Blues Trade Proposals 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I just don’t have a lot of comfort level with any of the assets St Louis could offer in trade. Teams will want Kyrou or Kostin. They’ll want a 1st.
I don’t think we need to deal for anyone at this point. We are playing well enough that we can continue to explore internal options first. If Bozak continues to show he can play RW on Sasky line and Sanford keeps his intensity up then only real question mark is winger on ROR line. We can survive with some combination of Barby or kids there for next couple weeks. Then if those guys not getting it done Steen should be back. Blais is expected back well before trade deadline too. Even without Tank feels like we should be able to fight through. And as you say, to get upgrade over that would likely cost more than we want to pay.

Reactions: Stealth JD

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
According to Rogers Sportsnet's Chris Johnston, the St. Louis Blues are keeping tabs on the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Johnston also reported that St. Louis Blues GM Doug Armstrong and some execs/scouts have been at the last few Toronto Maple Leafs games.

Blues-keeping-eyes-on-Leafs.png

Honeycutt

Jan 18, 2010
Kapanen would be my preference. We know the leafs need a top4 rhd, and Faulk despite not playing well at the moment does have a successful track record and with an extension signed provides cost certainty.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
It's always intriguing when the general manager watches another team play a game. Especially when the other team is in transition because of a disappointing season.

All teams do scouting of upcoming opponents, but I doubt they use the GM to do it.

STL BLUES

Youth Movement
Oct 22, 2013
Up-Nort
My guess is that Army already knows Petro is not resigning as a Blue Note. Army has to be shopping Petro. At some point Army gets what he feels is the maximum value for Petro.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
My guess is that Army already knows Petro is not resigning as a Blue Note. Army has to be shopping Petro. At some point Army gets what he feels is the maximum value for Petro.

As defending cup champions, who are first in the conference, I highly doubt we will be trading our Captain. Petro is our 1D, and he is 3rd in goals and 4th in points on the team He will either re-sign in St. Louis, or we will get a late round pick for his rights AFTER the playoffs. Unless we totally tank in the next few months, I do not see Armstrong trading Pietrangelo before or at the trade deadline.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
As defending cup champions, who are first in the conference, I highly doubt we will be trading our Captain. Petro is our 1D, and he is 3rd in goals and 4th in points on the team He will either re-sign in St. Louis, or we will get a late round pick for his rights AFTER the playoffs. Unless we totally tank in the next few months, I do not see Armstrong trading Pietrangelo before or at the trade deadline.
Yeah. I agree with this. Unless the Blues just get decimated by injuries between now and the TDL, you’ve got to give this roster a shot to repeat and worry about Petro in the off-season.

Honeycutt

Jan 18, 2010
Would Faulk waive for Toronto? American guy would presumably get taxed more and be regularly subjected to minimally-invasive media hyper-analyzing every mistake? Who wouldn’t jump at that opportunity and leave the defending champs in the process? Lol

Faulk has no trade protection this year. It starts with his new contract next year.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Faulk has no trade protection this year. It starts with his new contract next year.

Wrong. In signing the extension, we agreed to start his NTC immediately. It is perfectly allowed to retro-actively add NTC to the old contract as a condition of signing the new one. The reason is so teams don't do exactly what people are discussing; ie, re-sign someone long term and then ship them to a destination they don't want before the contract kicks in.

Check out Cap Friendy's Faulk page. "CONTRACT NOTE: Faulk signed a 7 year contract extension on September 24, 2019 which also included a Full No Trade Clause be added to the final year of his current deal."

Reactions: MissouriMook

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
We likely wouldn’t have interest in Faulk’s large extension.

We could have a bit of a logjam at forward coming up, especially with Mikheyev looking good, Engvall coming up and looking good, Kerfoot moving to the wing and Spezza looking good as our 3C and Marner coming back eventually.

So I could see a deal with Andreas Johnsson moving out. I don’t see Kapanen happening as he’s one of our main PK guys, and also plays 2PP, but you never know?

As for the return.... I mean, AJ gets you no where close to Piet, even as a rental, Parayko is a non starter and Leafs left side is pretty full. Allen doesn’t work because he has another year on his deal.

A Pietrangelo rental for a forward or two is the only thing that makes sense to me for the Leafs but it doesn’t make sense on the Blues side (unless you guys are open to trading Piet?)

Reactions: Julio Jones
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad