LeBrun: Blues open to trading Hoffman and Bozak

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
Those are players he doesn't want back. Also blues were out of a playoff spot when they won the cup remeber.
Yea they had a bad start to the season that year, but they are currently out of playoff spot and the deadline is almost here. They also are showing no signs that they are going to turn it around, and actually look to be going in the wrong direction right now. Everything points to them being sellers this year.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
No to Toronto! He has 4 points this year and got paid $4,250,000 with a 5 million cap hit. That ship has sailed and it was a one way ticket. No reunions allowed!
He was out over 1/2 the year with a concussion. Plus the Blues would be willing to retain up to max retention for Bozak at 2.5mil.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Yeah IDK if Hoffman is Isles material honestly. Would rather stay away from him and pay the premium for Hall.

Reactions: stringunspecified

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Yea they had a bad start to the season that year, but they are currently out of playoff spot and the deadline is almost here. They also are showing no signs that they are going to turn it around, and actually look to be going in the wrong direction right now. Everything points to them being sellers this year.
Most of the roster just came back from injury. Tarasenko, Schwartz, bozak, Thomas, parayko ect. I wonder if something could change in a couple games.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Yeah, he's declined from what i remember him as actually so a 2nd would be max for sure.

Hoffman might be the better deal for the leafs needs, but still love the idea of Bozak returning to the leafs.
I wouldnt say he has declined but he had a bad concussion took time to get over. He is still defensively sound way more than kerfoot and he can still score just see the vegas game.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Yeah IDK if Hoffman is Isles material honestly. Would rather stay away from him and pay the premium for Hall.

Court records show events before Karlsson-Hoffman dispute made public | Ottawa Citizen

Camille Pageau, wife of Senator J.G. Pageau, sent Caryk a series of texts that evening saying she was “so upset” and “disturbed by all this.”

“You hate Melinda and I don’t understand why you would want to do anything for her! In time (sic) like this being a hypocrite is even worst (sic)! Stay out of this.”

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I wanted Lauzon when the Schenn to Boston rumors were running rampant. Just the type of guy we need, but possibly not who Boston wants to move now compared to then.

Don't know about him. Is he any good?
20 year old has size ability lhd and can put some points up. I like what I have seen.

Reactions: sfvega

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
20 year old has size ability lhd and can put some points up. I like what I have seen.

6'4, 205 is exactly the size we need to be looking at. Guys who are big, kinda strong, aren't cement skates like Bortuzzo or Edmundson. I really wanted Wallinder last draft, but we got Neighbors which I'm still frustrated at.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Maybe I missed the post but I didn't see it anywhere that he said that he wanted him...only that Bozak at 5mill has negative value...and that's true but in this market it's emphasized. He simply isn't worth giving up any assets for unless a similar cap dump is involved
Bozak at $5 million doesn't have negative value. Low value? Sure. Cap dump needed the other way? Likely. Blues retain? Probably at max. But saying he's got "negative value" is being overdramatic.

What's his price, with a cap dump and 50% retention? Probably a 5th. Yes, that's a late 5th. Maybe there's a condition attached that bumps it to a 4th - still late 4th - but I have a difficult time seeing it go beyond that.

Hoffman 50% to Habs for a pick and B prospect?
Depends on which pick and which B prospect, but at a 35,000 foot level this is about right.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Team willing to trade overpaid bottom 6 players

Shocking.
Bozak's contract was bad the moment it was signed, and there's not a Blues fan who thought it was ever a good deal. He was a contributor to our Cup run, which is the only reason that contract was worth it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad