Blues Trade Proposals 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Faulk and Barbie for Kapanen and Barrie?
Hard pass. If people here don’t like Faulk they’ll hate Barrie. He’s better offensively but atrocious in the d zone.

I can’t see us winning a trade with Toronto. Guys like Barbie are too valuable to our overall team game that any increase of skill we get from them will be offset by that.

And I really hope Pietrangelo, who might be playing the best hockey of his entire career right now, isn’t even being mentioned.

Ugh. Just not a good feeling about this at all. The assets we have are too valuable to give up but the expendable players on our team have no value. Feel like we are in a tough spot. Yes Tarasenko’s injury sucks but let’s not make a panic trade before we even see what someone like Kyrou has to offer.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Vince Dunn for Kasperi Kapanen is a deal that makes sense for both teams.

No interest in Faulk at all.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
0% chance Pietrangelo’s name has even been mentioned by Army unless it was to say “Don’t even f***ing ask about Pietrangelo”. Defending champs don’t trade their captain and best player when they’re leading the conference in November. He’ll either re-sign here or he’ll walk in free agency. There’s nothing he could realistically return in trade that would be more valuable than having him on the team for one more run at the Cup. If he walks after the playoff run then so be it, but I still really doubt that will happen. He’s been here his whole career, won a Cup here, is captain, and married a St. Louis girl and just started a young family. If he wants 10M pay him 10M and figure out the rest of your roster afterwards.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Hard pass. If people here don’t like Faulk they’ll hate Barrie. He’s better offensively but atrocious in the d zone.

I can’t see us winning a trade with Toronto. Guys like Barbie are too valuable to our overall team game that any increase of skill we get from them will be offset by that.

And I really hope Pietrangelo, who might be playing the best hockey of his entire career right now, isn’t even being mentioned.

Ugh. Just not a good feeling about this at all. The assets we have are too valuable to give up but the expendable players on our team have no value. Feel like we are in a tough spot. Yes Tarasenko’s injury sucks but let’s not make a panic trade before we even see what someone like Kyrou has to offer.
KK is the Leaf that I think makes most sense to acquire. Great speed, can play up or down lineup, a bit steep but largely reasonable contract. Would be huge upgrade over Barbie.

Don’t want to downgrade from Faulk to Barrie but thinking how to balance cap and what might fit with Leaf needs.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

I could deal with the downgrade to get out of that Faulk extension. I dont see why Faulk would agree to go to Toronto though. Theyll crucify him.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017

I hope Petro isn't being mentioned either. Don't see how we can trade him this year, and he will be nearly impossible to replace if he walks. Obviously Petro is our anchor on defense, but I almost feel like he has been our best offensive player this year as well. His shot has never looked better, it wasn't long ago it seemed like he could barely hit the net. And I don't remember him stickhandling in traffic so well and jumping into the play so often. He has taken his game to another level this year. Could be his best shot at a Norris so far.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
People are talking like we'd be stuck with Barrie. Remember, he is an impending UFA. Just because we trade for him, does not mean we have to extend him. (I would be livid if we did!) We could trade for him as a rental and either let him walk, or flip him at the deadline. I think it is a pipe dream, though. I agree with others that Faulk is probably not going to waive to go to Toronto.

Reactions: Blueston

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I agree that it would be better to keep Pietrangelo for the playoffs and take our chances on convincing him to stay, rather than to trade him this season.

Reactions: Blueston

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Justin Faulk does not work for the Leafs.

Honestly, no clue what the Leafs and Blues are thinking here. Maybe, its trading a higher salary player in Johnson and bringing in a Robert Thomas. Really not sure.

Leafs will have no interest in trading Nylander who has been a rumored Blues target in the past.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Justin Faulk does not work for the Leafs.

Honestly, no clue what the Leafs and Blues are thinking here. Maybe, its trading a higher salary player in Johnson and bringing in a Robert Thomas. Really not sure.

Leafs will have no interest in trading Nylander who has been a rumored Blues target in the past.
You know that's f***ing stupid, right? I hope it's a sly dig at the Faulk talk(were mostly joking about it being him).

If you're serious, I'm not sure anyone on your roster gets Thomas outside of guys you'd have zero interest in trading.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
You know that's ****ing stupid, right? I hope it's a sly dig at the Faulk talk(were mostly joking about it being him).

If you're serious, I'm not sure anyone on your roster gets Thomas outside of guys you'd have zero interest in trading.
There is literally no one. In a cap free environment the list would be Matthews, Marner and Tavares. Period. In a cap world, the other pieces you would have to move to fit any of those three under the cap would make the deal undesirable.

People like to shit on you for saying you wouldn’t trade Thomas for Matthews straight up, but if you look at the whole story such a deal is just too disruptive from a cap perspective. I mean, if we could dump Steen and Allen in the deal I guess it would make sense, but now it is ridiculous from the Leafs perspective.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
There is literally no one. In a cap free environment the list would be Matthews, Marner and Tavares. Period. In a cap world, the other pieces you would have to move to fit any of those three under the cap would make the deal undesirable.

People like to **** on you for saying you wouldn’t trade Thomas for Matthews straight up, but if you look at the whole story such a deal is just too disruptive from a cap perspective. I mean, if we could dump Steen and Allen in the deal I guess it would make sense, but now it is ridiculous from the Leafs perspective.
That's something I considered but didn't feel like using it in the post, because it's usually met with hostility. Matthews is a stud, but idk about an 11m+ stud. In our cap world, that's McDavid money. I'm still a believer in 1m per 10pts, give or take.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
That's something I considered but didn't feel like using it in the post, because it's usually met with hostility. Matthews is a stud, but idk about an 11m+ stud. In our cap world, that's McDavid money. I'm still a believer in 1m per 10pts, give or take.
I think he’s worth the money, or at least close to it, it’s just that a 1-for-1 move leaves you with a $10M cap issue you can only resolve by moving valuable players for futures or pay more to cut dead weight. In a vacuum a 1-for-1 swap is a no brainer, but you can’t live in a vacuum. No oxygen.

Reactions: Dbrownss

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Apparently Anaheim needs a RHD. I wonder if Faulk would like the west coast? Faulk for Silfverberg?

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
This smoke with Toronto has me perplexed. The fact that both Armstrong and Dave Taylor were in attendance at a game over the weekend leads me to believe whatever is being discussed is a much bigger deal than a Fabbri for De La Rose type of transaction. I just don't see the fit between the two teams.

I could see the cost certainty of a Justin Faulk being of interest to Toronto, knowing that it will likely cost considerably more dollars to retain Barrie. Blues could even retain 10-20% of the salary, which is a long term commitment on the Blues part that is manageable at that small of a percentage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad