Blues Trade Proposals 2018-2019 - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
Hayes is a third line player, so no I dont want him.

Zuccarello is a good player and would be a fantastic replacement if they move out Schwartz.

I would avoid Hayes. 71 games 55 pts. Was on a 1 year 5.175 AAV.

He will probably get 6+ easily and he isn't worth that IMO.

Zucco I wouldn't mind at at all.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Zuccarello was someone I wanted the Blues to make an offer on at the trade deadline before Dallas acquired him. I think he'd be a good fit here for our roster, if he doesn't resign in Dallas, we will hopefully talk to him.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
They want to get rid of Neal and his contract and they are gonna need a goalie. Something alone those lines I could see happening.
I really want to get back into the 1st round. Neal's cap hit is a lot to take on, but I think it would be worth it for the pick and to unload Allen. The problem is, I don't see Calgary giving up that 1st.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
... and then we would have to find a back up goalie quickly.
Tons of goalies that can backup as free agents.

If Blues made this move then I think chances are Maroon is not resigned or Fabbri is moved also.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Pass on anything that results in the Blues getting stuck with Neal’s contract.
But you also get a 1st round pick and get rid of Allens contract too.

And I think Neal can easily bounce back and be a 30 goal, 50 point player again.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO

And I think Neal can easily bounce back and be a 30 goal, 50 point player again.
I think there’s other ways to recoup a first or get out of Allen’s contract personally. And I think you and I have very different projections for Neal’s future, so that’s probably a big part of our differing opinions on that. I’m all for getting a first rounder back somehow though.

Reactions: ScratchCatFever

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018

I think that would be a stretch at this point in his career, maybe not impossible if he were playing next to McDavid who nearly made Maroon a 30 goal scorer. Most guys who are over 30 and have struggled the last 2-3 years of their career and been healthy scratches at times for lack of production usually don't magically flip a switch.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
No interest in James Neal, at least on the face of it. Four more years at $5.75m for a player that has hit 45 points once in the past 5 seasons? Sure, part of that is down to missing games and his PPG is better than that, but at 32 going into next season there isn't much reason to assume he'll be healthier over the next four seasons than he has over the past five.

I'm sure that Neal will be better next season than he was this, but that's an extremely low bar to clear.

If Steen was going out in a separate deal, then Neal & 1st for Allen could make more sense.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
James Neal is signed at 5.75 until 2023. We don’t like Steens contract and will like Neal’s even less.
You like Allen's contract who is one of the worst NHL goaltender and have 3 more years with 4.350mill.$? That contract is horrendous.

Reactions: STLomacneko

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Neal is a cap dump that's going to take more than a 1st round pick at ~20 for me to even remotely be interested. 4 years is an insane amount of term to take for a cap dump

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
Flames retain 1.75M. Blues could retain on Allen. Makes Neal's cap hit more manageable.

I'd want no part at 5.75M

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
You like Allen's contract who is one of the worst NHL goaltender and have 3 more years with 4.350mill.$? That contract is horrendous.

It's absolutely fine when you consider how little Binnington will make.

The price we are paying for our top 2 goalies next year is still dirt cheap. Just pretend Binnington makes 4+ million next year and you'll be happier.

Besides, Allen was tremendous as the backup goalie. .927 save percentage in his 12 games from Jan 14 til the end of the season.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Not to mention....Neal would also be in our top 9....which i don't want AT ALL... pass... would rather move allen to a Edmonton, carolina or detroit or whoever for conditional picks/prospects....

Also, our organizational goaltending depth is low key becoming pretty solid....If Binner continues to be Binner.......without allen, we still have coreau, hopefully Healthy Husso, Fitzpatrick and Hofer...... 3 decent looking lottery tickets IMO with the young trio.

If we can move allen and pick up a guy like a Mcelhenney or some old still decent cheap backup that wants to play on a winning team......we could be in great shape

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I’ll be honest. I don’t see the need to jettison Allen just for the sake of doing it. No one wants to rely on him to be the number one guy, but he’s still an NHL goaltender. I’d much rather hand the reigns to him if Binny gets injured than the McBackups of the world though. When Allen’s contract is up sure, send him on his way. But retaining on him or packaging him with picks to get rid of him doesn’t seem necessary to me.

Reactions: Balloon

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
I agree. No reason to throw good money out after bad. He has just two years left and we are not hurting for cap space yet, so having him as a backup isn't a terrible option. if we retain and trade him, then we are really no better off cap wise then if he had just kept him after we sign another backup.

Now if we need to sign JB to a large contract..... then we have issues, but I think as an RFA, our only worry is offer sheet, but he isn't exactly the type to get one with players like Point, Kapanen etc.. out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad