Blues Trade Proposals 2019-20 - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spear

Anonymous source FOR HIRE
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Hope you guys are healthy, safe, and employed. Im a Bored Coyotes fan coming to stir shit up for no reason!

Proposal:

To STL: OEL+Grabner
To ARI: Schenn+Steen

Feel free to flame! :)

Just for you....

giphy.gif

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Alternatively, ditch Grabner, add some retention on Steen, and we'll throw in a cheap-ish, young-ish, effective-ish winger like Fischer or Hinostroza?

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
To STL
OEL
Keller

To ARI
Schenn
Dunn
Kyrou
Kostin
As I posted on the trade boards, subtracting Schenn, Dunn and Kostin and adding OEL and Keller makes us significantly smaller and softer. I know everyone loves sexy flash and dash, but we didn't win a cup with soft. We also need Kyrou's speed. Sorry, I understand why people like Keller, but that proposal does not make us a better team

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
It’s fine to refuse the deal. No sweat. OEL is not small or soft though? Keller is both of those things.
You are right, OEL isn't small, but neither is he known for his physical play. I give him credit for not avoiding the dirty areas, though. He will take a hit. Comparisons have been made to Pietrangelo before. OEL is similar to our Captain, but I would say not quite as good defensively. I didn't mean to flame, btw. I just wouldn't make that deal.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
All good. When OEL is engaged he’s pretty chippy and battles pretty hard. He doesn’t seem to like playing for Tocchet. And the Coyotes have been way too bad for way too long, so there’s a pretty bad culture that’s pretty deep-seeded.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
We will probably have to make some changes to the roster if we want to keep Pietrangelo. Vince Dunn (although I hope not) could potentially be traded.

On the mainboards I've already seen the following offers:
From Montreal: Victor Mete for Dunn + Allen + Steen
OR: Mete, 38 overal + 3rd for Dunn + Allen
From New Jersey: Vancouvers 2020 1st round draft pick (pick 12-ish).

I have a hard time valuing Dunn. But New Jerseys offer feels nice, depending who's still on the board. How would you guys rate his value?

Last edited:

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
We will probably have to make some changes to the roster if we want to keep Pietrangelo. Vince Dunn (although I hope not) could potentially be traded.

I have a hard time valuing Dunn. But New Jerseys offer feels nice, depending who's still on the board. How would you guys rate his value?
Steen shouldn't be part of the deal. I don't think he'd waive. The Blues are just going to have to pay him, unless something happens and he ends up on LTIR. But I think he just plays out the deal.

I'd take something of value like the offers listed, but I think he's probably worth a bit more than that. I'd place Allen's value as about a 4th. Dunn is worth a 1st, but I'd rather get a guy that is on an entry deal that is breaking into the league, a player NOW. I'm thinking more of something like the Sanford or Sundqvist moves for Dunn.

Reactions: Blueston

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada

Yikes! There is no way I am having both Perunovich and Mete on the LD. I get that tiny defensemen are the newest NHL fashion trend, but come on! :laugh:

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I really hope we don’t lose Dunn.

Im having trouble thinking Army would move Dunn. This team is built on Defense. Removing Dunn would create a pretty big hole on the left side. I don’t think you want to rely on 2 rookies on this cup contending team.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Im having trouble thinking Army would move Dunn. This team is built on Defense. Removing Dunn would create a pretty big hole on the left side. I don’t think you want to rely on 2 rookies on this cup contending team.

I don't see how we would be.
At least not next year.

Assuming Dunn is moved to fit Petro's cap hit: you have your 6 D men.
Faulk-Petro
Scandella-Parayko
Gunnar-Bortuzzo

Barring injuries, I only see room for one of Perunovich or Mikkola to get a real shot next year. The other will have to wait until the next season.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I don't see how we would be.
At least not next year.

Assuming Dunn is moved to fit Petro's cap hit: you have your 6 D men.
Faulk-Petro
Scandella-Parayko
Gunnar-Bortuzzo

Barring injuries, I only see room for one of Perunovich or Mikkola to get a real shot next year. The other will have to wait until the next season.

I hate Faulk on his off side

Stupendous Yappi

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Trading Dunn only leaves one spot in the 7 man group for a rookie. There are 3 guys at least that could realistically be in the mix for that spot: Walman, Perunovich, or Mikkola. Many thought Mikkola looked ready this year. Until one of those guys displaces Scandella, there’s not a 2nd rookie on the lineup.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Trading Dunn only leaves one spot in the 7 man group for a rookie. There are 3 guys at least that could realistically be in the mix for that spot: Walman, Perunovich, or Mikkola. Many thought Mikkola looked ready this year. Until one of those guys displaces Scandella, there’s not a 2nd rookie on the lineup.

It’s not a question of if they’re rookies or not. Parayko and Edmundson both made the club as rookies so there’s not some magical restriction of 1 rookie allowed. Whoever the coaches think give them the best chance of winning will get to play.

Stupendous Yappi

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
It’s not a question of if they’re rookies or not. Parayko and Edmundson both made the club as rookies so there’s not some magical restriction of 1 rookie allowed. Whoever the coaches think give them the best chance of winning will get to play.
I was responding to the comments about starting 2 rookies on the left side. Trading Dunn doesn't mean 2 rookies will have to start on the left side. It means that it would be highly unlikely for that to occur, unless one of them outplays a current veteran.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
This is Armstrong we're talking about... even if we lose an NHL defenseman, a rookie isn't getting handed the spot. We'll sign a vet on a one year deal at just under $1m for the rookies to battle it out in camp with for the roster spot.

When we're talking about the rookies, the bar for Perunovich making the roster is a good bit higher than it will be for Mikkola.

Reactions: Ranksu

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
This is Armstrong we're talking about... even if we lose an NHL defenseman, a rookie isn't getting handed the spot. We'll sign a vet on a one year deal at just under $1m for the rookies to battle it out in camp with for the roster spot.

When we're talking about the rookies, the bar for Perunovich making the roster is a good bit higher than it will be for Mikkola.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Not inclined to Dunn at all, even with Perunovich and Mikkola coming up the pipeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad