Confirmed with Link: Blues sign David Perron (4 years @ $4m)

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
None, let kids play and draft high next season. Trade away this off-season Berglund, Sobotka for 2019 2nd/3rd round pick(s). Re-evaluate Jbo and Gunnar at TDL and trade them to pick(s), keep one of injurlyslump secure. Re-evaluate Steen + at TDL and try to get return 1st round. (+ maybe Jbo / Gunnar and retain their salary)

Make a big blash next draft and off-season.

Blues isn't with Perron or another 'meh' center contender. (Bozak) We'll just fall wild card spot or 1st round and exit. With having another ~15 pick is 'meh'. Draft high one year, like Chicago did and rebound back in the game.

and I know that isn't realistic thing to happend, but in my head that is only possible thing how we could reach to contender status and have chance to win Stanley Cup.

Fair enough. I get what you are saying but on the other hand, even if we move the guys we don't need I still think a team with Pietrangelo, Tarasenko, Schwartz, Schenn, etc. is not bad enough to get a really high pick unless we get lucky in the lottery. Are the Blues really bad enough right now to warrant a re-build? Maybe you think so but I bet most people would disagree.

And what about the business side of things? Everyone focuses on the hockey side, but this is still a business. The team has been spending a lot of money to try and build up this team, so changing direction now would probably be a bitter pill for ownership to swallow. And St. Louis fans won't buy as many tickets if the team basically gives up on a season. Can the team afford to do that? That's a tough sell to your loyal fans to say that they will just have to be patient and wait for the future when the team has been pretty good as recently as last year. Chicago won Cups so their fans could probably accept an off year or two, don't see it as an equal comparison.

Yeah, Perron doesn't mean so much but he's a better option than Bergie, Sobi, Jaskin, etc. If Fabbri can return, our top 9 already looks much better than last year. And perhaps there is another trade coming, which is why Army wanted to add another winger in Perron.

No matter what, it's a bit early to start predicting what is going to happen next season. And there is no guarantee a "big splash" will be available next offseason any more than this one.

Reactions: The Note in MI

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
LMAO what?

Ok I guess the contract isn't bad, 4M AAV is pretty solid for Perron but 4 years is too rich for my blood. Him being a RH shot is a plus though. I really hope we have trade lined up for one of Berglund/Sobotka now.

Gotta admit, the relationship between the Blues and Perron is hilarious. The Blues have traded and exposed him, yet he keeps coming back.

Is there any possibility both sides saw this as a possibility even before Perron signed his 2-year deal two years ago? I thought it was kind of curious that he only signed a 2-year deal. Not saying they planned it all in advance, but maybe Army said "look we might have to expose you in the expansion draft, but we'll only make it a two-year deal so you'll have flexibility after that first year with Vegas."

Just a thought, I sometimes overthink things.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I like it. 4 million is an absolute steal for a top six winger. Term is a bit long but he just turned 30 and it’s rare to sign a UFA to a below market deal for his production. Good insurance policy if the kids struggle.

Reactions: CaliBlues710

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
I wonder if this allows the Blues not to spend to the cap, play some kids, then go all in either at the TDL or UFA next year with the available cap space?

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
Maybe ROR and his 1 penalty can balance Perron's lack of discipline?

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Is there report what was his injury end of regular season and was it same at playoffs too?

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I don’t get it.

I don’t realize why he keeps signing here either. Glad he likes it here but we traded him the first time and left him exposed in the expansion draft the second time.

This is odd.

Don’t get me wrong, the value is fine. But he has 4 career playoff goals. I would rather give someone else a shot.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
I don’t get it.

I don’t realize why he keeps signing here either. Glad he likes it here but we traded him the first time and left him exposed in the expansion draft the second time.

This is odd.

The guy has played on 6 different teams. Maybe he considers the Blues his best fit. Obviously he has never burned any bridges with the Blues management.

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
I'm a bigger fan of the Bozak signing than this one, but he does help provide some flexibility with lineup construction. He can move up and down the lineup and play either wing. 4 years is the questionable part but as others have said, he's probably getting exposed in the next expansion draft anyway so the term won't matter.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Blues trade Bozak to Seattle for a 4th rounder so that they take Perron in the draft, who both proceed to be PPG players on the expansion team. :sarcasm:

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
RHS, Can play either wing, can be decen as 2nd line wing but a,so drop to 3rd, so checks a few boxes. Good AAv, a little long on the term. But if we move Berglund, its same length and only $150k more with hoepfully less NTC protection.

I think he signs with us, not because he likes the Blues, but because he has a career year wherever we trade him. First 57 in Edmonton, then 66 in Vegas.

Chojin

Tiny Panger...
Apr 6, 2011
I was upset when we exposed Perron in the draft, but I guess it all worked out. Like others have said, the term is probably a little much, but you can't argue with the salary, and it's nice to be able to bring our prospects along slowly.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Schwartz-Schenn-Tarasenko
Fabbri-Bozak-Perron
Steen-Thomas-Kyrou
Bergy-Barb-Sobotka

Doesnt look bad.
I think you have to split Thomas and Kyrou this first year from a defensive responsibility standpoint. And I wouldn't put Kyrou with Bozak either.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
I think you have to split Thomas and Kyrou this first year from a defensive responsibility standpoint. And I wouldn't put Kyrou with Bozak either.
I had forgot Steen but Thomas is no slouch defensively either. We've ran with two rookies on the 3rd line multiple times with arguably less talent than Kyrou and Thomas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad