Blues Trade Proposals 2018-2019 - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I doubt they'd move Rakell, but I've said that about Montour and they shipped him out. I think the rub would be Schenn would need to be re-signed, and he's gonna warrant some sizeable money. And he's kind of an oddly aged player for them to grab. Wouldn't they rather have a cheaper, younger player in Rakell? Because they're a little up against the cap with Perry and Getz contracts and Silf re-signed. Fowler I don't think is anything special, but they'd want something better than Eddy who is playing like a 7th D and one of our interchangable 4th liners. I think the add in that deal, unless Schenn takes a below-market contract, is a 1st. And as much as I'd love to upgrade D, we need to stop dealing 1sts eventually. The cupboard is already pretty bare. I just don't think we're good partners for them. They could easily get better offers from other teams. I'd still love to deal Schenn to Boston for one of their young LD.
If it is Lauzon, Vaakanainan or even Zboril, I'd be interested too. The problem is Bruins fans keep trying to fob off their smurf Gryz on us. I am not interested in Gryz (or Krug!) and watching the playoffs has only bolstered my opinion.

Reactions: sfvega

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
If it is Lauzon, Vaakanainan or even Zboril, I'd be interested too. The problem is Bruins fans keep trying to fob off their smurf Gryz on us. I am not interested in Gryz (or Krug!) and watching the playoffs has only bolstered my opinion.

I'd love Vaak or Lauzon. I'd take Zboril, but they'd have to add to that to me. We're good trade partners though. I completely agree with you about Gryz. There is a reason he's the odd man out to that fanbase. I don't want their spare parts.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Okay for some reason I thought Rakell was gonna need a raise sooner, that’s my bad.

I brought up Schenn because I know he’ll probably want to go back to center(which he can’t here next year probably), and I could see him as someone who’d enjoy living in Southern California.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
left side worries me going forward. bo could be done any year, gunnar is looking to be getting worse and is a ufa this year. hopefully edmundson bounces back, or there could be a real issue there.

i have no clue what the future of perunovich looks like, barely ever seen him.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
left side worries me going forward. bo could be done any year, gunnar is looking to be getting worse and is a ufa this year. hopefully edmundson bounces back, or there could be a real issue there.

When’s the last time DA dipped into the free agent market for a d-man (a starter d-man)? I can’t think of any FA top 6 d-man signings (not including our own players who were going to hit the FA market).

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
When’s the last time DA dipped into the free agent market for a d-man (a starter d-man)? I can’t think of any FA top 6 d-man signings (not including our own players who were going to hit the FA market).
Last one I can think of is Wade Redden lol. Also Kent Huskins.

Yeah, not many. He usually makes trades there. But also shows how well we’ve drafted there as well.

Reactions: tfriede2

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Whenever we seem to have a glaring weakness at forward or defense, Army usually solves it that off-season. I’d be willing to bet we trade for a really good LHD to play with Petro this summer.

TBA-Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester-Parayko
Dunn-Bortuzzo
Del Zotto?

I’d expect that Bo and Bortz will get replaced in the lineup by Reinke and Mikkola over the next season or two as well.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011

I wouldn't be overly concerned.

If Bouwmeester doesn't have hip issues going into the summer then I don't think there is a reason to be worried about him.

When it comes to Gunnarsson it is a pretty simple choice of whether to give him a one year deal or go get someone else in UFA. If we're looking for Edmundson to bounce back then Gunnarsson, or his replacement, would be the 7th anyway.

If Edmundson struggles again next year then we can pick up a rental at the deadline and we'll know where we stand going into the summer.

If Bouwmeester can get through the next 2 seasons, we're fine irrespective of how Edmundson performs. We really need Bouwmeester (or Edmundson) to play to a high standard over the next 2 years though, beyond that we can solve things via trade.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
If the Pens get eliminated early and make changes this off season would anyone be interested in Kessel? I'm not sure if his contract status but assuming he came cheap enough does he get paid to much to fit our team or is he to old? I mean he just had a PPG season after all. Throw him on wing with Thomas centering.

If you don't mind me saying I also thought the Blues would have made a great move getting Kessel when Toronto traded him to Pitt. IMO he was definitely what the Blues needed

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
The Blues IMO need an elite forward to help VT.. If they'd get a Panarin to complement VT
Or get a Duchesne.

Reactions: shmotz

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
The Blues IMO need an elite forward to help VT.. If they'd get a Panarin to complement VT
Or get a Duchesne.

Panarin would work great with Thomas. Tarasenko isn’t a player that needs or thrives off having a setup center because for the most part he creates his own offense.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Panarin would work great with Thomas. Tarasenko isn’t a player that needs or thrives off having a setup center because for the most part he creates his own offense.

I wasn't implying on the same line.. meant to give Tarasenko an additional "game breaker" and the fact that they're countrymen can't hurt

Another plan they can do is
Follow closely the Point /marner and maybe make an offer sheet if they are not signed ..
The thing is and correct me if I'm wrong the Blues don't open the "vault" .
I think Point would suit the Blues better.
Compensation would be what
4 first rders. Most if not all would be late first rders

Last edited:

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
We aren't in a position to offer sheet an elite player. The only way to get an elite player by offer sheet is over pay in salary, and in doing so you're giving up the assets that best allow you to keep your overall cap down.

I doubt that Panarin has any interest in signing here, although who knows if how we finish the season would have an impact on that. The most likely names we'll go after are Eberle and Duchene. I'm not a fan of Eberle, but Armstrong has tried to add him more than once.

Reactions: ScratchCatFever

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
If it were my decision, i think Left Defense at the top end of the depth chart is a much bigger need than secondary scoring.

Maroon - Bozak - Thomas has been fantastic. Once this team started to develop an identity they have played much better. I would really like for next year the team to give ROR less playing time. He looks gassed and i'm sure he is. I would like to see his reg season minutes lowered a bit to try and keep him a little fresher for playoffs. We are in a fantastic position right now though. The only areas of concern i have going forward are 1. The next expansion draft and who is taken. 2. A first pairing left defensemen who is trust worthy to eat the minutes and is at least relevant in two-way play. I'm completely fine with JBo getting the minutes he does, however we all know he isn't going to put up more than 20 points playing 20-25 a night. 3. I love Binnington and what he has done, however it would be unwise to not consider the possibility that he may be a flash in the pan. Would really like a backup plan to him. I think we can all agree that Jake Allen isn't the answer, however he is more than suitable as a backup if Binnington can continue to play at this level.

Reactions: ScratchCatFever

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
If the Blues did manage to get a Cup this year, I wonder if Bouwmeester might just retire. I probably would in that situation.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
If the Blues did manage to get a Cup this year, I wonder if Bouwmeester might just retire. I probably would in that situation.

No because then he f***s the team over. He signed his extention after the age of 35 which means if he retires we're still on the hook for the cap hit.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I think Army will have to make a decision on Edmundson. Will he be a top 4 guy or a 3rd pair guy going forward. Should we look to move him for an upgrade. Maybe a younger rebuilding team would move him for a vet that's a little better.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I am not to up to date with left handed D around the league, anyone you guys would target?

It really depends on what we want. Upgrade LHD is kind of vague. Our LHD is pretty good except we don't have a true high end LHD or consistency. Dunn, Edmundson, JBo and even Gunnar CAN all play like a solid middle pair or even low-end top pair when they are on their game. But due to inexperience for the younger two and injuries for the older, they do not play that way consistently. It will be really difficult to actually upgrade on any of them when looking at how they should play without spending a ton, either in an expensive UFA contract or trade. If we merely want to inject some certainty at the expense of potential, there may be options. But just saying upgrade LHD isn't saying a whole lot to me.

To get a high-end guy, we'd have to trade a top-end forward and I don't think we can afford to do that. We need another game breaking forward, not to get rid of one. If we could swap Fowler for Schenn and replace Schenn with a gamebreaker in free agency, sure. But I don't think a pending UFA gets us what we need for a true upgrade.

Not sure who might break loose in trade, so I can't really suggest too many trade targets.

Potential Targets through UFA:
Gardiner - He's going to get overpaid as he is the best offensive D in free agency. Expect $6M+ which is too much for what he brings. But he is a 40+ point LHD who can log big minutes and play decent D
Edler - Cheaper and not as good version of Gardiner; however, if we want consistency in the D zone, this is not the LHD we are looking for.
Chiarot - Much more consistent but tops out as a mid pairing guy. Won't solve our high-end issue.

Reactions: Xerloris

Winnington99

Apr 24, 2019
Unpopular opinion here!!

But what I’d we managed to land Jordan. E in the off season. Gives us another pure goal scorer, and ultimately adds depth. Our top 9 would look like this I believe.

ROR
Tarasenko
Schwartz
Schenn
Thomas
Eberle
Perron
Sundqvist
Bozak

Absolutely filthy.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Unpopular opinion here!!

But what I’d we managed to land Jordan. E in the off season. Gives us another pure goal scorer, and ultimately adds depth. Our top 9 would look like this I believe.

ROR
Tarasenko
Schwartz
Schenn
Thomas
Eberle
Perron
Sundqvist
Bozak

Absolutely filthy.
We are soft enough as it is. I want no part of Jordan Eberle. There are better RW's out there on July 1. Zuccarello, Nyquist, Smith-Pelly, even Simmonds. Heck, I'd take a flyer on Brouwer before Eberle!

Last edited:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
We are soft enough as it is. I want no part of Jordan Eberle. There are better RW's out there on July 1. Zuccarello, Nyquist, Smith-Pelly, even Simmonds. Heck, I'd take a flyer on Brouwer before Eberle!
This post makes absolutely no sense. You complain that the Blues are “soft” and then your first suggested player is one of the smallest, softest players in the league??? Brouwer has been a horrific player for 5 years and you’d rather have that than a consistent 20 goal scorer? I don’t want Eberle, but he’s sure help us a hell of a lot more than Brouwer, Simmonds, or DSP would.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Unpopular opinion here!!

ROR
Tarasenko
Schwartz
Schenn
Thomas
Eberle
Perron
Sundqvist
Bozak

Absolutely filthy.
I wouldn't be surprised if we try and get Eberle in the summer, but I really don't like the idea.

He's 29 and he doesn't play in a way that I'd be betting on him to be effective into his 30's. Even now he doesn't have the same dynamic offensive game that he did 4 years ago. For a "pure goalscorer" he is going to give you ~20 goals and be a liability at times.

The only way I want anything to do with the bigger names in the UFA market is if Panarin or Duchene want to sign here, or other players are wanting to give us a Bozak or Perron type deal.

Otherwise we have Fabbri, Blais & Kyrou to push for a top-9 role and the possibility of bringing Maroon back. If we end up needing more depth at forward we can add something at the deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad