Blues Trade Proposals 2018-2019 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
What kind of goaltender Bobrovsky is? Would he fit on Blues system? I know his stats have been Even worse this season then Allen, but we could dump same Time Allen away and this is Bob last year on his contract so It won't Be problem If he doesn't work out + Husso should Be ready next season.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Jake Allen for Cory Schneider?

Schneider has an additional year on his deal at 6 mil AAV versus Allen's deal at 4.35 mil AAV.

Schneider is returning from injury which puts a wrinkle on this, but Kinkaid's all but stolen the #1 job in NJ. Big risks for this deal on both sides, but I wonder if both would be willing to pull the trigger.

Reactions: CaliBlues710

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

Schneider has an additional year on his deal at 6 mil AAV versus Allen's deal at 4.35 mil AAV.

Schneider is returning from injury which puts a wrinkle on this, but Kinkaid's all but stolen the #1 job in NJ. Big risks for this deal on both sides, but I wonder if both would be willing to pull the trigger.
Considering he cant be worse then Allen. Sure...Blues would have to clear some cap though.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
We’d probably have to include a cap dump and a decent prospect like maybe Walman to entice them
I think the Blues could unload one of Boumeester/Gunnarson to make room. I wouldn't pay much of anything as the Blues are clearing cap for the Devils and banking on Schneider to not suck. Watching Allen tonight......he was awful and cant blame anyone but himself.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I think the Blues could unload one of Boumeester/Gunnarson to make room. I wouldn't pay much of anything as the Blues are clearing cap for the Devils and banking on Schneider to not suck. Watching Allen tonight......he was awful and cant blame anyone but himself.

I just wouldn’t expect them to take Allen and a cap dump without acquiring a decent prospect in return.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I haven’t followed Schneider much, so if he’s been terrible maybe you’re right.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I just wouldn’t expect them to take Allen and a cap dump without acquiring a decent prospect in return.
I'd look to move one of those guys in a separate deal. If not Blues are on the hook for money longer, so I'd just do the swap.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I haven’t followed Schneider much, so if he’s been terrible maybe you’re right.
I don't he's been bad without reason, I'm pretty sure he's been injury prone lately which has affected his game. However, I haven't paid close enough attention to the Devils or done my research to confirm that, so take this post with caution.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I don't he's been bad without reason, I'm pretty sure he's been injury prone lately which has affected his game. However, I haven't paid close enough attention to the Devils or done my research to confirm that, so take this post with caution.
Feel like he had surgery over the summer for lingering issue. Hip maybe?

Reactions: mk80

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada

Absolutely! Blues would need to dump some $$ though.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.

I’m a big fan of a Schneider for Allen deal. I think Cory still has it and would be an excellent fit for our team. Blues need a positional goalie, and I think our team would trust him more than Jake. Not to mention, he was fantastic against Tampa this past spring in the playoffs. Only problem was, so was Vasilevskiy.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I’m a big fan of a Schneider for Allen deal. I think Cory still has it and would be an excellent fit for our team. Blues need a positional goalie, and I think our team would trust him more than Jake. Not to mention, he was fantastic against Tampa this past spring in the playoffs. Only problem was, so was Vasilevskiy.

Yeah Schneider's very hit or miss.

He's been mediocre the past couple years. Started off 2017-18 strong, but he was atrocious in the second half of the year and didn't win a game in 2018 until Game 3 of the SCF.

Supposedly, his hip injury has been lingering for a while now. Devils have taken his recovery ridiculously slow as he was trying to get his way into pre-season action yet they didn't give him game action until this past week on a conditioning stint. Should be interesting to see how Schneider looks when he returns and what role the Devils give him. As of right now, Kinkaid hasn't given a single reason to give up the #1 spot.

His play hasn't been much better than Allen the past two years. I just think Blues and Allen could use a change of scenery and the Devils may prefer the cap relief and shorter term if they decide Kinkaid is the guy going forward.

Reactions: shpongle falls

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Yeah Schneider's very hit or miss.

He's been mediocre the past couple years. Started off 2017-18 strong, but he was atrocious in the second half of the year and didn't win a game in 2018 until Game 3 of the SCF.

Supposedly, his hip injury has been lingering for a while now. Devils have taken his recovery ridiculously slow as he was trying to get his way into pre-season action yet they didn't give him game action until this past week on a conditioning stint. Should be interesting to see how Schneider looks when he returns and what role the Devils give him. As of right now, Kinkaid hasn't given a single reason to give up the #1 spot.

His play hasn't been much better than Allen the past two years. I just think Blues and Allen could use a change of scenery and the Devils may prefer the cap relief and shorter term if they decide Kinkaid is the guy going forward.

Yeah I figured this hip injury has been lingering for a lot longer than people probably realize. I fully believe both would benefit from changes of scenery and play style. Allen would be solid I think being back in a time share situation with Kinkaid.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
I'm down for an Allen-Scheider trade. I think Allen could be one of the better backups in the league or a solid 1b option, just don't see him as 60 games starter type goalie. When he's on he's really good but he's way too inconsistent.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Yeah I figured this hip injury has been lingering for a lot longer than people probably realize. I fully believe both would benefit from changes of scenery and play style. Allen would be solid I think being back in a time share situation with Kinkaid.

That would be the thought process.

Blues are comfortable with the 6 million salary anticipating Schneider as a starter. Devils are more comfortable with Allen's salary anticipating him being a tandem goalie.

Although he's in a business role, Devils also have Brodeur around which may help Allen. He also gets a fresh start, with new faces, and a chance to find his game against in a market where he won't have a ton of pressure.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
That would be the thought process.

Blues are comfortable with the 6 million salary anticipating Schneider as a starter. Devils are more comfortable with Allen's salary anticipating him being a tandem goalie.

Although he's in a business role, Devils also have Brodeur around which may help Allen. He also gets a fresh start, with new faces, and a chance to find his game against in a market where he won't have a ton of pressure.

I didn’t even think about him being back with Marty. Honestly, this deal seems like a match made in heaven for both teams, and I wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve had a deal lined up just waiting for Schneider to be healthy.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
Allen 1.25M retained and Gunnarsson for Schneider. Would add a lesser prospect as a sweetener. Seems like a good deal for both teams.

EDIT: Even salary trade

Reactions: CaliBlues710

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Allen 1.25M retained and Gunnarsson for Schneider. Would add a lesser prospect as a sweetener. Seems like a good deal for both teams.

EDIT: Even salary trade

Devils don't really need Gunnarsson, but if there was that type of retention on Allen's deal, I think they'd take him as a back-up LD.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I didn’t even think about him being back with Marty. Honestly, this deal seems like a match made in heaven for both teams, and I wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve had a deal lined up just waiting for Schneider to be healthy.

It's a deal I could see being very realistic, but is very ballsy for both sides. Seems like the type of deal where both GMs will sigh heavily before agreeing -- not much different than the Henrique-Vatanen deal.

For Armstrong, I could see it as a last ditch effort to save his job. For Shero, his seat is comfortable enough and he's shown the willingness to take risks via trade that I think he goes for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad