Blues Trade Proposals 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
He's "reDunndant" at this point.

Opportunity missed. ;)
I dropped a comment in some thread here recently that I was hoping someone would pick up on and acknowledge. Sadly, like most semi-obscure references I make, no one did.

Zizzle

Oct 29, 2019
We don't have a 2nd until 2022.

I just noticed that. Laine would be another great add. I know they wanted D. So maybe you do Faulk, Bozak, Kryou or Kostin for Liane and 3rd ? If we could somehow Trade Faulk and Bozak that clears up close to 12M in cap space?

Zizzle

Oct 29, 2019
Just imagine a line with Liane/O Reilly/Perron then Schwartz/ Schenn/ Thomas

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
I just noticed that. Laine would be another great add. I know they wanted D. So maybe you do Faulk, Bozak, Kryou or Kostin for Liane and 3rd ? If we could somehow Trade Faulk and Bozak that clears up close to 12M in cap space?

You think we get Laine AND move Faulk's contract in the same deal? While getting rid of Bozak's salary and not giving up any 1sts? Sign me up. Just don't post it on the main, or it will be quickly locked.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Why would The Jets take 3 of The Blues' unwanted players for their best trading asset???? As a Jets' fan, I'm insulted.
Buffalo took Thompson, Berglund, and Sobe for RoR. At least Schwartz is a true top 6 forward and Dunn is close to being top 4.

Xanadude

Jun 12, 2018
Ballwin
I don't think anything outside of Parayko gets Laine. I mean, if somehow Chevy wants Faulk and Kyrou sign me the hell up, but I doubt that even comes close to getting it done.

I still think the trade that needs to happen is Dunn + for DeBrusk or some other middle-six young winger. IMO we really need some winger depth in case Kyrou doesn't take the next step.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I don't think anything outside of Parayko gets Laine. I mean, if somehow Chevy wants Faulk and Kyrou sign me the hell up, but I doubt that even comes close to getting it done.

I still think the trade that needs to happen is Dunn + for DeBrusk or some other middle-six young winger. IMO we really need some winger depth in case Kyrou doesn't take the next step.
Someone on main board suggested Kempe and 2nd. That could work.

Reactions: Xanadude

Zizzle

Oct 29, 2019
Well regardless we need to move salary as it stands. So I would think Bozak for a 3rd or 4th is reasonable? The main reason i mentioned Faulk in that Laine proposal is because the salary would more or less offset. I totally understand that the would need alot more than what I suggested. Would Faulk, Schwartz Kostin be enough or to much. As far as Steen is concerned I could see him accepting a trade there since I believe he is from around there? Probably wont happen. But the offense does need help.

Xanadude

Jun 12, 2018
Ballwin
Someone on main board suggested Kempe and 2nd. That could work.
Kempe's fast (good) and plays a bunch on special teams (good) and slots as a 2/3 line tweener (ok). I wouldn't mind that at all, especially considering Steen may not play again and PK might need help.

Reactions: Blueston

Zizzle

Oct 29, 2019
Kempe's fast (good) and plays a bunch on special teams (good) and slots as a 2/3 line tweener (ok). I wouldn't mind that at all, especially considering Steen may not play again and PK might need help.

We are over cap some now! So maybe Dunn and Bozak for Kempe? Or is that giving up to much?

Zizzle

Oct 29, 2019
Cap friendly says we are about 1.25M over so if steen is indeed done than we would be about 3 Million under which would be enough sign Dunn if we keep him which honestly dont think we need to? Maybe we take a waiver on Andreas Athanasiou? Or I have already mentioned Dunclair

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Cap friendly says we are about 1.25M over so if steen is indeed done than we would be about 3 Million under which would be enough sign Dunn if we keep him which honestly dont think we need to? Maybe we take a waiver on Andreas Athanasiou? Or I have already mentioned Dunclair

Tarasenko will also start the season on LTIR. If we don't make another signing we will begin the season at 10-ish million under the cap (IF Steen indeed is done). We also don't have an internal cap, so we don't have to move anyone to be cap compliant.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
As a Blues fan, I'm insulted that you don't think Schwartz is wanted.
Schwartz is still a good player, Dunn isn't worth a whole lot and Bozak's salary hurts his value a little, which also keeps dropping because of his age. Laine is worth much more than the 3 of them, and the 2nd Rounder. even with them, isn't nearly enough to make that trade worthwhile for The Jets. If they are going to let Laine go, they've got to get a reasonably young star player back, regardless of what extras they put into the trade and get back. Bozak is just another forward. Dunn has problems in his own zone, and doesn't score enough to allow his team to ignore that. Schwartz is good when he's fresh and not nursing some injury, but, at his age, and with his injury record, he can't be counted on for 55-60 points. There are probably another 25+ NHL teams that would love to give up 2 players they don't want anymore, who they feel are a bit overpaid for what they provide, plus a 2nd Rounder, and an aging vet with a high salary related to his healthy playing time over the past several years, for Laine. And a bunch of those could and would offer more than your Blues' offer.

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
Schwartz is still a good player, Dunn isn't worth a whole lot and Bozak's salary hurts his value a little, which also keeps dropping because of his age. Laine is worth much more than the 3 of them, and the 2nd Rounder. even with them, isn't nearly enough to make that trade worthwhile for The Jets. If they are going to let Laine go, they've got to get a reasonably young star player back, regardless of what extras they put into the trade and get back. Bozak is just another forward. Dunn has problems in his own zone, and doesn't score enough to allow his team to ignore that. Schwartz is good when he's fresh and not nursing some injury, but, at his age, and with his injury record, he can't be counted on for 55-60 points. There are probably another 25+ NHL teams that would love to give up 2 players they don't want anymore, who they feel are a bit overpaid for what they provide, plus a 2nd Rounder, and an aging vet with a high salary related to his healthy playing time over the past several years, for Laine. And a bunch of those could and would offer more than your Blues' offer.
That wasnt my offer, nor do i think it was a good offer. I was just commenting on you calling Schwartz unwanted. I dont think most of our fanbase agrees with that statement.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
As good as a player Laine is, for some reason the Jets don't want him or his upcoming salary (dude scored 30 goals in his sleep). If I'm the Blues, you do what you can, within reason, to get him on the team, especially with the uncertainty of Tarasenko and his health. I think for someone like Laine and the Blues' prospect cabinet being bare, you'd almost certainly have to have Dunn AND Kyrou/Kostin in there. So my question is to the Jets, what are you trying to be and how much are you willing to pay for these guys when they are due for their big boy contracts? Assuming Dunn peaks at about what he should be, he's most definitely going to get Krug money, and if Kyrou reaches what we hope he can be, well then you have two pretty expensive contracts in a few years, but luckily they have quite a few expiring contracts. So my guess would be a Dunn, Kyrou, + for Laine and I would wager that there's probably another player in there that will start the team in training camp (guy like Schwartz/Bozak). The only reason I say no if I'm the Jets is that I have a proven 30 goal scorer, potentially a 50 goal scorer (with no injuries) and I'm not getting back any real certainty. Plus it's within the division, so you have to be sure both teams are getting a fair deal or it's moot.

Idk it's an interesting trade to think about because of his situation, but I don't know a lot about the relationship between Laine and the Jets right now. I do think there is a potential deal to be had there, but you might be risking your future in order to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad