Blues Prospects Thread 2020-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Blues' drafting philosophy on goalies is what has kept them competitive in the position for a long time. Hopefully one of these guys they have can come in and earn a backup role OR Husso can settle down and get with a really good goalie coach. He has so much potential and I feel it's being wasted in a season like this.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Don't worry, I don't think you are... ;)

I've seen a few Rampage games here and there last season and I'm also trying to watch highlights where I can, however haven't seen any full Comets games yet this year so my opinion on both of them is mostly based on what I've seen from them up untill last season halted. Last season Stevens was quite effective, both offensively and defensively with the Rampage playing mostly from their 3rd line and from what I've read and seen on this years highlights he has continued this trend.

I'm not expecting Stevens to be a world beater or anything like that, but we do know that he's at least a good AHL-player. I don't think Stevens playing sheltered minutes on our 4th line is going to be a liability. To be fair, I also don't think Stevens has more potential then just that. Joshua on the other hand hasn't excited me at all in my limited viewings of him. He spend a part of last season with Tulsa in the ECHL and wasn't really standing out there. However, as I said, I haven't seen any live Comets games yet this year and it's always a possibility that Joshua found a higher gear. From what I've read he had a decent start with the Comets and had a highlight reel goal a couple of games ago.

Not sure on the leg part but I agree with playing Walker over Stevens. Don't think Walker is THAT much better then Stevens but Walker does have more experience at the NHL-level.

True, although I don't really understand what point you're trying to make. ;)

Just to be certain, I think I've also said it somewhere else, but In my view 24/25 year old skaters that are waiver eligible shouldn't be seen as prospects, which is the reason why I ranked Poganski, Stevens and Walman a lot lower then most others.

I really hope you're right on Poganski (and I'm wrong), but I haven't seen anything yet out of him that will make me think he will be better then MacEachern.
Gotta say, Joshua looking good so far.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Gotta say, Joshua looking good so far.

I've been pleasantly surprised. However, don't forget it's just 2 games. Lets hope he keeps this up and proves me wrong. to be fair: I've been wrong before: I was ready to send Sundqvist on waivers after his first season with us and accept a 3rd for Binnington after we loaned him out to the Providence Bruins. I think we can agree that we should be glad it didn't work out that way. ;)

After being a healthy scratch with the Comets at the start of this season Joshua had 3/4 games in the AHL where he's been quite good aswell. So I guess that's a good sign. Does make you think: if this is actually his level, why did he perform so poorly last season with the Rampage? I think RampageNate might be rubbing his eyes when he's watching Joshua on the TV. Is this a 'confidence-thing' or is he one of the few players that benefited from a longer off-season, having more time to work on his weaknesses?

ps. Maybe the blues swapped Joshua for his better twin brother? ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Blueston

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I've been pleasantly surprised. However, don't forget it's just 2 games. Lets hope he keeps this up and proves me wrong. to be fair: I've been wrong before: I was ready to send Sundqvist on waivers after his first season with us and accept a 3rd for Binnington after we loaned him out to the Providence Bruins. I think we can agree that we should be glad it didn't work out that way. ;)

After being a healthy scratch with the Comets at the start of this season Joshua had 3/4 games in the AHL where he's been quite good aswell. So I guess that's a good sign. Does make you think: if this is actually his level, why did he perform so poorly last season with the Rampage? I think RampageNate might be rubbing his eyes when he's watching Joshua on the TV. Is this a 'confidence-thing' or is he one of the few players that benefited from a longer off-season, having more time to work on his weaknesses?

ps. Maybe the blues swapped Joshua for his better twin brother? ;)
I’m not suggesting he will be Sunny, just that he looks like he can be solid 4th liner.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Looks like something in the lower rib area. Likely where he hit the plexiglass and the boards. But it would fit with our season right.......

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
For anyone just now checking in on the season and looking at our injury report:
giphy.gif

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
The Utica Comets added Shawn Cameron to their roster. He played for the Greenville Swamp Rabbits in the ECHL and apparantly he's on an AHL deal with the Blues.

Did some Googling and found Cameron's Linkedin page where he describes himself as 'a professional hockey player in the St.Louis Blues organization'. Also found a Twitter message by his old RIT-coach congratulating him with signing with the Blues in April.

Eventhough it's 'just' an AHL-contract, it's a bit weird to find out we apparantly signed a player somewhere in april nobody knows we signed. Makes me wonder if we have more guys in the ECHL 'secretly' on an AHL-deal with us waiting to be called up to the Comets.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
I wonder how much Duct Tape Kostin put around his shoulders?
That's what I'm worried about. This might be a playoff move rather than a sign that his shoulder is A-OK. Trying to play through a shoulder issue instead of getting ANOTHER surgery might be what Kostin would rather do considering his NHL career was always in question.

I'll look on the bright and optimistic side for now, but I'd like to see him play before I'm convinced that this was just a close call.

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
That's what I'm worried about. This might be a playoff move rather than a sign that his shoulder is A-OK. Trying to play through a shoulder issue instead of getting ANOTHER surgery might be what Kostin would rather do considering his NHL career was always in question.

I'll look on the bright and optimistic side for now, but I'd like to see him play before I'm convinced that this was just a close call.

Depends what the injury is
the way he hit the boards and with his reaction it could have just been a stinger
if it was a separation or dislocation it is doubtful he would be back on the ice
if his shoulder has instability and only partially shifted he would not have been writhing on the ice like that (I have a unstable shoulder that occasionally dislocates, so I am, unfortunately, very familiar with this)

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
To me it looked like something in the rib area. Looked like he was grabbing his side - as I think it was a injury due to the ledge.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Back onto the college kids,

Matt Kessell’s season is still alive and he had 3a in the two playoff games. UMass is playing in the finals of the Hockey East tourney.

Peterson had an assist in the loan goal in Boston’s loss. His season is done, but finished with 2a in his last two games.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Peterson had an assist in the loan goal in Boston’s loss. His season is done, but finished with 2a in his last two games.

It's weird that one players season is already done while some other players (Dickinson, Cranley) seasons haven't even started yet.

Reactions: Blueston
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad