Blues Trade Proposals 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I really do not like the idea of trading Bortuzzo. I think we need the edge he brings. As kimzey59 stated, the return he would bring would likely be negligible, and in that light he is more valuable for what he brings to the team than anything we could get for him in a trade. He is also on a good contract, (less than 14,000 for two more years), and looking at our prospect pool, he certainly isn't 'blocking" anyone.

Reactions: ScratchCatFever

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Is anybody else a little worried that with our added depth on RHD and Petro's pending UFA status that the trade boards are going to be an absolute shit show this year.

Can't wait for all the our 3rd liner + 2nd round pick for Petro threads. You know because he's just a rental.

Reactions: Nathaniel Lauharn

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Is anybody else a little worried that with our added depth on RHD and Petro's pending UFA status that the trade boards are going to be an absolute **** show this year.

Can't wait for all the our 3rd liner + 2nd round pick for Petro threads. You know because he's just a rental.

It's probably not going to be any different from the Nylander+Liljegren for Parayko+Thomas trash that showed up on a daily basis before the Blues turned it around. It's a **** show every year, we were just lucky enough to quiet the **** aimed in the Blues' direction with several consecutive great months.

Reactions: cardinalnation

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Is anybody else a little worried that with our added depth on RHD and Petro's pending UFA status that the trade boards are going to be an absolute **** show this year.

Good news is though unless we really suck i can almost assure you we aren't moving any of the 3. And i don't see why this team would really suck.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Ok, this is just for fun. I've been trying to figure out a trade that made sense for the Blues ***if*** they decided to move a RD.

To Tampa:

Parayko
Fabbri
Sanford

To Blues:

Sergachev
Johnson
Rutta (for salary to work and it's his last year under contract)
Cal Foote
Vancouver's 1st rd pick

Johnson ROR Perron
Schwartz Schenn Tarasenko
Blais Bozak Thomas
Barbashev Sundqvist Steen

Sergachev Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester Faulk
Dunn (Bortuzzo / Rutta)

This gives more natural balance to the D with Dunn & Sergachev as the top 4 going forward. It also solidifies the top 6 LW more-so than the unknowns of Fabbri and Blais currently. It gives Tampa the #1 RD they need with 3 years left on a great contract. This is why the ask/return is a lot. The Blues would still need to rid themselves of Steen & Allen before the start of the 2020-21 season to resign Pietrangelo and Schenn.

Option 2.

To Edmonton:

Parayko
Kyrou
Blais
Sanford
2020 1st

To Blues:

Draisaitl

Draisaitl ROR Perron
Fabbri Bozak Thomas
Barbashev Sundqvist (Poganski / MacEachern / Kostin)

Dunn Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester Faulk
Gunnarsson Bortuzzo
Mikkola

Steen has to be immediately bought out for this to work with the cap.

In a vacuum Parayko and Draisaitl are probably closer to being even in value than what's listed but the length of Draisaitl's contract nets the sizeable return. Again, this allows for the normal balance on D. The Blues get a legitimate LW superstar signed long term with the potential of moving to center. The Blues still have good depth at the forward positions. This depth is what Edmonton is currently lacking in spades along with a #1 RD.

Again, this is just for kicks and the cap works all the way around provided Edmonton sends a bunch of its current fluff down to the minors.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Sorry @Spektre but I've to call your boss. Too much spare time at work.

I'm not GM genious, but I assume you should look players who are rumoured to be wanting out and value is lower.

For example Rasmus Ristolainen. Or ROR trade.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Ok, this is just for fun. I've been trying to figure out a trade that made sense for the Blues ***if*** they decided to move a RD.

To Tampa:

Parayko
Fabbri
Sanford

To Blues:

Sergachev
Johnson
Cal Foote
Vancouver's 1st rd pick

Johnson ROR Perron
Blais Bozak Thomas

Sergachev Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester Faulk
Dunn (Bortuzzo / Rutta)

This gives more natural balance to the D with Dunn & Sergachev as the top 4 going forward. It also solidifies the top 6 LW more-so than the unknowns of Fabbri and Blais currently. It gives Tampa the #1 RD they need with 3 years left on a great contract. This is why the ask/return is a lot. The Blues would still need to rid themselves of Steen & Allen before the start of the 2020-21 season to resign Pietrangelo and Schenn.

Option 2.

To Edmonton:

Parayko
Kyrou
Blais
Sanford
2020 1st

To Blues:

Draisaitl

Draisaitl ROR Perron
Fabbri Bozak Thomas

Dunn Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester Faulk
Gunnarsson Bortuzzo
Mikkola

In a vacuum Parayko and Draisaitl are probably closer to being even in value than what's listed but the length of Draisaitl's contract nets the sizeable return. Again, this allows for the normal balance on D. The Blues get a legitimate LW superstar signed long term with the potential of moving to center. The Blues still have good depth at the forward positions. This depth is what Edmonton is currently lacking in spades along with a #1 RD.

Again, this is just for kicks and the cap works all the way around provided Edmonton sends a bunch of its current fluff down to the minors.

That Dri trade is terrible. Yes he had a monster year, playing with the best player in hockey.

Tampa is ok, but really no reason to make moves at this point. Grass isn’t always greener.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
I had a guy ask me why we didnt try to trade for McDavid ..... I honestly could not think of a reason we would not at least try to get him lol Sometimes I just have to hold it in and give the guy props for trying to talk hockey :)

So I offer all of our available draft picks the next 3 years :)

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012

To Tampa:

Parayko
Fabbri
Sanford

To Blues:

Sergachev
Johnson
Cal Foote
Vancouver's 1st rd pick

Johnson ROR Perron
Blais Bozak Thomas

Sergachev Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester Faulk
Dunn (Bortuzzo / Rutta)

Option 2.

To Edmonton:

Parayko
Kyrou
Blais
Sanford
2020 1st

To Blues:

Draisaitl

Draisaitl ROR Perron
Fabbri Bozak Thomas

Dunn Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester Faulk
Gunnarsson Bortuzzo
Mikkola

Dri is good but Lol that has to be the most ridiculous one sided trade idea I have ever seen seen here. Wow just WOW! You must have some really good smoke.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Some interesting bits in Friedman's 31 thoughts. He's confirming that we are trying to extend both Pietrangelo and Schenn, so that should take care of everyone worrying about us deciding to move on from either already.

The interesting one was in regards to Jesse Puljujarvi and he listed some players the Oilers were tied to in the summer, and Klim Kostin was one of them. Who knows which side initiated that talk, I didn't really keep up with trade rumors this summer, so maybe this was known.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Some interesting bits in Friedman's 31 thoughts. He's confirming that we are trying to extend both Pietrangelo and Schenn, so that should take care of everyone worrying about us deciding to move on from either already.

The interesting one was in regards to Jesse Puljujarvi and he listed some players the Oilers were tied to in the summer, and Klim Kostin was one of them. Who knows which side initiated that talk, I didn't really keep up with trade rumors this summer, so maybe this was known.

From what I’ve seen, the Schenn deal is close.

Also, I feel as if Army would’ve only pulled the trigger on Poolparty if Kostin didn’t impress at camp this year. I think that deal would be off the table now.

I’d trade Sanford for him in a heartbeat though.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO

Also, I feel as if Army would’ve only pulled the trigger on Poolparty if Kostin didn’t impress at camp this year. I think that deal would be off the table now.

Just out of curiosity, what makes you think a Schenn deal is close?

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006

Is this based on past potential or having seen him play after surgery on both hips?

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Good shit, we need to get Schenn signed. I have zero interest at all in moving him. He's the type of guy you need in your top 6 because of the edge he plays with.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Dri is good but Lol that has to be the most ridiculous one sided trade idea I have ever seen seen here. Wow just WOW! You must have some really good smoke.

Parayko is 26 and signed for 3 more years. He’ll not only get a raise, there’s no guarantee he wouldn’t go to UFA. He’s a legitimate #1 RD. Over the last 3 years he’s 39th in points among defensemen. He’s a great shutdown D but it’s highly unlikely his offensive production is going to drastically rise.

Draisaitl is 23 and signed for 6 more years. Over the last 3 years Draisaitl is 7th overall in points. He’s a legitimate superstar .

I already stated in a vacuum the two are closer in value but I would still value Draisaitl > Parayko. Add in the fact he’s 3 years younger, signed for twice as long, and the value has to be adjusted.

Kyrou is a great prospect but right now that’s all he is. He’s proven nothing at the NHL level. Most likely the Blues 1st round pick would be a late 1st. First round picks are nice but they don’t come with a guarantee.

Sanford is a meh depth guy you hope has upside. Blais is a legitimate bottom 6 player who might graduate to a top 6 role due to his work ethic.

I don’t get high and unlike another comment (grass is always greener) I said the proposals were for fun and I wasn’t saying the Blues need or should make a trade.

Reading comprehension comes in handy and is probably enhanced when not inhaling.

Obviously everyone is entitled to their opinion but if you posted Parayko for Draisaitl straight up on the main boards I’m extremely confident you would find most other opinions wouldn’t come close to saying that’s in the realm of fairness.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Well I'll be damned... I didn't think we had a hope in hell to extend Schenn for under 7 AAV. Glad to see that he'll be here for a while yet!

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
I bet Logan Brown is a Blue before the end of the year. His relationship with Ottawa is on the rocks (surprise surprise), and I think we will start to look for a big body to replace Maroon eventually. We might look at Kostin first (and probably should), but Brown is a hometown kid that lives in front of the net, and that’s something we could use. I could see us using that acquisition to unload a larger contract to make room for next year’s cap crunch (e.g. Allen or Steen) as well.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I bet Logan Brown is a Blue before the end of the year. His relationship with Ottawa is on the rocks (surprise surprise), and I think we will start to look for a big body to replace Maroon eventually. We might look at Kostin first (and probably should), but Brown is a hometown kid that lives in front of the net, and that’s something we could use. I could see us using that acquisition to unload a larger contract to make room for next year’s cap crunch (e.g. Allen or Steen) as well.
I've been thinking about that too. Would Ottawa have interest in either Fabbri or Sanford?

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
We might have to use Allen + Fabbri or Steen + Sanford so teams would be interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad