Blues Trade Proposals 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Um, I guess not. Don't mind me. I'll be at my drawing board :DD.
The dislike for Faulk’s extension is getting magnified beyond reason. But Armstrong made his decision and we’ll have to see what the plan is. I’d at least like to see how Faulk looks after he’s acclimated. Right now, he looks like he’s a little hesitant and down on confidence. But he makes some good defensive reads and some nice passes. The talent shows up at times.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
The dislike for Faulk’s extension is getting magnified beyond reason. But Armstrong made his decision and we’ll have to see what the plan is. I’d at least like to see how Faulk looks after he’s acclimated. Right now, he looks like he’s a little hesitant and down on confidence. But he makes some good defensive reads and some nice passes. The talent shows up at times.
He's a sub 40pt OFD.... I'm not sure anyone is going to be happy with 6.5m for the next 7yrs.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I get it. But Armstrong seems to think differently. He’s not going to turn around and trade him for a cap dump 2 months later.
Army isnt infallible. Though I do agree it's somewhat useless to talk about it, because chances are....we're stuck with him.

Its possible Faulk takes off, I'm not banking on it, but its possible. Still though, if he returns to form....I'm not sure he's worth that contract. People are still dealing with how little sence it makes.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Yeah I'm still pro-Faulk. Would like it a lot more if he was left handed. He's made some mistakes, but he's also made some plays where the talent is evident. We'll see how it goes. Seems unlikely a guy just falls off a cliff at 27 without major injury issues. He hasn't been great, but I still like the move. He'll get going.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I've been pleasantly surprised by Faulk's defensive play. He will make a glaring error every now and then, but by and large he has been very solid defensively IMO. His offense has been almost non-existent tho.

It's an odd situation - almost the exact opposite of what I was expecting. :dunno:

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Apparently leading the division after winning the Cup still isn't enough to stop the Parayko/Petro to Toronto for a pile of expendable parts proposals...

Honeycutt

Jan 18, 2010
I really wonder if Allen is being showcased right now.. there is really no reason to have him play tonight, big divisional game, binny last played Wednesday, some teams needing a nhl caliber goalie for 1a/1b set up.. it makes me wonder at least.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I really wonder if Allen is being showcased right now.. there is really no reason to have him play tonight, big divisional game, binny last played Wednesday, some teams needing a nhl caliber goalie for 1a/1b set up.. it makes me wonder at least.
Doubt it. They don’t want to play Binny back to back and are trying to avoid playing a Allen at home.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Honeycutt

Jan 18, 2010
Doubt it. They don’t want to play Binny back to back and are trying to avoid playing a Allen at home.

I don't know, winning a big divisional game on the road is much more important for the team. This is a 4pt game.

Honeycutt

Jan 18, 2010
Allen generally pretty good on road and awful at home. Not ideal but is what it is.

Well aware. But a Crosby less pens team on the second night of a back to back.. the stars game is much more important in the gran scheme of things. Not saying it's happening, just an observation.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Well aware. But a Crosby less pens team on the second night of a back to back.. the stars game is much more important in the gran scheme of things. Not saying it's happening, just an observation.
I think you’re overthinking this one. I don’t think there is any more urgency to trade Allen than there was in the off-season, and even less now that the cap situation got so flexible due to injuries. If he were traded, who is the back-up?

They’ll look to move him in the offseason.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Would there be any Blues interest in Hall? And what would they be willing to trade for him?

Seems like he'd be a perfect fit on the Blues style-wise.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
The Faulk trade was weird, but if you look at his metrics and points, the trade seemed well worth it. He was an insane possession player with basically a guaranteed 40 points from the backend, and he played good defense for what he was. Edmundson played pretty stellar defense when he was on, otherwise he would make bonehead plays result in goals against at the worst times. Comparing the two now, Edmundson is playing about the same possession wise, but his ppg looks to be right around 30, adjusted for 82 games, but Faulk looks awful in the point totals and is bad possession wise. I don't know if this is because of the sheltering he was getting in Carolina, but the points don't make sense either. I'll chalk it up to the system, and once he figures that out, I think he will be just fine here in STL.

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
The Faulk trade was weird, but if you look at his metrics and points, the trade seemed well worth it. He was an insane possession player with basically a guaranteed 40 points from the backend, and he played good defense for what he was. Edmundson played pretty stellar defense when he was on, otherwise he would make bonehead plays result in goals against at the worst times. Comparing the two now, Edmundson is playing about the same possession wise, but his ppg looks to be right around 30, adjusted for 82 games, but Faulk looks awful in the point totals and is bad possession wise. I don't know if this is because of the sheltering he was getting in Carolina, but the points don't make sense either. I'll chalk it up to the system, and once he figures that out, I think he will be just fine here in STL.
I'm a Faulk supporter, but he needs to start producing in one way or another. I can only hope his first goal will open up his play some.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
I'm a Faulk supporter, but he needs to start producing in one way or another. I can only hope his first goal will open up his play some.
That's what I'm hoping too. He's not Parayko or even Bouw-good on defense, but he can handle himself, and he seems to be a pretty strong guy so he can get guys off the puck easier than most. With how little he is contributing to offense, it's showing his mistakes on defense even more, symptomatic of most offensive d-men when they aren't producing.

Reactions: LetsGoBooze

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Even though Faulk is not performing like a top 4 defenseman, people seem to be convinced that he actually is one. My issue is not with Faulk's ability, but rather that, I have yet to hear a satisfactory explanation as to why we need 3 top 4 defensemen on the right side.

Last edited:

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I think you’re overthinking this one. I don’t think there is any more urgency to trade Allen than there was in the off-season, and even less now that the cap situation got so flexible due to injuries. If he were traded, who is the back-up?

They’ll look to move him in the offseason.
I agree that there isn't any urgency, or that we're showcasing him. However, if Armstrong gets a call from a GM that is offering a forward or goalie in the final year of their deal for Allen? We should absolutely take that. We have to take any opportunity we can to move him when it isn't going to cost assets. He's too unpredictable to trust that he'll be a .910 goalie that we won't have a problem moving in the summer, when we will need that cap space.

Reactions: MissouriMook

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
If we got Carolina Faulk, I still don't see that being worth 6.5m. What I've noticed is he's strong, he's thick like Tarasenko and his breakouts are good. He's not a liability, but far from worth that new contract

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Even though Faulk is not performing like a top 4 defenseman, people seem to be convinced that he actually is one. My issue is not with Faulk's ability, but rather that, I have yet to hear a satisfactory explanation as to why we need 3 top 4 defensemen on the right side.
I think he will end up getting good deal of ice time paired with Petro. With JayBo thought to be on decline (until he miraculously seemingly lost 10 years this season) and them not feeling confident in Dunn this was perceived as cheap way to add another top 4 guy to D. Feels like we are paying him too much $ but the trade cost was quite reasonable so I still think this is going to be additive move.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I think he will end up getting good deal of ice time paired with Petro. With JayBo thought to be on decline (until he miraculously seemingly lost 10 years this season) and them not feeling confident in Dunn this was perceived as cheap way to add another top 4 guy to D. Feels like we are paying him too much $ but the trade cost was quite reasonable so I still think this is going to be additive move.
Petro/Faulk was not very good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad