Blues Trade Proposals 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Don’t want to give away the assets for a Hall rental. We can’t afford to sign Hall long term either. If we want to keep this team together,. There are several key players will start costing more. Blais, Sunny, Barbie, Binny, Dunn are all due raises soon. Would rather sign Petro and keep all these guys.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Not interested in Hall or the contract he wants while our Captain still doesn't have his new deal. Petro needs to be signed 1st.
Absolutely agree but trading for and signing Faulk just casts cloud over Petro. Intentionally or unintentionally.

Reactions: Ranksu

SIU LAW

Apr 29, 2006
If you assume for the sake of argument that the Blues do have interest in trading for Hall, I doubt they would have any expectations for him beyond a rental. Based on Army’s philosophy about “death by a thousand cuts” and the current salary structure of the Blues’ current top players, I don’t see the Blues paying Hall the mega contract he will be seeking. Is Hall the type of player you want to be making substantially more than your other established top forwards and leaders?

While I suspect the Blues will be outbid for Hall’s rental services, if Berube believes Hall could fit, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Army push his chips in and make an attempt. He has shown a willingness in the past to go all in if he thinks the team has a chance at the Cup and the Blues are certainly in contention right now. Interestingly, the Oilers and Avs are two teams looking to challenge the Blues in the West and also allegedly in the hunt for Hall.

Last edited:

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
How do you guys feel about Hall?

We'd be looking af Kyrou+ if I had to guess.

We already have to protect him in the expansion draft, so adding Hall doesn't affect that persay. As much as I love Hall, it's very unlikely Kyrou will be close to that level of an impact player.

I'd like to see something like Kyrou+1st+Allen for Hall(retention)+Blackwood or Domingue(sp).

We finish the season with a top 6 of Schwartz, Schenn, Tarasenko, Hall, O'rielly, and Perron. That's going to pack one hell of a punch. Moving forward would be interesting depending on Halls extension, but we have guys like Bozak and Steen to move on from if need be.

Army has shown he's about this core and giving it as much ammunition as possible.

The Devils need a goalie. I would try to add Steen and Allen to any deal with the view Hall is coming with a contract. I know Steen wouldn’t relish a trade but there’s been worse contracts moved with a NTC. It would increase the ask from the Devils but the Blues are all in at this point.

SIU LAW

Apr 29, 2006
Random Hall trade thoughts:
  • What if New Jersey insists on Husso as part of a package?
  • What if New Jersey is willing to retain salary on Hall? What is that worth?

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
The Devils need a goalie. I would try to add Steen and Allen to any deal with the view Hall is coming with a contract. I know Steen wouldn’t relish a trade but there’s been worse contracts moved with a NTC. It would increase the ask from the Devils but the Blues are all in at this point.
I've ran a couple set ups on Cap Friendly. Not sure how to make it all work. We'd have to move Steen, Bozak, Allen and most likely move on from Schwartz(via trade next season). Not sure of the appetite for all of that.

Reactions: Blueston

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I understand what you're saying, but we've seen how things can evaporate quickly, team wise. I do think it does keep Armstrong from making a knee jerk trade, but if can get a guy like Hall? Idk if he'd stand pat.

I'm not trying to say this is a move that absolutely has to be made either. Last year he just let the team roll.
I would think other teams could outbid St Louis. The one advantage is that we can offer a deal that doesn’t send cap back, if they prefer pure futures. I’d like to see if Kyrou can make the transition this season first.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I would think other teams could outbid St Louis. The one advantage is that we can offer a deal that doesn’t send cap back, if they prefer pure futures. I’d like to see if Kyrou can make the transition this season first.
Not likely as teams rarely offer up blue chip prospects. While I love me some Kyrou, chances are years 1-4 of Hall will surpass Kyrou in any stretch. Those Hall years would greatly increase the Cup run.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Absolutely agree but trading for and signing Faulk just casts cloud over Petro. Intentionally or unintentionally.

Yeah I know and I'm not real happy about it. We won our 1st Cup, I wanted my Cup Champs defense season to be free of bs.

Instead I got a, "hey guys, Peter Chiarelli has been hired as a consultant...", an 8 year extension to a forward and a trade/sign for a RD not named Pietrangelo. Meanwhile our Captain and best player sits without an extension. I know it's Newport and this is a slow dance so I get it but it's tough to witness as a fan for me.

I had to watch Pronger get traded due to a perfect storm of crap. I had better not be having to watch Pietrangelo move to another team. I'm not sure I can handle a Petro-less existence especially since we're paying lesser players that I would fire into the sun in a heartbeat just to keep him.

Reactions: Ranksu and Dbrownss

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
I've ran a couple set ups on Cap Friendly. Not sure how to make it all work. We'd have to move Steen, Bozak, Allen and most likely move on from Schwartz(via trade next season). Not sure of the appetite for all of that.

With those 3 gone it’s possible (Allen, Steen, and Bozak). We don’t know what the cap will be. If it’s around 84 million Hall and Pietrangelo are possible

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL

Schwartz($6.5M @ extension rate) Schenn ($6.5M) Tarasenko ($7.5M) = $20.5M
Hall ($8.5) ROR ($7.5M) Perron ($4M) = $20M
Blais ($1M) - Thomas ($1M) - Sunny - ($2.8M) = $4.8M
Barby ($1.5)-MacMac ($0.75M) -DLR ($.9) = ($3.1M)
extra F ($.7M)
Total F: $49.1

Petro ($9.5) - Dunn ($2.2) = $11.7
Parayko ($5.5M) - Bouw ($2.0M) = $7.5M
Faulk ($6.5M) - Gunnar ($1.8M) = $8.3M
Bort ($1.4)
Total D: $28.9M

Binny ($4.4) - Backup ($.8M)
Total G: $5.2

Roster Total: $83.2M

Out: Steen, Sanford, Bozak, Allen, presumably draft picks and prospects...but this team is under the cap for next season, and hoping for a big raise in cap after a 3-peat.

Reactions: Ranksu and Spektre

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Schwartz($6.5M @ extension rate) Schenn ($6.5M) Tarasenko ($7.5M) = $20.5M
Hall ($8.5) ROR ($7.5M) Perron ($4M) = $20M
Blais ($1M) - Thomas ($1M) - Sunny - ($2.8M) = $4.8M
Barby ($1.5)-MacMac ($0.75M) -DLR ($.9) = ($3.1M)
extra F ($.7M)
Total F: $49.1

Petro ($9.5) - Dunn ($2.2) = $11.7
Parayko ($5.5M) - Bouw ($2.0M) = $7.5M
Faulk ($6.5M) - Gunnar ($1.8M) = $8.3M
Bort ($1.4)
Total D: $28.9M

Binny ($4.4) - Backup ($.8M)
Total G: $5.2

Roster Total: $83.2M

Out: Steen, Sanford, Bozak, Allen, presumably draft picks and prospects...but this team is under the cap for next season, and hoping for a big raise in cap after a 3-peat.
I personally would move Schwartz, but man is that Faulk contract a big ol f*** you....

Honestly....if Army thinks Petro is leaving then he better go Hall hunting, because the defense isnt going to be close to as good and with committing to Schenn and Faulk, a rebuild isnt as likely. Odd spot we're in

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Not likely as teams rarely offer up blue chip prospects. While I love me some Kyrou, chances are years 1-4 of Hall will surpass Kyrou in any stretch. Those Hall years would greatly increase the Cup run.
I’m talking about a rental trade. I see no way to re-sign him.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I am not buying the "Hall gives us a chance at the Cup" narrative. Not for a 1st. When has Hall carried a team on his back to a championship? In fact, when has Hall led a team through a playoff round? As many others have stated, a lot of things have to go right to win a Cup. I believe we have just as much a chance of winning with what we have. I would not give up a 1st for a rental, even if it's Taylor Hall.

Zizzle

Oct 29, 2019
We dont need Hall!! However Allen to the Devils might make since to help clear cap space to resign Petro. Plus last time I checked they need a goalie. Aside from his first 2 games Allen has been good this year so that helps his trade value. With that said doesnt hurt one bit to have 2 goalies going well.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
it's really not to my liking how everyone wants to dump Bozak. He's not flashy but man that DEEP center depth did wonders for us in the playoffs.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I am not buying the "Hall gives us a chance at the Cup" narrative. Not for a 1st. When has Hall carried a team on his back to a championship? In fact, when has Hall led a team through a playoff round? As many others have stated, a lot of things have to go right to win a Cup. I believe we have just as much a chance of winning with what we have. I would not give up a 1st for a rental, even if it's Taylor Hall.
When did Orielly prior to last year?

Adding Hall doesn't guarantee it but you're going to have to explain in detail how adding a PPG player doesn't help.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rexx and Blueston
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad