Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Oh my:

#stlblues acquire defenseman Justin Faulk and a 2020 fifth round pick from the Carolina Hurricanes for defenseman Joel Edmundson, Dominik Bokk and a 2021 seventh round pick. Faulk signs a seven-year, $45.5 million extension with Blues.

Reactions: JoshFromMO

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
So replace Shattenkirk with Faulk and we’re back in the same situation.

This really makes me wonder what our plan is with Petro.

Would make no sense to let your captain go after winning the Cup but something doesn’t add up here.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Maybe Parayko, Faulk as the 1, 2 in the future?? Maybe they can't resign Pietrangelo and already know it... who knows but pretty crazy

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Too much Pietro paranoia. I don't see the moves as related. Why are people not paranoid about Parayko instead?
Because his contract isn’t up in a year, otherwise they would be.

You’re right, either player could be gone in a year. Who the heck knows.

But Pietrangelo can walk away if he wants. Parayko can’t leave here next summer.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Too much Pietro paranoia. I don't see the moves as related. Why are people not paranoid about Parayko instead?
This does provide insurance against Petro but while Faulk is fine player he ain't in the league of either Petro or Parayko. The one who I think is on the hot seat now is Bortuzzo. As tight as we are to the cap and with him clearly 4th on right side and 7th D at this point, dealing him to give us some flexibility down the road could make sense. Otherwise we are only about $200k below cap if we carry full roster.

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
Parayko and Bozak for Draisaitl, with the intentions of retaining both Pie and Schenn as well.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Would you trade Kyrou for a potentially equal young cost controlled player at LHD??

I’m trying to figure out where he’s going to fit on this roster even a year from now.

He’s projected to play his natural RW position. Entering the 2020-21 season the Blues will have 10 players in Tarasenko, Perron, Thomas, Schwartz, Blais, Fabbri, Barbashev, Sanford, Steen, & Sanford vying for 8 positions not including Kyrou..

If Schenn is gone and Thomas moves to C it’s still 9 wingers. They will also have Kostin and possibly Poganski, MacMac, & Toropchenko challenging for a spot.

I like Kyrou a lot but it’s just crazy depth which is what the organization is lacking at LHD.

If they traded for a young LHD it would give them Dunn + the new person long term to fill out the top 2 pairings.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
A LHD would be nice but we might want to look at finding a natural LW. After Schwartz, we’re looking at a combination of Fabbri/Sanford/Blais/Barbashev.

Maybe one of those work out but I wouldn’t mind someone a little more....certain in that 2LW spot

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Would you trade Kyrou for a potentially equal young cost controlled player at LHD??

I’m trying to figure out where he’s going to fit on this roster even a year from now.

He’s projected to play his natural RW position. Entering the 2020-21 season the Blues will have 10 players in Tarasenko, Perron, Thomas, Schwartz, Blais, Fabbri, Barbashev, Sanford, Steen, & Sanford vying for 8 positions not including Kyrou..

If Schenn is gone and Thomas moves to C it’s still 9 wingers. They will also have Kostin and possibly Poganski, MacMac, & Toropchenko challenging for a spot.

I like Kyrou a lot but it’s just crazy depth which is what the organization is lacking at LHD.

If they traded for a young LHD it would give them Dunn + the new person long term to fill out the top 2 pairings.
After today’s trade not sure we wanna deal Kyrou too. And whomever you acquire needs to be protected in expansion draft. So I would like to add good young LHD, but think maybe that is more likely with our top pick in next draft.

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
Is Army going to address the trade? Maybe a bigger trade coming?
I don't really like this move as it stands right now and even less if it's a full NTC. Like someone else said our biggest need is another left winger.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN

Perron is getting old enough to start declining in a couple years. I won’t be surprised if Kyrou can displace him at that point. But that’s not counting him more easily passing Sanford, Steen, Blais and Barbashev. Since he’s not going to play a 4th line role, you could argue that it only matters for him to pass Sanford and maybe Blais.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad