1.

Watch out if Allen get too much work loath in Habs he will crumble heavily. Allen have poor mental side of game, but like I said his athleticism is one of the best in NHL. Heavily rely reflection and play aggressively. Maybe Habs fit on Allen better way than Blues.

Last edited:

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021

watching him, it's night and day. it's obvious 'something' was going on that was keeping him from being the player he is right now.
he's been arguably the Blues' best player this season. if this keeps up, and right now watching him I don't see why it wouldn't, that contract will be VERY palatable
but, someone else needs to step up. Faulk had over 28 mins ice time the other night. that can't keep up. Parayko being out really hurts the D. and Dunn being...well, not very good, isn't helping.
it's early for Krug, but there's some disturbing trends I'm noticing that I'm keeping an eye out for. hopefully he figures out a way to deal with it

Reactions: mike1320

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
We're romanticizing Jake Allen now?

Remember this?

Yes and i remember those as I remember these what qualify Allen as at best back-goaltender, doesn't have head to manage to play #1 role. Shakey jakey. Kitten soft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad