LeBrun: Blues open to trading Hoffman and Bozak

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
There's the connection to Burke from Toronto. So I wouldn't be shocked to see him go to Pittsburgh.
I doubt bozak goes to pitt. He doenst fit well and goes against what they say they are looking f9r for

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
I don't think TOR / Dubas want to go a really long distance just to end up where the team began: Bozak.

To give up assets for him would seem absurd.

I am a Bozak fan, but I just can't see it (even at max retention).

Reactions: jasonleaffan

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Blues and Bruins - something around Hoff/Bozak for a young LD?

Reactions: sfvega

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
scratching hoffman and saying he needs to be sheltered and put in a specific role to succeed didnt help things tradewise

bozak, idk whos taking him at his cap

im curious if armstrong is going to go for a retool on the fly or just hope they turn it around next year with the same roster

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Are the Blues really just giving up on this season?

They won the Cup two years ago, had the 2nd best record in the league at the stoppage last year and are still within striking distance for a playoff spot.

Didn't really have them pegged as sellers.
I could see this being an attempt to light a fire under the Blues. One of two things could happen, either the team starts playing like they're capable of and they climb back into a playoff spot, or they keep playing poorly and the Blues start selling. We have 3 more games before the deadline on the 12th, we'll see which team shows up in those games.

Reactions: Tender Rip

Total Bender

Unregistered User
Apr 20, 2014
Stl
I could see this being an attempt to light a fire under the Blues. One of two things could happen, either the team starts playing like they're capable of and they climb back into a playoff spot, or they keep playing poorly and the Blues start selling. We have 3 more games before the deadline on the 12th, we'll see which team shows up in those games.
Seems to me like we saw the best version of this current team in the recent games again Col and still lost. I think it's a no-brainer at this point to salvage what we can from UFAs we don't intend to re-sign and try again next year when the team is healthy.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Bozak back to the leafs would be great.
He might even come back next year on the cheap.
Kerfoot would look great in the lighter shade of blue ;)

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
What would it take to get Bouchard. Hoffman and cap dump?
That is kind of tantilizing, if you took 2 more years of Neal as that cap dump. I kinda don't see you doing that, but having Bouchard under Parayko would be affordable and incredible. And maybe we could just re-sign Barrie.

But... Maybe we could find an LTIRetirement solution on Neal.

I think I'd rather just make a straight up trade. Maybe Samorukov + a pick (not a first?). Shame that they got rid of the conditional picks based on signing, because that seems perfect for Hoffman. But maybe a conditional 1st based on playoff performance.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
I feel Nashville would be a good fit for Hoffman.
nashville should be making moves to shake up that team and pipeline, not be buyers/renters

but now that you mention it, it's a normal Poile move the last few years. he will make a trade for the sake of making a trade as always

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
That is kind of tantilizing, if you took 2 more years of Neal as that cap dump. I kinda don't see you doing that, but having Bouchard under Parayko would be affordable and incredible. And maybe we could just re-sign Barrie.

But... Maybe we could find an LTIRetirement solution on Neal.

I think I'd rather just make a straight up trade. Maybe Samorukov + a pick (not a first?). Shame that they got rid of the conditional picks based on signing, because that seems perfect for Hoffman. But maybe a conditional 1st based on playoff performance.
I would take Samorukov and a second. Retention and whatever it takes to cover Hoffman this year for oilers.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Seems to me like we saw the best version of this current team in the recent games again Col and still lost. I think it's a no-brainer at this point to salvage what we can from UFAs we don't intend to re-sign and try again next year when the team is healthy.
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I think this team's best version has yet to come this season.

Right now might be the healthiest we've been all year. Guys coming back from injury should get better each game. Parayko alone getting reacclimated is massive. There are several players in huge slumps, I see no way that all of those guys continue to be ice cold. We're getting tons of chances, but nothing is going in. Things are at an all time low for the season right now, having lost 7 straight and only scoring 8 goals in those games. I expect a regression toward the mean at the least.

The next few games will be very telling.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

Total Bender

Unregistered User
Apr 20, 2014
Stl
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I think this team's best version has yet to come this season.

Right now might be the healthiest we've been all year. Guys coming back from injury should get better each game. Parayko alone getting reacclimated is massive. There are several players in huge slumps, I see no way that all of those guys continue to be ice cold. We're getting tons of chances, but nothing is going in. Things are at an all time low for the season right now, having lost 7 straight and only scoring 8 goals in those games. I expect a regression toward the mean at the least.

The next few games will be very telling.
I hope you're right man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad