Confirmed with Link: Blues sign David Perron (4 years @ $4m)

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Definitely didn’t see that coming, but we basically have two openings on RW on the third and second lines. I don’t have a big problem with it. Insurance if Kyrou doesn’t step in. The 4 years is interesting though - he might be exposed again in the Seattle draft!

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
The relationship that won't end. I wonder what type of NMC he got so he isn't heading to Seattle next summer.

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
I scoffed at the idea he’d come back for a 3rd marriage. I was, as is often the case, wrong. Probably best to not listen to a word I say, but also probably not going to stop posting.

This much is clear, David Perron doesn’t have any concerns about the city of St. Louis.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
I am shockingly okay with this. I can't think of someone who fits our need on the RW more then him. He also just had a 66 point season and I was expecting it to be a 5.5-6 mill a year contract. 4x4's term isn't amazing, but he could be a good fit on Schenn and Schwartz's line.

So, yeah, modest thumbs up for me.

Reactions: tfriede2

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I don't hate it. I don't particularly like it either.

He is a 45-50 point RHS winger. We've signed him at below market rate. 4 years is too long, but if we've front loaded the deal then he will be easy to move if we need to.

The only issue is whether there is going to be a NTC or NMC. I imagine that there will be some sort of limited NTC.

If the choice is giving up premium assets for a 60 point winger or getting Perron as a stop-gap until Thompson, Kyrou and Kostin are ready? I'll take Perron.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
We exposed him at the expansion draft and kept Reaves so that we could shop Reaves to Pitt for a draft pick.

I think in an alternate universe we would have exposed Reaves and kept Peron. But in this universe we ultimately kept Peron (sans one season), delt Reaves, and gained a draft pick. So in this sense, DA is a plus.

KilmKostin

Sep 28, 2017
Like th signing. People can say what they want about Perron, but he's coming off nearly a PPG season. He's a Right Winger. Our right winger depth is mediocre at best.

Makes a lot of sense, and the money is good.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Perron was few guys who get benched at Stanley Cup finals. To me he was weakest and most sluggish player on Vegas team. I would rather take Reaves with that price then 0% efford and physicality of Perron. That guy is afraid of doing hard work and note he was so close of Stanley Cup and even that didn't make him play physical game. He's decent regular season player, but when playoffs gets going and you need to put your body on the line, Perron is ghost.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Yeah, this is one of those (really, again?) signings, but the Blues have the need and the money; and Perron is one of the few options available. The term is a bit long, but I feel like he could have gotten 5 mil per year given his numbers. Not a bad signing, as it takes care of one of our needs for next season and allows our prospects to properly develop.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Perron was few guys who get benched at Stanley Cup finals. To me he was weakest and most sluggish player on Vegas team. I would rather take Reaves with that price then 0% efford and physicality of Perron. That guy is afraid of doing hard work and note he was so close of Stanley Cup and even that didn't make him play physical game. He's decent regular season player, but when playoffs gets going and you need to put your body on the line, Perron is ghost.
You realize he might have been hurt...right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad