Blues Trade Proposals 2018-2019 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Everyone is focusing on who we should trade away, but what tough, nasty D-man could we realistically trade for? We need some grit back there, no doubt. Someone like McQuaid, perhaps, who the Rangers didn't pay much to acquire in the offseason?

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Everyone is focusing on who we should trade away, but what tough, nasty D-man could we realistically trade for? We need some grit back there, no doubt. Someone like McQuaid, perhaps, who the Rangers didn't pay much to acquire in the offseason?
We've grit at AHL just call up.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
That's Bortozzo.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
That's Bortozzo.

Eh, I'm aiming a bit higher. Sure, Borts is tough but I don't think he can really affect a game that much. I'm thinking someone more like Gudas, who can go off at any time. Not him specifically, but that type of tough guy. We all know Reaves was so great for this team's morale because how can you not get fired up playing alongside that guy? We need someone to provide a similar spark.

As for the AHL Ranksu, I'm looking forward to seeing Mikkola on the big club but I don't know if it's wise to throw him into this mess right now! And rookies don't generally bring the kind of impact I think we need.

Note fan in Big D

Oct 22, 2008
Texas
What would Brady ($3.425 Mil AAV) and Matthew Tkachuk ($925,000 AAV) cost the Blues?

Do you just wait until free agency down the road?

If Tarasenko ($8 Mil AAV) is included in one of those deals, would that also help get a d-man in return from Ottawa/Calgary?

Last edited:

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
Eh, I'm aiming a bit higher. Sure, Borts is tough but I don't think he can really affect a game that much. I'm thinking someone more like Gudas, who can go off at any time. Not him specifically, but that type of tough guy. We all know Reaves was so great for this team's morale because how can you not get fired up playing alongside that guy? We need someone to provide a similar spark.

As for the AHL Ranksu, I'm looking forward to seeing Mikkola on the big club but I don't know if it's wise to throw him into this mess right now! And rookies don't generally bring the kind of impact I think we need.
I agree. Mikkola needs to fill out at least 10 lbs. to his frame before having a legitimate shot as an every night defender. At camp he was listed at 185 while standing 6'4. He may get tossed around like a rag doll out there.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
What would Brady ($3.425 Mil AAV) and Matthew Tkachuk ($925,000 AAV) cost the Blues?

Do you just wait until free agency down the road?

If Tarasenko ($8 Mil AAV) is included in one of those deals, would that also help get a d-man in return from Ottawa/Calgary?

People need to stop posting about Trading Vladdy..... Not only would it be stupid, you would also be trading a player when his value is the lowest its ever been, That is how GMs get fired.

Reactions: Dbrownss

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Part of me honestly wonders if we do talk to Toronto about Nylander, in the form of a big shakeup move.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Part of me honestly wonders if we do talk to Toronto about Nylander, in the form of a big shakeup move.

Toronto is tied for 1st in the East, what do they need to shake-up? If they need anything its a RHD. How are we better swapping Parayko or Pietrangelo for Nylander? What type of shake-up deal are you thinking? Coaching and goal-tending are our problems. Maybe defense. Not sure how Nylander addresses any of that.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Toronto is tied for 1st in the East, what do they need to shake-up? If they need anything its a RHD. How are we better swapping Parayko or Pietrangelo for Nylander? What type of shake-up deal are you thinking? Coaching and goal-tending are our problems. Maybe defense. Not sure how Nylander addresses any of that.
It was just me thinking out loud. Army isn't that big on shakeup deals, and the Nylander situation would have to devolve first, so I don't see it happening. If we don't seriously recover by game 15/20, then I'll be curious to see what Army does. At some point, there has to be a move of player personnel. Either there is an issue, or we just flat out aren't good enough. While some of these issues are new, playing a incomplete game and losing leads have plagued this club for years.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
The absolute last thing we need to consider doing right now is trading defense for offense.

What's the going rate for a coach nowadays? Can we put Yeo on the block?

Flyers Faithful

Feb 12, 2016
Would St Louis fans be interested in a swap of Lehtera and Eliott for JayBo and Allen? Small picks added either way to balance it out

Last edited:

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Would St Louis fans be interested in a swap of Lehtera and Eliott for JayBo and Allen? Small picks added either way to balance it out
It's a tempting offer, as I'm trying to decide who I could stomach watching more between Bouwmeester and Lehtera. Ideally both would be scratched, but Yeo is gonna Yeo and have either one of them in the lineup.

At least you feel our pain.

Reactions: Grebinator
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad