Blues Trade Proposals 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Since Army’s talked multiple times about spending to the cap, what do you think the final nail in the coffin to this offseason should be?

Trade Gunnarsson for a pick, then sign Maroon for our 4th line when completely healthy?

Trade Allen+ for a better goalie? Bobrovsky, Schneider, Rask, and Varlamov have been rumored to be available.

Trade Parayko+ for Erik Karlsson

I would much rather worry about keeping our guys (Eddy, Fabbri, Jaskin, etc.)

The first two especially. As for if there is any left over, we should either save it or look to use it on a goalie upgrade. I see no reason to add Maroon to the 4th line unless he will sign dirt cheap.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I would much rather worry about keeping our guys (Eddy, Fabbri, Jaskin, etc.)

The first two especially. As for if there is any left over, we should either save it or look to use it on a goalie upgrade. I see no reason to add Maroon to the 4th line unless he will sign dirt cheap.

100% agree....

Also fwiw, rinne, Bobrovsky and mike smith are all UFA’s next year and we’ll have bouw and Gunnar’s cap hits coming off the books

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
100% agree....

Also fwiw, rinne, Bobrovsky and mike smith are all UFA’s next year and we’ll have bouw and Gunnar’s cap hits coming off the books

I don't want to see the price for Rinne if Nashville misses the playoffs. Bob could be interesting if Columbus can't make it out of the metro. Smith is ok, not sure how Calgary stacks up in the Pacific right now. Edmonton is and will always be the ultimate wild card between having McDavid and Chiarelli at the reigns. Everything good McDavid does, Chiarelli can certainly mess up. Regardless that kid can completely carry a team and that is scary.

If you are talking about UFA signings, I'm a little bit more concerned about upcoming contracts we will need to offer our players to retain them as opposed to forking out 10m/year to sign Bob

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I don't want to see the price for Rinne if Nashville misses the playoffs. Bob could be interesting if Columbus can't make it out of the metro. Smith is ok, not sure how Calgary stacks up in the Pacific right now. Edmonton is and will always be the ultimate wild card between having McDavid and Chiarelli at the reigns. Everything good McDavid does, Chiarelli can certainly mess up. Regardless that kid can completely carry a team and that is scary.

If you are talking about UFA signings, I'm a little bit more concerned about upcoming contracts we will need to offer our players to retain them as opposed to forking out 10m/year to sign Bob
My thought was Bob somewhere around 7 ish.

But in a perfect world a rinne or lundqvist for Husso to backup for a year or two as we some serious runs at a cup

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
My thought was Bob somewhere around 7 ish.

But in a perfect world a rinne or lundqvist for Husso to backup for a year or two as we some serious runs at a cup

Bob rightfully will command more as a UFA with the Price deal. Bergevin kind of set the bar there for elite goalies.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Eentsy teentsy bit. Toronto was my favorite team in the east last year, despite their insufferable fans. I’ll be rooting for them, such a historic franchise. Fan base is incredibly penetrating and massive and passionate they kinda deserve a cup as well. Tavares makes them even more enticing to watch.
Yeah, I don't mind Toronto. Their fanbase gets a bad rap but it's only because there's so many of them since it's such a huge hockey market. But they have a lot of cool, knowledgeable fans as well, so they definitely more than make up for the bad apples. There are definitely way worse fanbases.

I'd be ecstatic for a Blues vs. Leafs Cup. :D Would be a great series.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Yeah, I don't mind Toronto. Their fanbase gets a bad rap but it's only because there's so many of them since it's such a huge hockey market. But they have a lot of cool, knowledgeable fans as well, so they definitely more than make up for the bad apples. There are definitely way worse fanbases.

I really enjoy watching them, Washington, and Tampa play. Now that we got ROR, I’ll be way less bitter to see JT play with them.

When I was in Vegas watching game 5 outside, I told my roommate it was gonna be a Blues/Leafs cup final...mainly cuz of the potential offseasons and the SC droughts. Now it seems like a real legit possibility.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

I really enjoy watching them, Washington, and Tampa play. Now that we got ROR, I’ll be way less bitter to see JT play with them.

When I was in Vegas watching game 5 outside, I told my roommate it was gonna be a Blues/Leafs cup final...mainly cuz of the potential offseasons and the SC droughts. Now it seems like a real legit possibility.

Eh, I'd still prefer a Blues/Sabres or Blues/Canadiens Final.

Xanadude

Jun 12, 2018
Ballwin
That's the point. My dream matchup is against a really terrible team, that way it's a lot easier to win. Obviously 0% chance of that miracle happening.
My dream matchup is an exorcism: Sharks > Kings > Preds > Bruins (Orr).

Used to be wild (2015) > Hawks > Kings > Red Wings, but that's super unlikely at this point and we've already paid the wild and hawks back.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
That would defeat the whole purpose of winning a cup in my book. You have to earn it.
You know, the Blues would have had to beat three other teams in order to get to the hypothetical scenario.

It’s not like the cup wasn’t earned even if the Blues would beat a supposedly bad team.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012

I was at the game too! lol

Reactions: CaliBlues710

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I think us beating JT in a Cup Finals would be really funny. “Oh we’re not deserving of a meeting huh?”
I know you're joking, but Tavares done us a favour. He was obviously pretty set on going to Toronto, the meetings were seeing if anyone could persuade him otherwise.

Leaving us off the list let Armstrong focus on getting the work done that got us ROR, Bozak and Perron.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007

I would very much love to see us shut Toronto down in a Cup Final. We already handle that team well and now with ROR as the primary shut down center...yeah that would be a great Final. It's funny because I'm sure there were many of us that thought of that matchup over the last couple days after the Leafs signed Tavares and we traded for ROR. We're looking to get back into the PO picture and compete for a Cup and they are looking to take that next step as well. 2 Championship starved fan bases makes for a great storyline.

Reactions: CaliBlues710

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
My dream matchup is an exorcism: Sharks > Kings > Preds > Bruins (Orr).

Used to be wild (2015) > Hawks > Kings > Red Wings, but that's super unlikely at this point and we've already paid the wild and hawks back.
I just want to beat the sharks, especially after the whole JT fiasco...granted they were correct that he liked them but they were real cocky about that medicore team....and now no Tavares..... I'd like the Blues to smack them out of the playoffs

A Real Barn Burner

Apr 25, 2016
I just want to beat the sharks, especially after the whole JT fiasco...granted they were correct that he liked them but they were real cocky about that medicore team....and now no Tavares..... I'd like the Blues to smack them out of the playoffs

Agree and despite beating them in 2012. Still feel like we owe them more for 2000 and 2001. Still holding a grudge lol.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Friedman speculating Parayko may still be on block with Tampa potential destination. Seems unlikely post-ROR, unless team has really soured on him (he certainly didn't have his best year). I am going to assume that Stamkos and Kucherov are off limits, but they obviously would be great addition to any team. Would we swap Parayko for Sergachev? Would they?

Ultimately Parayko is less valuable to us than to others because he is trapped behind Petro and this could be way to transform that. Kinda jumbles our pairs, but my sense is some of our lefties are comfortable on right side and could give us big offensive boost on back end. We would presumably have to take salary for it to work for Tampa. They have Hedman and McDonough on left and much less talent on right so could see how might make sense for them.

Can't say this is bloody likely, but food for thought.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Friedman speculating Parayko may still be on block with Tampa potential destination. Seems unlikely post-ROR, unless team has really soured on him (he certainly didn't have his best year). I am going to assume that Stamkos and Kucherov are off limits, but they obviously would be great addition to any team. Would we swap Parayko for Sergachev? Would they?

Ultimately Parayko is less valuable to us than to others because he is trapped behind Petro and this could be way to transform that. Kinda jumbles our pairs, but my sense is some of our lefties are comfortable on right side and could give us big offensive boost on back end. We would presumably have to take salary for it to work for Tampa. They have Hedman and McDonough on left and much less talent on right so could see how might make sense for them.

Can't say this is bloody likely, but food for thought.

Where did he say this? I check Twitter and didn't see anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad