LeBrun: Blues open to trading Hoffman and Bozak

TurgPavs

Jan 7, 2019
Kerfoot and Engvall does nothing for blues. I do not know much about miettinen. But LeBron also speculated that parayko was being traded for nylander lol. We will see what happens. Also do you think mtl is going to let tor walk away with two huge pieces nope.

I dont like it either.
Frank Seravalli was on TSN and said the market for Hoffman is heating up quickly with, MTL, TOR, BOS, CAR, FLA, And Possibly PIT showing interest.
If the Blues can get a player and a 2nd for Hoffman at 50% retained I will consider it a win. I think Bozak stays and ultimately resigns with the Blues, at a reduced rate on a year to year deal, similar to what Jay Bo had worked out with Army.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Might get that if Blues retain 50%
With where everyone is with respect to the cap, the Blues are retaining. It's merely a question of how much to get it to all work.

I actually think the Palmieri and Zajac trade is a good gauge for Bozak and Hoffman. I know not all pieces are equal, but a top 6 winger and bottom 6 center(for the contending team) both at 50% retained returned a 1st, conditional 3rd/4th and a couple of depth contracts.

I think the Blues would be looking for something similar if they decide to package them together.

Bozak and Hoffman added to a team for a combined 4.5 million that is expiring would be a solid boost for a contender looking to add to their depth, pp and pk.

I could also see the Blues take back an expiring cap dump to up the value a bit. Maybe move the pick up to a solid second or add on a B prospect to the package the Islanders paid.
I don't think Hoffman/Bozak bring back as much. If they do, it's only because ...

Frank Seravalli was on TSN and said the market for Hoffman is heating up quickly with, MTL, TOR, BOS, CAR, FLA, And Possibly PIT showing interest.
So every time someone incredulously asks how do you think ______ is going to get that much? point to things like this. Do not underestimate someone's desperation and their need to outbid others, and the ever-present belief that he'll be different if he's on our roster, he'll be better!

No, I still don't think we get a 1st unless it's conditional on something like the acquiring team getting to the Finals and Hoffman hitting some target metric(s).

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
LeBrun is speculating/reporting

Bozak and Hoffman to the Leafs at 50% retained
Kerfoot, Engvall, a prospect and a 2nd or 3rd to St. Louis depending on the prospect.
On of the sports talk shows in St. Louis is reporting that St. Louis wants Miettinen in the trade.
This is not my favorite trade idea ever, but it's certainly better than some will propose. It's in the ballpark of what I'd expect unless someone goes in hot and heavy for Hoffman soon.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
This is not my favorite trade idea ever, but it's certainly better than some will propose. It's in the ballpark of what I'd expect unless someone goes in hot and heavy for Hoffman soon.
Why kerfoot a dn Engvall are not needed. This makes zero sense for blues

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad