Blues Trade Proposals 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I would take a flyer on Luke Schenn. He's cheap and it is only for a season. Veteran RD depth would be a good thing.
Only if Parayko is going to be out for a while. If he and Gunnarsson are both going to miss extended time, yeah...Blues probably need another body. If it's just Gunnarsson who is lost, I imagine they could weather the injuries without having to bring in a guy who they'd ultimately have to waive in a few weeks. In that scenario, maybe out of respect for the Schenn family they don't bring in Luke.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Only if Parayko is going to be out for a while. If he and Gunnarsson are both going to miss extended time, yeah...Blues probably need another body. If it's just Gunnarsson who is lost, I imagine they could weather the injuries without having to bring in a guy who they'd ultimately have to waive in a few weeks. In that scenario, maybe out of respect for the Schenn family they don't bring in Luke.
Not sure how it’s disrespectful to Schenn if you claim him. When the roster gets healthy (and Gunnarsson’s spot will stay open) he’s probably the 7th man. But worst case scenario he ends up back on waivers and assigned to the taxi squad. If another team claims him so he can play, that’s better for him.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Not sure how it’s disrespectful to Schenn if you claim him. When the roster gets healthy (and Gunnarsson’s spot will stay open) he’s probably the 7th man. But worst case scenario he ends up back on waivers and assigned to the taxi squad. If another team claims him so he can play, that’s better for him.
not to claim him...but to claim him knowing he will absolutely be waived again soon as guys return to health.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
I wonder if we're going to call up either Reinke or Santini now.

I guess we've still got Walman, but if Parayko doesn't come back fairly soon we will be pretty vulnerable back there. I'll admit I know nothing about Santini, not even his first name!

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
I guess we've still got Walman, but if Parayko doesn't come back fairly soon we will be pretty vulnerable back there. I'll admit I know nothing about Santini, not even his first name!

Steven Santini
Fairly good size at 6'2" 207lbs
Very physical, sometimes a little too much so.
Good speed but Average skater.
Very heavy shot, but struggles to get it off
Has some offensive instincts but will never be confused with a PMD
Defensive game is decent to good, but he's never taken the next step to become the Shut Down stay at home type he was projected to be.

Overall, he's very similar to a young Bortuzzo. And given that he's still only 25, he may still end up following a similar career path(Bortz didn't really become a regular until the last 2 or 3 years). He's perfectly viable as a #7 for most teams but you probably don't want him as a regular at this point(warrants mentions that he is #9 or #10 on our depth chart; if he's playing we have much bigger problems to deal with).

Reactions: Reality Czech

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Steven Santini
Defensive game is decent to good, but he's never taken the next step to become the Shut Down stay at home type he was projected to be.

Overall, he's very similar to a young Bortuzzo. And given that he's still only 25, he may still end up following a similar career path(Bortz didn't really become a regular until the last 2 or 3 years). He's perfectly viable as a #7 for most teams but you probably don't want him as a regular at this point(warrants mentions that he is #9 or #10 on our depth chart; if he's playing we have much bigger problems to deal with).
Thanks for the scouting report. Very much appreciated. Santini sounds like a serviceable fill in.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Steven Santini

Impressive scouting report! I see he played about 100 games with the Devils and has a lot of hits and blocks in limited playing time. Sounds like a decent backup option.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I would take a flyer on Luke Schenn. He's cheap and it is only for a season. Veteran RD depth would be a good thing.
I could see the Blues taking a look at Montour for some RHD help (especially if Parayko misses significant time). Could be a decent buy low option.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I could see the Blues taking a look at Montour for some RHD help (especially if Parayko misses significant time). Could be a decent buy low option.
He is an option. I don't like his $3m price tag, and Sabres fans are saying he is soft. I wouldn't rule him out, though.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
time to trade for rakell

Unless someone like Parayko is going to be on LTIR untill the end of the regular season, there is no cap for that (if Tarasenko is indeed going to return soon-ish). And to be honest, with the amount of healthy body's we have right now I'd be reluctant to offer any decent assets.

I'd guess I'd do Sanford for Rakell 1 for 1 if we can fit him under the cap.... But then we might have a capissue next season when we have to give some guys improved deals.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Honestly, I think the best bet right now is to float a PTO to Brian Boyle or Michael Grabner and see if they bite.
We really can't afford a big contract(Gunnar essentially gives us 1.75 mil in Cap space), and I'm not overly enamored with any of the guys that might be available as rentals.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
He is an option. I don't like his $3m price tag, and Sabres fans are saying he is soft. I wouldn't rule him out, though.
I'm sure we could get some of it retained if necessary, but looking at his contract it's actually closer to $4M (3.85). The upside is he'd be a UFA after the season, the price to acquire might not be too bad, and he's capable of eating 20+ minutes a night on the right side.

I was thinking Montour was more of a defense first/physical/stay at home guy, but I think I was confusing him with Josh Mason. Oh well, hopefully Parayko is back before too long and the whole discussion is moot.

Reactions: simon IC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad