Blues Trade Proposals 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Some serious changes mean that chemistry is the overriding factor and we'll just have to see how they all play together.

BUT, if Fabbri is even 70% of the player he was before he got injured, he should probably be back on a line with Tarasenko.

I guess the other side to that argument is that probably means a third line that's something like Steen-Bozak-Perron, which seems like a line of complementary pieces instead of one with an engine. Still a damn good quality third line, but I really hope Kyrou, Thomas, Fabbri, and Bozak provide some kind of clarity instead of ultimately muddying up the lineup because the coaches can't settle on roles and lines. Bozak and O'Reilly each immediately gelling with somebody would go a long way.

Reactions: The Note in MI

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Possibly. Maybe Fabbri, maybe Schmaltz, maybe Steen. I think we're for sure going to go 8-1 unless we trade one of our top 4 D. My list is Tarasenko, ROR, Schenn, Schwartz, Pietrangelo, Parayko, Dunn, Ed, Allen. Maybe there can be an option where we don't protect a goalie.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Source? I am surprised we didn't move Blais then. Unless everyone wanted him for peanuts. He is a good player that won't get a shot here buried behind Steen, Schwartz, Fabbri etc on the left side.

I honestly think keeping Blais up just to be a really strong AHL player could help our relationship with San Antonio. Also, Blais is a pure LW prospect for a team that actually kinda needs one now.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I imagine Sammy Blais will get a shot in training camp. The last roster spot may come down to Kyrou v. Blais...which would be refreshing.
They are better off in the AHL if they aren’t going to be playing, and it’s difficult to see the spot for them unless Thomas is the 4C and Barbashev is in the AHL.

Reactions: CaliBlues710

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Since Army’s talked multiple times about spending to the cap, what do you think the final nail in the coffin to this offseason should be?

Trade Gunnarsson for a pick, then sign Maroon for our 4th line when completely healthy?

Trade Allen+ for a better goalie? Bobrovsky, Schneider, Rask, and Varlamov have been rumored to be available.

Trade Parayko+ for Erik Karlsson

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Aren't Matthews, Marner & Nylander all centers? So who moves to wing or gets traded of the 3 now that Tavares is a Leaf?

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
I imagine Sammy Blais will get a shot in training camp. The last roster spot may come down to Kyrou v. Blais...which would be refreshing.

I think Thomas, Blais, Kyrou, and Fabbri will be fighting for 2 spots in the lineup during camp. Blais I can see them keeping up to be the extra.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Nylander played primarily on Matthews wing last year. JT effectively takes Bozak spot in lineup. I expect he will be a slight upgrade.
Eentsy teentsy bit. Toronto was my favorite team in the east last year, despite their insufferable fans. I’ll be rooting for them, such a historic franchise. Fan base is incredibly penetrating and massive and passionate they kinda deserve a cup as well. Tavares makes them even more enticing to watch.

Reactions: Blueston

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Since Army’s talked multiple times about spending to the cap, what do you think the final nail in the coffin to this offseason should be?

Trade Gunnarsson for a pick, then sign Maroon for our 4th line when completely healthy?

Trade Allen+ for a better goalie? Bobrovsky, Schneider, Rask, and Varlamov have been rumored to be available.

Trade Parayko+ for Erik Karlsson

I think it’s unwise to spend a bunch of money on your 4th line, even if you have the cap space for it. Maroon would be a really strong addition to our group, but at whatever price he is likely to command, for however many years, it will likely be too much. Right now our 4th is Soshnikov-Barbashev-Jaskin. I like that just fine. Maroon would give us a luxurious amount of depth, but I’m not sure we need to be falling over ourselves to make it happen.

With Allen, I feel like the situation is taking care of itself. Johnson will back up Snake while Husso pushes for time, and by next year it’s Husso’s job hopefully. If we make a big shake-up trade now, the path to the starters net for Ville would be obstructed for years. That wouldn’t be the end of the world of course, but I again don’t see the need to spend assets to make that happen when Husso is almost here, we don’t need to move assets to get him, and he could be a great, cheap goalie for us a la Vasilevsky. People are focusing a lot on Allen’s swoons which are of course concerning, but he was phenomenal in Yeo’s first few months including the playoffs. He single-handedly won the Minny playoff series for us. I still have faith he can find his rhythm here. If he starts swooning again, yeah we might have to do something else, but I’m not overly eager to make a huge change just yet.

As for Karlsson, he can pretty much call his own shot at this point lol. Rumor is that wherever he goes will be part of a 3-way trade to get rid of Bobby Ryan too. So maybe there’s some wiggle room in there to get something done, but I have a feeling this is going to go a lot like the Tavares sweepstakes for us. We would also have to clear out a lot more than just Parayko’s salary I think? Idk, I’d love for Karlsson to play for us, but I think it would be really hard to make happen.

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
I dont want to move Schenn from center. He likes center and is playing great. Lets keep him happy and keep the chemistry with him and JS.

Steen - ROR - Tarasenko
Schwartz - Schenn - Kyrou
Fabbri - Bozak - Thomas
Sanford - Barbashev - Jaskin

That’s my opening night lineup
Sosh over Sand Bamford

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
Source? I am surprised we didn't move Blais then. Unless everyone wanted him for peanuts. He is a good player that won't get a shot here buried behind Steen, Schwartz, Fabbri etc on the left side.

Those three players all have somewhat extensive injury histories. Fabbri really does. Schwartz missed 20 last year and 50 three years ago. Steen is 33-34 years old and has taken a beating in his career.

Blais is good insurance.

Reactions: Alklha

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Marner & Nylander are RW. Nylander could transition to C he has good success there in 500+FO, but i dont see Marner ever going back.
Marner played on the wing in London as well, but I think he has the game to be a good centre. I know that the Leafs planned on him being a centre when they drafted him, but that changed when they got Matthews the next year.

I wonder if they might have some problems getting him signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad