LeBrun: Blues open to trading Hoffman and Bozak

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Bozak's contract was bad the moment it was signed, and there's not a Blues fan who thought it was ever a good deal. He was a contributor to our Cup run, which is the only reason that contract was worth it.
He was given that contract because we thought we were out on ror. So army needed a reliable center so he over paid for bozak. Then at the 11th hour the buff gm called armstrong and army got ror. That's why bozak got 5.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Bozak's contract was bad the moment it was signed, and there's not a Blues fan who thought it was ever a good deal. He was a contributor to our Cup run, which is the only reason that contract was worth it.

Agreed 100%

My comment is more that someone actually thinks this is a scoop.

Most teams would be thrilled to trade an overpriced bottom 6 player for anything resembling an actual return.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I would think if a North team was going after him it would be now with the long quarantine period

With the news that Gallagher is LTIR and that he was interested in Hoffman this summer, Montreal seems like a legit landing place for Hoffman now

Batrous

May 4, 2016
My guess would be Hoffman to Montreal. Probably a conditional 2nd round pick going back.

Tarmore

Nov 11, 2008
You cap dump 1 year and pay more. Or ask for retention which also cost more

That's a whole lot of words that mean nothing.

Cap dump who?
Pay more how much if so does a trade work for the Leafs?
Ask for retention which costs more see above...

In short as a logical Leafs fan a big NO. Even as someone who liked Bozak when he was a Leaf.. Still no.

Batrous

May 4, 2016
I hope it's more especially in such a crappy draft and especially since blues will have to retain
Well, he's on a one year deal, he's 31 so it's unlikely if Montreal was interested in re-signing him that they would give him a long extension and as a player, he's more of a middle 6 winger these days especially on a team like Montreal that does have the advantage of having some degree of depth in the forward group. So a conditional 2nd (that could become a first or could end up being either Montreal's 2nd or Tampa's 2nd depending on the conditions would be my guess.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Yeah it was reported around 4pm central. Word on street is tor, mtl, bos. Are kicking tires. Mtl is front runner with Gallagher.

What would mtl offer for Hoffman and Dunn 50% retained?

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Really tough price to gauge. He's so good, has a good contract, and plays both wings. He's definitely worth more than a second but do you give up a first for him in this year's market?
He won't return a 1st. 21 points in 36 games and he brings nothing outside of scoring. Needs to be sheltered because of how bad is at at defending.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Yeah it was reported around 4pm central. Word on street is tor, mtl, bos. Are kicking tires. Mtl is front runner with Gallagher.

What would mtl offer for Hoffman and Dunn 50% retained?

1 +, Lekky & Mete. Maybe a 4th or something for good measure.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
He won't return a 1st. 21 points in 36 games and he brings nothing outside of scoring. Needs to be sheltered because of how bad is at at defending.

He's actually solid at back-checking, but he's sloppy with the puck on exits/in transition. If you have a spot for him with linemates who strongly push the puck up ice, you don't have to worry much about those deficiencies.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad