Blues Prospects Thread 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Bokk now has 17 points in his last 24 games. Has anyone been able to watch him? I haven't been able to find any scouting reports.
That’s very impressive. Most of the guys coming out of that league that end up being good NHLers score at about .5 PPG. He looks to be right around that mark. Numbers look good I just wish I could see him play. Hard to get excited about numbers on a website. I thought he was okay in the prospect camp but didn’t really stand out like Kyrou and Thomas did(though obviously he’s a couple years younger). Would be nice to get him to the AHL next year.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
That’s very impressive. Most of the guys coming out of that league that end up being good NHLers score at about .5 PPG. He looks to be right around that mark. Numbers look good I just wish I could see him play. Hard to get excited about numbers on a website. I thought he was okay in the prospect camp but didn’t really stand out like Kyrou and Thomas did(though obviously he’s a couple years younger). Would be nice to get him to the AHL next year.
Think I’d rather he stay in Sweden. Let him star there and come over following year. Save a year on ELC and get to play in a top league against other skilled players.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Hard to get excited about a prospect who was drafted 2 years ago being point per game in a junior league over a short sample size.

He's still well shy of the PPG mark at 31 points in 45 games. Given his size advantage at 6'3 187lbs, you'd think he would be posting more impressive totals in his 2nd season in North America.

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
He's still well shy of the PPG mark at 31 points in 45 games. Given his size advantage at 6'3 187lbs, you'd think he would be posting more impressive totals in his 2nd season in North America.
I'm excited about him as a bottom 6 guy with speed.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Think I’d rather he stay in Sweden. Let him star there and come over following year. Save a year on ELC and get to play in a top league against other skilled players.
Thats fair. I think I’d rather have him here so he gets used to North American ice and the Blues have more direct control over his ice and his practices. Seems he’s getting plenty of ice in Sweden at least. Either way he’s probably a couple years away from really competing for an NHL spot so it’s not a huge deal one way or another.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Quite a few Bokk highlights (as well as other Blues prospects) on this instagram account:

Blues Prospects (@stlbluesprospects) • Instagram photos and videos

Some of the Hugh McGing highlights on there have really impressed me. That little guy can flat out fly. I'm interested to track his development and see if he can translate his game to higher pro levels, because he has some good skill and his skating acumen is undeniable.

This play made me sit up and pay attention:

Just for the record, I am in no way affiliated with this account (not trying to promote my own media interests).

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Quite a few Bokk highlights (as well as other Blues prospects) on this instagram account:

Blues Prospects (@stlbluesprospects) • Instagram photos and videos

Some of the Hugh McGing highlights on there have really impressed me. That little guy can flat out fly. I'm interested to track his development and see if he can translate his game to higher pro levels, because he has some good skill and his skating acumen is undeniable.

This play made me sit up and pay attention:

Just for the record, I am in no way affiliated with this account (not trying to promote my own media interests).

The guy that runs that account has a really good Twitter too. If I’m not mistaken he used to post here a little bit too. I agree, +1 for his work. He doesn’t have nearly as many followers as he should imo

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
Returning to this board after taking quite a bit of time off. Still followed the prospects and post on Twitter often. Happy to recognize some of the same names on here talking about the “kids”.

Out of curiosity, who were the "kids" when you were last posting here?

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Found this interesting. Thomas in his rookie year with London played 40 games, 3G 12 A, -2 and team won Memorial Cup. The next year he scored point per game and was 1st round pick. In 42 games so far this season with Blues he has 5G 12A, -4. Quite similar start. Not saying we too will win Cup this year, but I do expect he will take big step forward next season.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
Found this interesting. Thomas in his rookie year with London played 40 games, 3G 12 A, -2 and team won Memorial Cup. The next year he scored point per game and was 1st round pick. In 42 games so far this season with Blues he has 5G 12A, -4. Quite similar start. Not saying we too will win Cup this year, but I do expect he will take big step forward next season.
I'm not as optimistic for Thomas next year as other people seem to be. I definitely expect a nice jump, but I think it's a lot more likely he starts next year as our 3C than 2C like a lot of people seem to think.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I'm not as optimistic for Thomas next year as other people seem to be. I definitely expect a nice jump, but I think it's a lot more likely he starts next year as our 3C than 2C like a lot of people seem to think.
This will partly depend on where Schenn plays. If he stays at LW it is not unreasonable that Thomas can slide ahead of Bozak in the Fall.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
This will partly depend on where Schenn plays. If he stays at LW it is not unreasonable that Thomas can slide ahead of Bozak in the Fall.
Maybe, but he hasn't even been playing center recently. I could see him moving past Bozak at some point during the season, but I feel like they may want to test him out at center on the third line before giving him that much responsibility.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Maybe, but he hasn't even been playing center recently. I could see him moving past Bozak at some point during the season, but I feel like they may want to test him out at center on the third line before giving him that much responsibility.
Don't disagree.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Kyrou with a goal and a beauty of a PP assist tonight. He’s going to be such a weapon in the future.

Reactions: Itsnotatrap
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad