Blues Trade Proposals 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Would you trade Kyrou + a 1st for Mark Stone? There would have to be a significant contract going to Ottawa like Steen or Bouwmeester. Barring the cap dumps, do you deal the cost controlled Kyrou with the unknown ceiling for the known quantity of Stone that’s going to cost close to 7 million a year?
Short answer: No.

Long Answer:
I’d offer Kostin instead.
Stone would be an excellent Steen replacement.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012

Long Answer:
Stone is looking to get around $7M (barring anything in his arbitration case deciding differently). So to acquire him we would have to shed more salary than a pick and prospect. According to Capfriendly we have $6.8M and some change in cap space.

That's before resigning Edmundson (RFA), Schmaltz (RFA), Jaskin (RFA) and Sundqvist (RFA).

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Would you trade Kyrou + a 1st for Mark Stone? There would have to be a significant contract going to Ottawa like Steen or Bouwmeester. Barring the cap dumps, do you deal the cost controlled Kyrou with the unknown ceiling for the known quantity of Stone that’s going to cost close to 7 million a year?
It's not really possible. Neither of those guys are waiving for that toxic team

brokeu91

Jul 4, 2017
Rhode Island
I would do that in a heartbeat. But I doubt Ottawa does that. They could definitely get more for Stone than that. Heck, he's one player I'd give Thomas up for (the other being Panarin)

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Once we got our trio, I gave up on the thought of Stone coming here.
I think this is the first time in a while I've been truly content. I haven't been thinking about adding anyone else since our roster looks great.

If the team added an experienced 4th liner or something I wouldn't complain, but we have no real needs. We're set. so all that's left is just see how Thomas and Kyrou develop and then add them in and become even better.

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
I think this is the first time in a while I've been truly content. I haven't been thinking about adding anyone else since our roster looks great.

If the team added an experienced 4th liner or something I wouldn't complain, but we have no real needs. We're set. so all that's left is just see how Thomas and Kyrou develop and then add them in and become even better.
Exactly how i feel. I love the balanced roster we ended up with. It really re-opens and extends our window with our great mix of Core players, Vets and ELCs.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
With Bobrovsky not likely to re-resign in Columbus, would Jarmo entertain Jake Allen as his starting goalie? They have familiarity with one another and might be a viable solution should the teams start talking. I'm not sure that Army would entertain acquiring a Vezina-winning goalie that is looking to get paid...but with Tarasenko, Soshnikov, Barbashev (and Kostin and Torop in the system), maybe STL isn't such a bad spot for Russian NHL'ers. Don't know that Stillman would have the stomach for it after the Ryan Miller debacle...but it's no scarier than not replacing Allen and leaving this season's fortunes to his peaks & valleys.

Cost of a rental Bob would be significant though and the Blues are already without a 1st rounder once again. Jarmo would certainly target Thomas...so it's unlikely anything could be reached. Ideally you'd expand it to include Panarin...but then the cost becomes astronomical and you can't keep everyone long-term under the salary cap, so any deal with Columbus would likely be an either/or proposition between Breadman and Bobrovsky. I'd think Stillman & Army would have to investigate to see if either were a real possibility...but given the choice of the two, I think Bobrovsky would be the focus knowing the Blues' needs.

Last edited:

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
With Bobrovsky not likely to re-resign in Columbus, would Jarmo entertain Jake Allen as his starting goalie? They have familiarity with one another and might be a viable solution should the teams start talking. I'm not sure that Army would entertain acquiring a Vezina-winning goalie that is looking to get paid...but with Tarasenko, Soshnikov, Barbashev (and Kostin and Torop in the system), maybe STL isn't such a bad spot for Russian NHL'ers. Don't know that Stillman would have the stomach for it after the Ryan Miller debacle...but it's no scarier than not replacing Flake Allen and leaving this season's fortunes to his peaks & valleys.

Cost of a rental Bob would be significant though and the Blues are already without a 1st rounder once again. Jarmo would certainly target Thomas...so it's unlikely anything could be reached. Ideally you'd expand it to include Panarin...but then the cost becomes astronomical and you can't keep everyone long-term under the salary cap, so any deal with Columbus would likely be an either/or proposition between Breadman and Bobrovsky. I'd think Stillman & Army would have to investigate to see if either were a real possibility...but given the choice of the two, I think Bobrovsky would be the focus knowing the Blues' needs.

Allen for Bobrovsky would be welcomed by me, but I don't think the add would be that high. I think the plan is to let Husso get as many starts in San Antonio as possible, as well as some NHL games this season. Next season Husso will probably get a 1-2 year bridge deal between $1-2mil, then hopefully he is the starter after that deal and is extended like Allen was. That is how I see management having good goaltending while keeping the cap low (not spending $10mil on Bobrovsky as UFA) so that the cap space can be spent on raises and keeping our guys.

Chojin

Tiny Panger...
Apr 6, 2011
Friedman still pushing Parayko availability on his podcast. Says wanted to ship out Berglund and Sobotka as part of culture change and wonders whether Parayko is part of it. Also says with Petro extension coming next year perhaps is issue of $ on right side. I still don't see us moving him.

That's now how understood it. I think he was saying that Berglund and Sobotka were moved out partially for culture reasons, but Parayko would only be moved out because we might not want to commit a ton of money to the right defense. He brought the two up in close proximity, which is why it was confusing.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'm also not that worried about a Petro extension. I think he'll end up much closer to a OEL deal than what Doughty and Karlsson will go for. Petro just hasn't accomplished what some of the others have.

Reactions: mk80

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I'm also not that worried about a Petro extension. I think he'll end up much closer to a OEL deal than what Doughty and Karlsson will go for. Petro just hasn't accomplished what some of the others have.
Agreed. Unless we win a Cup or he wins a Norris in the next two years I think we're looking at $8M-$9M. I'd really like to see him take an 8 x $8M to allow us more room to keep others. There wasn't anything in his comments in Korac's article regarding Tavares "going home" to suggest we might have the same worry with him.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Agreed. Unless we win a Cup or he wins a Norris in the next two years I think we're looking at $8M-$9M. I'd really like to see him take an 8 x $8M to allow us more room to keep others. There wasn't anything in his comments in Korac's article regarding Tavares "going home" to suggest we might have the same worry with him.
I could see him testing and leaving in free agency, but Army will just have to make that decision and possibly move him if need be. I think he'll stay with all the talent here. It is another reason why moving Parayko makes no sense. What if you trade him and Petro gets 10+ million on the open market.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012

Long Answer:

I don’t disagree with your reaction to moving kyrou for him..... but Stone is wayyyy better than you perceive him in comparison to steen. Stone is closer to a winger version of ROR with more goal scoring ability.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I think he meant Stone would be a great replacement to a prime Steen, which would be correct.
That makes a lot more sense, tho I still think stones talent and offensive ability is a solid amount above prime steens.

I really like stone and think he’s extremely underrated/appreciated outside of Ottawa

Reactions: nonzerochance

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
That makes a lot more sense, tho I still think stones talent and offensive ability is a solid amount above prime steens.

I really like stone and think he’s extremely underrated/appreciated outside of Ottawa
If he does what he did last year over a full season, then yes, otherwise, he's a top-notch defensive forward good for 65 points. Stone last season was similar to Steen in 13/14, so we'll have to see if he keeps it up or if he was playing a bit above himself.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
If he does what he did last year over a full season, then yes, otherwise, he's a top-notch defensive forward good for 65 points. Stone last season was similar to Steen in 13/14, so we'll have to see if he keeps it up or if he was playing a bit above himself.

Top notch 65 point defensive forward is literally ROR haha. Well atleast if ROR played with any decent linemates. Steen for me despite 13-14 falls very close but a tier below albeit at the top of that lower tier.

Can’t forget how many points he put up just teeing off one-T’s on our old PP lmao.

Just reading this convo......I hate how bored we are that this is what we discuss. IS IT OCTOBER YET :(

Reactions: LetsGoBooze

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Top notch 65 point defensive forward is literally ROR haha. Well atleast if ROR played with any decent linemates. Steen for me despite 13-14 falls very close but a tier below albeit at the top of that lower tier.

Can’t forget how many points he put up just teeing off one-T’s on our old PP lmao.
I'm not disputing that, just saying that was prime Steen. ROR is a center, Steen is a winger, Stone is more like Steen just less of a goal-scorer.

Reactions: STLBLUES44

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Stone doesn’t go underrated by me - I watched Ottawa a lot last year.

Stone would be an excellent grab, but I don’t think he’s as gamebreaking as I think Kyrou can be. Although there aren’t many players that I would trade Kyrou for - but Stone would be one I could live with if it were to go down. I wouldn’t initiate it myself, though - especially with Stone, Panarin, and more likely testing FA next year.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis

He almost sounded like that would be the last place he'd want to go. Unless he was portraying so to make sure people knew that he tried to get JT to come here. Regardless, I don't see Petro moving on. Especially with the group we have locked for 3-4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad