Blues Trade Proposals 2019-20 - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
What level prospect, literally never heard about him. I dont follow other teams' prospects but usually the good ones are talked about.

He was a free agent signing after a Hobey Baker-caliber college career for a non-elite hockey program (Mercyhurst). He’s a good, puck moving dman, but undersized, so Mitch Reinke is a pretty good comparison type-wise, but Priskie is marginally better.

Reactions: Dbrownss

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Holy shit. Jg Pageau went for a 1st+2nd+3rd. I know there are conditions but I dont feel like sifting through the thread to find out what they are.....sit this one out Army. Team is fine.
1st and 2nd are guaranteed(though the first will be next year if it's a top 3 pick in 2020). The 3rd is only if they win the Cup this year. At that point, I don't think anybody really cares about a 3rd round pick, 93rd overall.

Still seems pretty steep. Kreider is going to return something really stupid. It's going to be Forsberg for Erat all over again, though Kreider is only 29 at season's end and Erat was 31 when he was traded. You'll get a couple more good years out of Kreider, and maybe that's worth it to a team that desperately wants to compete for a Cup. I don't think it's worth it for the Blues.

EDIT: Nevermind. Dreger is saying Kreider will be extended with the Rangers.

Reactions: Dbrownss

jimmythemick

Dec 13, 2018
STL
Damn Blues Twitter feed messing with my emotions today...
upload_2020-2-24_11-30-45.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-2-24_11-29-57.png
    upload_2020-2-24_11-29-57.png
    383.5 KB · Views: 2

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
If we’re going rental, I could be talked into Joe Thornton. He’s a withered shell of his former self, but maybe we could get some of that Ray Bourque magic out of him still. There would have to be a contract going back the other way, even if the Sharks retained 50% salary, and I have no idea what the cost could possibly be, but adding Jumbo Joe would be very interesting for sure. I’d love it if he finally won a cup, and it was with the Blues. If for no other reason than it would piss off Sharks fans to have to hear “STL Blues Legend Joe Thornton” the rest of their lives lol.
Nope. I have zero interest in helping him get a ring. Seeing him lift the Cup for us would literally kill my excitement about winning again.

I wouldn’t even trade a 2035 7th round pick for him

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Except the Chicago Wolves ownership is on record about wanting to win now rather than focusing on player development. This means emphasizing playing vets in key roles instead of allowing prospects to log those big minutes to develop with veterans in complementary roles.

While having a veteran core in place to create a good mentoring environment is important, having most of the top 6 filled with guys like Jordan Nolans and no room for our lesser prospects and project players to learn from their mistakes and play more than 10 minutes a night will hurt us.
If the prospects are good, they will play them. Jaskin got plenty of time with the Wolves for example.

if our guys are not good enough to hold down a roster spot in the AHL, the why worry about their potential NHL career?

I think this whole Wolves thing is overblown by some of our fans.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
question: how much would you give up for Jack Eichel?

It’s past your bedtime kid. We couldn’t afford Eichel anyway. We are going to have a hard enough time keeping our own. We are already talking about moving Allen, Bozak and possibly buying out Steen.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
It’s past your bedtime kid. We couldn’t afford Eichel anyway. We are going to have a hard enough time keeping our own. We are already talking about moving Allen, Bozak and possibly buying out Steen.

Woah Woah, hear me out. We got 3 cap dumps and a 1st round pick. Never over estimate the Sabres.

Reactions: Mike Liut

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
question: how much would you give up for Jack Eichel?

I would imagine and rightfully so that any way Eichel would be in a Blue note would result in Thomas, multiple 1sts and a few other assets going to Buffalo. Regardless of whether it's worth it or not, it's not feasible.

Bluesin7

Jan 29, 2014

Are you still salty about me calling you out because you think you're superior for doing manual labor ?

Schwartz17

Jan 19, 2020

I kinda figured it would end up around $83.5 (based off recent increases over the last few offseasons). So even at only $84 that should give enough room for Dunn, Petro, and Scandella extensions. If it goes up as far as $88 mill we may be in great hands with our next guys in line for extensions (Schwartz, Thomas, Sanford, etc). Don’t think Schwartz will end up getting much more either...
thoughts?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If it's 84+, that explains why Petro wanted to wait and why I won't be as worried. All my assumptions were at an 84 cap, and I thought that was a somewhat aggressive assumption, at least a moderate one. If they realistically get to 86, then we'll be fine, and Petro probably gets a bigger check than he would've if he signed before this news.

Reactions: MissouriMook

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
So not saying we should do this, but with how well the team has played in his absence, im presenting a completely different way to approach the off-season:

Tarasenko <--> Kakko + Robertson

Gives everyone the duo they've wanted to see for years, Panarin/Tara (just not on the Blues). And it also turns the Blues Cap situation into a non-issue.

Re-sign Petro
Re-sign Scandella
Trade Allen

Also, leaves more money available down the line to re-up Schwartz and Parayko when they come due.

And finally, this helps/alters our expansion draft, as Kakko is exempt.

Reactions: SwivelSchwartz

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
So not saying we should do this, but with how well the team has played in his absence, im presenting a completely different way to approach the off-season:

Tarasenko <--> Kakko + Robertson

Gives everyone the duo they've wanted to see for years, Panarin/Tara (just not on the Blues). And it also turns the Blues Cap situation into a non-issue.

Re-sign Petro
Re-sign Scandella
Trade Allen

Also, leaves more money available down the line to re-up Schwartz and Parayko when they come due.

And finally, this helps/alters our expansion draft, as Kakko is exempt.

Hard no, but points for creativity.

Tarasenko has had injury problems, but when he’s healthy he’s as lethal as anybody in the league, and he’s a big body that has come into his own as a 200-foot player. As well as we’ve been playing, I’ve missed the hell out of that guy this year. I would be very sad to see him go so unceremoniously, even for what is (as you propose) a more-than-fair package.

The only way I even start to consider something like that - and even still I’m very, very far away from being willing to part with the most exciting Blue since Hull - is if we’re also getting Puljujarvi in a separate deal. Loading up with two huge, skilled wingers who can grow together with our centers would be very appealing and exciting. But I’d have a real hard time watching Tarasenko in anything other than a Blues jersey. Turning a guy at the tail-end of his peak years as he’s starting to get injury troubles into two/three high-value, young replacements would soften the blow, but it’s still not something we would probably do if our goal is to win more Cups in the next few years.

It would be fun as heck to go through that though. Lots of drama!

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Hard no, but points for creativity.

Tarasenko has had injury problems, but when he’s healthy he’s as lethal as anybody in the league, and he’s a big body that has come into his own as a 200-foot player. As well as we’ve been playing, I’ve missed the hell out of that guy this year. I would be very sad to see him go so unceremoniously, even for what is (as you propose) a more-than-fair package.

The only way I even start to consider something like that - and even still I’m very, very far away from being willing to part with the most exciting Blue since Hull - is if we’re also getting Puljujarvi in a separate deal. Loading up with two huge, skilled wingers who can grow together with our centers would be very appealing and exciting. But I’d have a real hard time watching Tarasenko in anything other than a Blues jersey. Turning a guy at the tail-end of his peak years as he’s starting to get injury troubles into two/three high-value, young replacements would soften the blow, but it’s still not something we would probably do if our goal is to win more Cups in the next few years.

It would be fun as heck to go through that though. Lots of drama!
In this case, he'd still be in a blue jersey if that helps any ;)

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
How much do we think a Scandella extension would cost?
is if we’re also getting Puljujarvi in a separate deal.
I expect that Armstrong is going to revisit this in the summer, but I don't know what would make sense. I'm not a big fan of Puljujärvi, so not the best judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad