Confirmed with Link: Blues sign David Perron (4 years @ $4m)

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I choose to not sign a free agent.

I want to play Tage Thompson or Jordan Kyrou and trade for Ryan O’Reilly.

I’ll aceept this Perron move if one of the best of other underperforming guys move. You move Berglund, fine I’ll take it.

You cant play Tage and Kyrou and ROR, because Tage and Kyrou would be included in the ROR deal.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Maybe Fabbri is a trade chip after all and Perron is some reinforcement? Idk. We still have so many freakin bottom 6ers and are running out of spots

I think there’s probably something to the Fabbri stuff at this point.

Also, if 66 points is bottom 6, then this whole league sucks pretty much.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I like Perron. Seems like a great dude, works hard, was the middle-six glue the Blues needed a couple seasons ago. Looked very good for Vegas.
Peron and work hard doesn't belong at same sentence. Player was one of the worst player at Vegas in SCF. Reason why he was scratched, he doesn't play physical game at all, he's afraid of play hard, go in the net. I only remember one goal by him where he played with his body, but without that hiccup Perron was no show at playoffs.

Reactions: Falco Lombardi

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
If people are happy with this signing, they are happy not to make to playoffs and have decent regular season.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Peron and work hard doesn't belong at same sentence. Player was one of the worst player at Vegas in SCF. Reason why he was scratched, he doesn't play physical game at all, he's afraid of play hard, go in the net. I only remember one goal by him where he played with his body, but without that hiccup Perron was no show at playoffs.
Did the coach actually say they are sitting Perron because of this?

What I actually heard from their coach was that he was hurt.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006

Stick to what you're good at: bumping old threads.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Lets be blunt, if Perron puts up one single 66 point season here it will be shocking and make that contract unquestionably worth it.

I just expect 40-50 points of solid production, and will be perfectly fine with that.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes

Yeah, he was hurt at the end of the regular season and during some of the Jets series. The scratch in the finals was technically a healthy one though, but he wasn't really 100%. Even still, he had 9 points in 15 games. The lack of goals was concerning, but he wasn't nearly as bad as people make him out to be.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland

Hurt? If that was case so be it, but he was ghost at playoffs so I guess it was right move to sit injured player at finals.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
I think there’s probably something to the Fabbri stuff at this point.

Also, if 66 points is bottom 6, then this whole league sucks pretty much.
Ha do you think I consider somebody who puts up 66 points bottom 6? Perron isn’t a 66 point player in reality. Perron is a solid 2nd/3rd line guy. Anyway, I was mostly referring to the army of berg/sob/jaskin/sundqvist/barbashev/thorb/soshnikov/etc

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
From my understanding, dude missed last handful of reg season games due to injury. Fairly easy assumption that he got re-injured in the playoffs before the final.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
With Perron we don't have change he doesn't make us hole.

I just think you have a whole in your heart. Not sure why you gotta bring everyone down in almost every thread. No one is jumping for joy over the Perron signing. Obviously if this is the only move they make, we will all be disappointed. But ya might want to wait a little longer before declaring the offseason a failure.

What FA would you have preferred?

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Don't hate the signing. 4mil a year for 4 years for a 40 point player isn't the worst thing in the world. It's also nice to actually have a RH player for the power play and middle 6 again also.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
What are the odds we sign Perron? Seems like a very Armstrong type move. I do wonder what he will command as he likely doesn’t repeat his season from this year, though 50 points is certainly attainable. He’s not exactly the guy a lot of us would be looking for but he wouldn’t cost anything but $ unlike many of our RW options. He can play PP and is a RHS. Would be someone who could play third line if we decide to upgrade at the TDL.

Schwartz Schenn Perron
Fabbri 1/2C Tarasenko
Steen Thomas 3RW

If Kyrou plays fantastic then maybe this is more palatable?

Schwartz Schenn Kyrou
Fabbri 1/2C Tarasenko
Steen Thomas Perron

Posted April 18 lmao. Not surprised by this move and not sad. We add a top 6/9 RHS for basically free. 4 years is a little much but 4 mil is a great deal. I don’t get the hate. We aren’t a Stanley cup team this year, but clearly a team with Perron on it was enough of a contender to be in the SCF...

Reactions: CaliBlues710

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I just think you have a whole in your heart. Not sure why you gotta bring everyone down in almost every thread. No one is jumping for joy over the Perron signing. Obviously if this is the only move they make, we will all be disappointed. But ya might want to wait a little longer before declaring the offseason a failure.

What FA would you have preferred?

None, let kids play and draft high next season. Trade away this off-season Berglund, Sobotka for 2019 2nd/3rd round pick(s). Re-evaluate Jbo and Gunnar at TDL and trade them to pick(s), keep one of injurlyslump secure. Re-evaluate Steen + at TDL and try to get return 1st round. (+ maybe Jbo / Gunnar and retain their salary)

Make a big blash next draft and off-season.

Blues isn't with Perron or another 'meh' center contender. (Bozak) We'll just fall wild card spot or 1st round and exit. With having another ~15 pick is 'meh'. Draft high one year, like Chicago did and rebound back in the game.

and I know that isn't realistic thing to happend, but in my head that is only possible thing how we could reach to contender status and have chance to win Stanley Cup.

Last edited:

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Posted April 18 lmao. Not surprised by this move and not sad. We add a top 6/9 RHS for basically free. 4 years is a little much but 4 mil is a great deal. I don’t get the hate. We aren’t a Stanley cup team this year, but clearly a team with Perron on it was enough of a contender to be in the SCF...

Yep.

DA so far is being smart with the money and the assets.

Once this Tavares soap opera is played out maybe there will be some good deals to make that don’t sell out our future.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
LMAO what?

Ok I guess the contract isn't bad, 4M AAV is pretty solid for Perron but 4 years is too rich for my blood. Him being a RH shot is a plus though. I really hope we have trade lined up for one of Berglund/Sobotka now.

Gotta admit, the relationship between the Blues and Perron is hilarious. The Blues have traded and exposed him, yet he keeps coming back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad