Blues Trade Proposals 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbron

Apr 27, 2014
West Coast
NHL expansion rules for Seattle.............

AP Press reports in May 2018 in Vegas ...........

WithBettman and deputy commissioner Bill Daly both confirmed the NHL plans to keep the same rules on the next expansion draft. If it happens within the next two years, as increasingly expected, Vegas won't have to lose any of its players, Daly added.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Friedman still pushing Parayko availability on his podcast. Says wanted to ship out Berglund and Sobotka as part of culture change and wonders whether Parayko is part of it. Also says with Petro extension coming next year perhaps is issue of $ on right side. I still don't see us moving him.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Friedman still pushing Parayko availability on his podcast. Says wanted to ship out Berglund and Sobotka as part of culture change and wonders whether Parayko is part of it. Also says with Petro extension coming next year perhaps is issue of $ on right side. I still don't see us moving him.
He's been here like 3yrs...
How the hell is there a culture change need

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I like Friedman.

He gets a lot of crap from fans now because he is honest. He doesn't make up rumours, he presents what he hears and then starts thinking out loud. He has heard Parayko's name was being banded about and he wonders if there is something there. He openly admits that he is spitballing ideas. Other guys get their own ideas and then present them as actual rumours.

Having said that, his ideas about Parayko are way off base. Armstrong might be concerned about the amount of money that we had committed to RHD after the Pietrangelo extension? That's simply not how it works.

What would most coaches prefer?

25 minutes: #1D-2nd pairing D
25 minutes: #1D-2nd pairing D
10 minutes: Third pairing

27 minutes: #1D-#1D
20 minutes: 2nd pairing D-2nd pairing D
13 minutes: Third pairing

Most coaches will prefer the first option because you have 50 minutes of having a top defenseman out there. Ideally your two #1D will be opposite sides so you can pair them in specific situations, but it isn't a big deal.

There isn't any issue in having your main talent on the one side of defense, as long as you have the complimentary guys on the other side.

As for the culture change, I don't really get the impression that Parayko is one of the more vocal guys in the room.

I do agree about him and Yzerman being pretty friendly and that if Tampa miss out on Karlsson then Parayko makes a lot of sense for them. It's just that I don't think they'd be willing to pay the price to get him.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Seriously, right? How would that be on Parayko but not Petro? Is part of our cultural dysfunction that we've got too many players folding towels on the bench before handing them back to the trainer?

Woof!
What would we even trade parayko for? Blues are looking to put their hat back in the contender circle, we need Parayko for that.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
NHL expansion rules for Seattle.............

AP Press reports in May 2018 in Vegas ...........

WithBettman and deputy commissioner Bill Daly both confirmed the NHL plans to keep the same rules on the next expansion draft. If it happens within the next two years, as increasingly expected, Vegas won't have to lose any of its players, Daly added.
So Vegas is exempt from the next expansion draft. Now people have accused the NHL of being far too favorable to them all year, this is the first time I will. After 3 years they should have the pieces in place to be self sustaining in an expansion draft.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
What would we even trade parayko for? Blues are looking to put their hat back in the contender circle, we need Parayko for that.
There are really only a few very limited scenarios that would make sense:

>Parayko and a forward and/or futures for an elite RD like Karlsson? Highly unlikely and he's the only one likely to be available.
>Parayko and a small add for a better RD (like 55+15 for Seth Jones)? NFW. CBJ can't be that desperate or deluded.
>Parayko and a lesser F for a Top-6 F and a lesser RD? Makes no sense with our current Top 6 log jam.

Before the ROR trade I could have seen something like Parayko+ for Johnson and Stralman, but trading Parayko now makes less than no sense.

Reactions: Dbrownss

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
The only way it makes any sense to move Parayko is if the Blues are getting a package that includes a replacement right defenseman AND a killer starting goalie or a scoring line forward who is an upgrade on the current roster. If that forward upgrade is massive, it could include a forward going the other way to clear space, but, otherwise, it would require yet another deal to make room. Unless Armstrong and Yeo have some kind of mad scientist crap going on where they want to run four legitimate scoring lines. Which cracks me up and I'm all for, but not at the cost of a big downgrade on defense.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
So Vegas is exempt from the next expansion draft. Now people have accused the NHL of being far too favorable to them all year, this is the first time I will. After 3 years they should have the pieces in place to be self sustaining in an expansion draft.
They are exempt because it was planned like that, and their owners aren't getting a cut of the expansion fee.

The NHL hasn't been favourable to them at all. They should have got a bunch of third liners and 2nd/3rd pairing guys in the expansion draft. The fact that GM's screwed themselves by throwing around NMC's is on them.

Reactions: mk80

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
There are really only a few very limited scenarios that would make sense:

>Parayko and a forward and/or futures for an elite RD like Karlsson? Highly unlikely and he's the only one likely to be available.
>Parayko and a small add for a better RD (like 55+15 for Seth Jones)? NFW. CBJ can't be that desperate or deluded.
>Parayko and a lesser F for a Top-6 F and a lesser RD? Makes no sense with our current Top 6 log jam.

Before the ROR trade I could have seen something like Parayko+ for Johnson and Stralman, but trading Parayko now makes less than no sense.
Johnson and Stralman would've been bad. I like Johnson, but he's very overrated on this board, and Stralman will be 32.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
They are exempt because it was planned like that, and their owners aren't getting a cut of the expansion fee.

The NHL hasn't been favourable to them at all. They should have got a bunch of third liners and 2nd/3rd pairing guys in the expansion draft. The fact that GM's screwed themselves by throwing around NMC's is on them.
Yes exactly. All year long I've read and heard people accusing them of being gifted the team by the NHL, when in reality GMGM played his cards and was able to get more out of other GMs and construct a good team. I do think though they should be part of the next expansion draft, again 3 years is plenty of time to be self sustaining. But oh well, I don't make those decisions.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

I still look at the roster and say "ewww" even after the season they had.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Yes exactly. All year long I've read and heard people accusing them of being gifted the team by the NHL, when in reality GMGM played his cards and was able to get more out of other GMs and construct a good team. I do think though they should be part of the next expansion draft, again 3 years is plenty of time to be self sustaining. But oh well, I don't make those decisions.
It was up to the other owners, and their logic was sound. Vegas were likely going to be a terrible team, let them keep their player and we'll all get a bigger slice of the next expansion fee.

Even after the season that Vegas had, the logic is still sound. Who is the 8th best forward on Vegas? 4th defenseman? They wouldn't be losing anyone meaningful unless they make some big trades, trades they might not make if an expansion draft was looming for them.

If I was an owner, I'd probably prefer the $700k than forcing Vegas to give up Brayden McNabb.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
If you look at our D in total, I don't really see that much locked up in them. If you're talking money on the just the right side of the D, sure, but the total cost of your top 4 D is really all that matters, and that is perfectly fine, even with Petro's upcoming raise. The only way I see Parayko moved out is if there is an over payment in a position of need coming back. I don't see any real big areas of need currently on the team. Matter of fact, moving Parayko would create our biggest area of need.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I wish Erik Karlsson were a LD.
Even on his off-side, Karlsson would make the Blues a monster.

Karlsson-Petro
Eddy-Parayko
Dunn-Bouw/Gunnar/Bortz/Schmaltz

I don't see a realistic package that could be sent to get Karlsson, but a stud, #1 LD sure would be nice. Unfortunately it would probably be a wasted acquisition if the Blues are still relying on Allen to be their backbone.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Only semi-realistic Parayko trade would be to the Ducks or Islanders with Montour/Manson or Pulock in return, with a forward to make it worth it. We'd still need to chip in something.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
With Weber out and Montreal in full tank mode I wonder what the ask would be for Price at 50% retained.

Too much. Price has the pedigree, but his recent performance is not good enough. Yes, his team is bad, but Price's performance last year was very bad. His save percentage over the past two seasons is almost identical to Allen's. Fans would foam at the mouth if the Blues gave up something significant for another Miller situation and then were also on the hook for 5 million per year until frickin' 2026.

Even at 50% retained, the only way it makes any sense for the Blues to trade for Price is if he goes back to being a brick wall for months.

Reactions: A Real Barn Burner

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I want nothing to do with Price. Theres just no realistic situation where he's moved outside of an expansion team who can burn 10.5 in cap space for 5+yrs.

Now I'd be interested in Lundquist with retention due to him having 2yrs left but still wouldn't give up an arm and a leg, He's been flat out bad sometimes and he loves to blame his dmen.

Honestly, if this team can score goals this year......just stick with Allen and see if Husso can take his job

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Would you trade Kyrou + a 1st for Mark Stone? There would have to be a significant contract going to Ottawa like Steen or Bouwmeester. Barring the cap dumps, do you deal the cost controlled Kyrou with the unknown ceiling for the known quantity of Stone that’s going to cost close to 7 million a year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->