Blues Trade Proposals 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Parayko isn't going anywhere. What would be the point? We are solidified down center, well above average on the wings, and have one of the best top 4 d men corps in the league. Why downgrade greatly at d, just to get a moderate boost at forward?

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Like I look at Tampa's roster and there is literally nothing that makes since unless Yzerman does something stupid and puts Kucherov on the table. It would seriously hurt our defensive depth though.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
I would very much love to see us shut Toronto down in a Cup Final. We already handle that team well and now with ROR as the primary shut down center...yeah that would be a great Final. It's funny because I'm sure there were many of us that thought of that matchup over the last couple days after the Leafs signed Tavares and we traded for ROR. We're looking to get back into the PO picture and compete for a Cup and they are looking to take that next step as well. 2 Championship starved fan bases makes for a great storyline.
Cubs and Indians anyone

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
Friedman speculating Parayko may still be on block with Tampa potential destination. Seems unlikely post-ROR, unless team has really soured on him (he certainly didn't have his best year). I am going to assume that Stamkos and Kucherov are off limits, but they obviously would be great addition to any team. Would we swap Parayko for Sergachev? Would they?

Ultimately Parayko is less valuable to us than to others because he is trapped behind Petro and this could be way to transform that. Kinda jumbles our pairs, but my sense is some of our lefties are comfortable on right side and could give us big offensive boost on back end. We would presumably have to take salary for it to work for Tampa. They have Hedman and McDonough on left and much less talent on right so could see how might make sense for them.

Can't say this is bloody likely, but food for thought.
Friedman needs to shut it already.

Hypothetically if we did trade CP55 to Tampa, I'd want Foote back. I don't think there's anyway they'd trade Point/Kucherov/Stamkos/Vasilevsky.

JT Miller has no trade protection and just resigned to a reasonable deal considering some of the money being thrown around.

Still not enough to move CP55 though.

Foote, Miller and 2019 1st for Parayko, Fabbri, Bouwmeester? I'd have to think about that. But the potential options to replace Parayko for the 18-19 season would be slim pickins as Foote wouldn't be ready, Schmaltz is untested.

I'd look to trade for Faulk in this hypothetical unlikely scenario. The money works.

Why even consider it? Seattle expansion draft looms large.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
He apparently said it in one of his radio hits.

Thanks I actually found this on twitter right before you posted it. To me this seems like someone trying to connect dots. I could believe that Parayko may have been floated out there before July 1st but with what has occurred I can't imagine Army is still fielding calls on him. Our team is solid top to bottom right now (minus goaltending) why would he weaken our defense?

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010

Hypothetically if we did trade CP55 to Tampa, I'd want Foote back. I don't think there's anyway they'd trade Point/Kucherov/Stamkos/Vasilevsky.

JT Miller has no trade protection and just resigned to a reasonable deal considering some of the money being thrown around.

Foote, Miller and 2019 1st for Parayko, Fabbri, Bouwmeester? I'd have to think about that. But the potential options to replace Parayko for the 18-19 season would be slim pickins as Foote wouldn't be ready, Schmaltz is untested.

I'd look to trade for Faulk in this hypothetical unlikely scenario. The money works.

That trade seems a bit too complicated. Take out Fabbri, Bouwmeester, and the 1st.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Thanks I actually found this on twitter right before you posted it. To me this seems like someone trying to connect dots. I could believe that Parayko may have been floated out there before July 1st but with what has occurred I can't imagine Army is still fielding calls on him. Our team is solid top to bottom right now (minus goaltending) why would he weaken our defense?
Much of what Friedman does is connect dots. Very rarely do those connected dots resemble anything like a portrait of what comes to pass.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Sergachev is apparently more comfortable on right side than left. That changes calculus a bit. Young and super talented though.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Friedman speculating Parayko may still be on block with Tampa potential destination. Seems unlikely post-ROR, unless team has really soured on him (he certainly didn't have his best year). I am going to assume that Stamkos and Kucherov are off limits, but they obviously would be great addition to any team. Would we swap Parayko for Sergachev? Would they?

Ultimately Parayko is less valuable to us than to others because he is trapped behind Petro and this could be way to transform that. Kinda jumbles our pairs, but my sense is some of our lefties are comfortable on right side and could give us big offensive boost on back end. We would presumably have to take salary for it to work for Tampa. They have Hedman and McDonough on left and much less talent on right so could see how might make sense for them.

Can't say this is bloody likely, but food for thought.

It makes absolutely no sense given where we are with our roster. We have 4 high-end top 6 (Schenn, Schwartz, ROR and Tarasenko), with 3 more low end top 6 (Bozak, Steen and Perron) and 3 guys who could be pushing for top 6 in the near future (Fabbri, Thomas and Kyrou). Thats potentially 10 top 6 guys all under contract a year or two from now. We have a solid top 4 as well. The only hole is goalie and we have Husso coming up. Goalies just don't fetch a lot on the market to give up a stud D. We have no prospects that project to be solid top 4 either. Reinke and Schmaltz could someday be ok #4s, but by no means great ones.. Why make a hole where we have no prospects to improve an already solid position. It makes absolutely no sense at this time.

As for Sergachev, why risk a 1 for 1 swap? If we trade Parayko, we need RD as much as they do. If Parayko is a better RD for them, he is a better RD for us. Just seems to be taking unnecessary risk, especially when we have to take cap to make it work. I mean if they want to do Vasilevskiy and Sergachev for PArayko and Allen, I consider it. But I don't see why they would do that, at all.

Reactions: Dbrownss

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011

I wouldn't trade Parayko alone for that package, let alone adding Fabbri and Bouwmeester. You don't trade a player like Parayko for a package of assets, you look for equivalent value in a position of need. That used to be center until we got ROR and signed Bozak.

Parayko should be 100% off limits and I highly doubt he's on the block. Friedman just talking out of his again with his speculatoin.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
I wouldn't trade Parayko alone for that package, let alone adding Fabbri and Bouwmeester. You don't trade a player like Parayko for a package of assets, you look for equivalent value in a position of need. That used to be center until we got ROR and signed Bozak.

Parayko should be 100% off limits and I highly doubt he's on the block. Friedman just talking out of his again with his speculatoin.
I started my post with Friedman needs to shut it and none of it is likely to happen.

However, when you stand to lose an asset for nothing, either protecting 7/3/1 or 4/4, I think it changes the conversation.

I'm perfectly fine if Armstrong does nothing to address the elephant in the room. But it's going to really sting in two years when we finally have assembled an A+ roster and Seattle can pluck a good player of their choosing.

7/3 - losing one of our top 4.
4/4 - losing one of Fabbri Kostin Schwartz Schenn O'Reilly Tarasenko

DoubleK81

It's always something with these pricks.
Sep 10, 2010
PETRO SUCKS
What is everybody's fascination with Maroon? ESPECIALLY with the fact that we have the team filled out with established performers, and incredibly promising prospects that would be battling for a spot that would be cock-blocked by Maroon if he were signed.

I don't want Maroon anywhere near this team. He is a guy that has made a name for himself by playing with the likes of Getzlaf, Perry, and McJesus. He would be a complete and utter disappointment on this team.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I started my post with Friedman needs to shut it and none of it is likely to happen.

However, when you stand to lose an asset for nothing, either protecting 7/3/1 or 4/4, I think it changes the conversation.

I'm perfectly fine if Armstrong does nothing to address the elephant in the room. But it's going to really sting in two years when we finally have assembled an A+ roster and Seattle can pluck a good player of their choosing.

7/3 - losing one of our top 4.
4/4 - losing one of Fabbri Kostin Schwartz Schenn O'Reilly Tarasenko
The expansion draft is something that we need to keep in the back of our mind, but it isn't something to be concerned about at this stage. Armstrong has already done plenty of work to make sure most of our prospects will be exempt, that includes the likes of Thomas, Kyrou, Kostin & Mikkola.

As if stands now, we'd protect Tarasenko, Schwartz, Schenn & ROR. That would leave Steen, Bozak, Perron, Fabbri, Jaškin, Soshnikov, Barbashev, Sundqvist, Blais, Sanford, Stevens, Schmaltz, Walman & Reinke as the exposed players. Unless someone takes a significant step forward, the only one that could hurt is Fabbri. And that is a maybe just now.

The other reason why it is too early to focus on this too much is that one of Allen or Husso will need to be exposed.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
I’m not worried about the expansion draft. Doug will pull a deal where we give up a pick for them to take who we want them to take. It’ll probably be Bozak going into his last year on his deal.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Again with the Parayko-speculation?

tenor.gif

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
The expansion draft is something that we need to keep in the back of our mind, but it isn't something to be concerned about at this stage. Armstrong has already done plenty of work to make sure most of our prospects will be exempt, that includes the likes of Thomas, Kyrou, Kostin & Mikkola.

As if stands now, we'd protect Tarasenko, Schwartz, Schenn & ROR. That would leave Steen, Bozak, Perron, Fabbri, Jaškin, Soshnikov, Barbashev, Sundqvist, Blais, Sanford, Stevens, Schmaltz, Walman & Reinke as the exposed players. Unless someone takes a significant step forward, the only one that could hurt is Fabbri. And that is a maybe just now.

The other reason why it is too early to focus on this too much is that one of Allen or Husso will need to be exposed.
I don't think Kostin will be exempt as playing in the AHL last year counts as a pro season.

With the emergence of Dunn, a tough loss is in the not so distant future.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I don't think Kostin will be exempt as playing in the AHL last year counts as a pro season.

With the emergence of Dunn, a tough loss is in the not so distant future.
Playing in the AHL doesn't count as a pro season if the player is under 20, so if the contract slides then it's not viewed as a pro season.

William Nylander, Julias Honka and a few others were in the AHL in 2014/15 and they were exempt from the 2017 expansion draft. It'll be the same for Kostin.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
The expansion is too far away to prepare for now. The best preparation for the expansion would be to do nothing and let some contracts fall off prior to it getting here. We aren't going to worsen our roster early just to keep from losing someone. That makes no sense at all. If we get stuck with a quality player possibly on the block, there will be some team somewhere with that position of need, and room to take them in return for picks/prospects, etc. It happened with Vegas' draft, too.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
Playing in the AHL doesn't count as a pro season if the player is under 20, so if the contract slides then it's not viewed as a pro season.

William Nylander, Julias Honka and a few others were in the AHL in 2014/15 and they were exempt from the 2017 expansion draft. It'll be the same for Kostin.
That eases my concern.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
The only way Parayko to Tampa Bay works is if there's another team involved or it's a deal larger than anyone would allow themselves to imagine. The only reasonable pieces from Tampa Bay would be something like Foote AND a clear upgrade scoring line forward. And not only is Tampa Bay not in a position to do that, the Blues would also have to move out a forward to make that work.

Friedman is just hearing that Yzerman is making the rounds and is connecting the dots. They want Karlsson? Other teams do, too, so what if they strike out? Who's the next best righty defenseman I've heard in rumors?

Do they really even need to improve their defense? Is Stralman fading faster than I realized? Is there a problem with Sergachev? It seems like if there's one area the Lightning want to add, it's probably size to their top-9 forward group. If Simmonds is actually being shopped, he'd be a good fit for starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad