Blues Trade Proposals 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Neither has played much on left side. Takes time to get comfortable.
That's assuming they will get comfortable though. Round peg/square hole stuff.

Also if it's making Pietrangelo less effective, it may end up not being a net gain.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
How do you guys feel about Hall?

We'd be looking af Kyrou+ if I had to guess.

We already have to protect him in the expansion draft, so adding Hall doesn't affect that persay. As much as I love Hall, it's very unlikely Kyrou will be close to that level of an impact player.

I'd like to see something like Kyrou+1st+Allen for Hall(retention)+Blackwood or Domingue(sp).

We finish the season with a top 6 of Schwartz, Schenn, Tarasenko, Hall, O'rielly, and Perron. That's going to pack one hell of a punch. Moving forward would be interesting depending on Halls extension, but we have guys like Bozak and Steen to move on from if need be.

Army has shown he's about this core and giving it as much ammunition as possible.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

We already have to protect him in the expansion draft, so adding Hall doesn't affect that persay. As much as I love Hall, it's very unlikely Kyrou will be close to that level of an impact player.

I'd like to see something like Kyrou+1st+Allen for Hall(retention)+Blackwood or Domingue(sp).

We finish the season with a top 6 of Schwartz, Schenn, Tarasenko, Hall, O'rielly, and Perron. That's going to pack one hell of a punch. Moving forward would be interesting depending on Halls extension, but we have guys like Bozak and Steen to move on from if need be.

Army has shown he's about this core and giving it as much ammunition as possible.
Unless we have cooled significantly on Kyrou that feels like too much.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
If Hall comes with an extension, then it will cost significant assets and cap space. Are you then conceding Petro’s departure?

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
If Hall comes with an extension, then it will cost significant assets and cap space. Are you then conceding Petro’s departure?

I would rather keep Pietrangelo than have Hall if it came down to a choice.

Depending on $ that would be more reasonable trade. But does that mean you let Petro walk?

I'd blame Armstrong for Faulk if that's ultimate case. Though I'd be open to moving Schwartz to facilitate Pietrangelo. I dont have my calculator out to provide the blueprint but let's forgo that and just say Kyrou+ out and Hall in for simplicity sake

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I'd blame Armstrong for Faulk if that's ultimate case. Though I'd be open to moving Schwartz to facilitate Pietrangelo. I dont have my calculator out to provide the blueprint but let's forgo that and just say Kyrou+ out and Hall in for simplicity sake
I’d be hesitant to give huge contract to Hall. He is injury prone player who has relied on speed to drive offense. How well will that age? He has already become less physically engaged. And his Hart year seems like fluke where he had shooting % much better than career average. I’d rather pay rental price for him and let someone else regret that contract. But to be clear, he would be great rental.

Last edited:

Honeycutt

Jan 18, 2010
If tarasenko wont be back until the playoffs I would get hall, with no expectation to sign him. Future assets dont matter as you may not know when you will have the chance to be a back to back champion, and you gotta go for it when the opportunity presents itself.
Any player or prospect who was not part of last year's team would be available, with the exception of Allen of for some reason if they wanted him I would move him, and picks.

Back to back needs to be the objective this year, 2022 be damned. I'll still be a fan if we suck in the future.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I’d be hesitant to give huge contract to Hall. He is injury prone player who has relied on speed to drive offense. How well will that age? He has already become less physically engaged. And his Hart year seems like fluke where he had shooting % much better than career average. I’d rather pay rental price for him and let someone else regret that contract. But to be clear, he would be great rental.
I do agree about the injuries giving pause.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
If we got Carolina Faulk, I still don't see that being worth 6.5m. What I've noticed is he's strong, he's thick like Tarasenko and his breakouts are good. He's not a liability, but far from worth that new contract
To be fair, a lot of the guys getting paid like this aren't worth the contract. Is it a bit too much? Yea sure, but assuming we were getting the point totals he had in Carolina, it would've been about market value.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
To be fair, a lot of the guys getting paid like this aren't worth the contract. Is it a bit too much? Yea sure, but assuming we were getting the point totals he had in Carolina, it would've been about market value.
Maybe, but I wasn't crazy about signing a guy for market value that we just gave up assets for, that never played a game for us. I mean, it makes sense if Petro walks. Still though.....outside of that, it doesnt make that much sense.

Reactions: ezcreepin

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Maybe, but I wasn't crazy about signing a guy for market value that we just gave up assets for, that never played a game for us. I mean, it makes sense if Petro walks. Still though.....outside of that, it doesnt make that much sense.

I will say, in defense of the trade, the big thing we gave up was cap space. Edmundson was adequate, but we don’t lose much by sending him to Carolina. Bokk has been well-regarded in the past, but he’s been awful this year and large parts of last year, and he certainly isn’t on the fast track to being a legit NHL player any time soon. And we didn’t give up any draft picks, which is huge and a little unusual for Armstrong. I don’t love the trade, and I think it likely puts us in some difficult positions in the future, but it could have been much worse. Not a very strong defense of the trade, I admit. But it’s a silver lining there.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I will say, in defense of the trade, the big thing we gave up was cap space. Edmundson was adequate, but we don’t lose much by sending him to Carolina. Bokk has been well-regarded in the past, but he’s been awful this year and large parts of last year, and he certainly isn’t on the fast track to being a legit NHL player any time soon. And we didn’t give up any draft picks, which is huge and a little unusual for Armstrong. I don’t love the trade, and I think it likely puts us in some difficult positions in the future, but it could have been much worse. Not a very strong defense of the trade, I admit. But it’s a silver lining there.
While I see your point, those were assets given up that could have been used as currency....in a Hall deal lol.

I've only seen a few things about Eddy, but from what I've seen..Carolina is pretty happy with him

Stelmacki

May 2, 2017
Apparently leading the division after winning the Cup still isn't enough to stop the Parayko/Petro to Toronto for a pile of expendable parts proposals...

Well, just look at their board. They are already planning on Pietrangelo or Parayko playing for them next year.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017

I don't see any reason to mess with the chemistry of this team right now, and I personally am not interested in paying the price that Hall would cost. Not only because our prospect pool is so thin, but I am not sure Hall is the type of player who ups his game in the playoffs. I've always thought any Hall-to-STL scenario was more of a pipe dream than anything else. I can't see Army making such a huge move with the way this team is playing right now. I think he has faith in the current group, and by going out and getting someone like Hall would be an admission he doesn't think they can get the job done.

It just doesn't seem like an Army move to make such a huge splash mid-season, especially with how well they are responding to the injuries. I think it's much more likely they add a middle-six guy like Toffoli, and they may not even do that.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I don't see any reason to mess with the chemistry of this team right now, and I personally am not interested in paying the price that Hall would cost. Not only because our prospect pool is so thin, but I am not sure Hall is the type of player who ups his game in the playoffs. I've always thought any Hall-to-STL scenario was more of a pipe dream than anything else. I can't see Army making such a huge move with the way this team is playing right now. I think he has faith in the current group, and by going out and getting someone like Hall would be an admission he doesn't think they can get the job done.

It just doesn't seem like an Army move to make such a huge splash mid-season, especially with how well they are responding to the injuries. I think it's much more likely they add a middle-six guy like Toffoli, and they may not even do that.
I understand what you're saying, but we've seen how things can evaporate quickly, team wise. I do think it does keep Armstrong from making a knee jerk trade, but if can get a guy like Hall? Idk if he'd stand pat.

I'm not trying to say this is a move that absolutely has to be made either. Last year he just let the team roll.

Last edited:

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Hall as a rental, with conditions like Zuccarello-to-Dallas’? Sure. Don’t see how the contracts work long-term though without some major reshuffling or Petro walking. Though, with the depth the Blues have, they may be able to trade any guy at the bottom of the roster making over $1.5M and replace him with an AHL’er.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad