LeBrun: Blues open to trading Hoffman and Bozak

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Or the Blues could draft one of Cuelmans or Svozil with their 2021 pick and load up in a deeper draft for next year.
That's crazy that's the dman I like as well. You are right that could make sense. Especially with kostin and neighbors coming next year.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Hoffman has been a healthy scratch twice here lately, I think he's as good as gone. He shouldn't return a lot, considering his play this year. Maybe a decent prospect or a 2nd/meh prospect tbh.
Look what palmeiri got and hoffman out performed him.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Just read that edm woukd like both bozak and Mike hoffman depending on retention. Would edm fans trade Bouchard?.

TurgPavs

Jan 7, 2019
LeBrun is speculating/reporting
Bozak and Hoffman to the Leafs at 50% retained
Kerfoot, Engvall, a prospect and a 2nd or 3rd to St. Louis depending on the prospect.
On of the sports talk shows in St. Louis is reporting that St. Louis wants Miettinen in the trade.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
LeBrun is speculating/reporting
Bozak and Hoffman to the Leafs at 50% retained
Kerfoot, Engvall, a prospect and a 2nd or 3rd to St. Louis depending on the prospect.
On of the sports talk shows in St. Louis is reporting that St. Louis wants Miettinen in the trade.

Kerfoot and Engvall does nothing for blues. I do not know much about miettinen. But LeBron also speculated that parayko was being traded for nylander lol. We will see what happens. Also do you think mtl is going to let tor walk away with two huge pieces nope.

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
Both are 3rd 4th line guys. Hoffman is top 6 difference.

Hoffman isn't worth more than Palmieri (25-25), any team paying more than a 2nd for Hoffman with salary retained is laughable. I just don't see it happening.

Of course the Blues can keep asking for a 1st until the last minute, but only a desperate GM would pay that much for him,

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Hoffman isn't worth more than Palmieri (25-25), any team paying more than a 2nd for Hoffman with salary retained is laughable. I just don't see it happening.

Of course the Blues can keep asking for a 1st until the last minute, but only a desperate GM would pay that much for him,

Ok so a top 6 winger is not worth more than a middle six. I will take your word for it. Just like I took peopels word that jake alleb would cost the blues a second to get rid of..... lol

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
Ok so a top 6 winger is not worth more than a middle six. I will take your word for it. Just like I took peopels word that jake alleb would cost the blues a second to get rid of..... lol

You don't have to take my word, i'm speculating here. Hoffman used to bring you a bit more pts, but Palmieri brings you more grit. Good for the Blues if they can get more, but i just don't see it happening.

As for Allen, he's a very underrated goalie and probably a top 3 backup in this league.

puckerdude10

Feb 22, 2010
Columbia
I actually think the Palmieri and Zajac trade is a good gauge for Bozak and Hoffman. I know not all pieces are equal, but a top 6 winger and bottom 6 center(for the contending team) both at 50% retained returned a 1st, conditional 3rd/4th and a couple of depth contracts.

I think the Blues would be looking for something similar if they decide to package them together.

Bozak and Hoffman added to a team for a combined 4.5 million that is expiring would be a solid boost for a contender looking to add to their depth, pp and pk.

I could also see the Blues take back an expiring cap dump to up the value a bit. Maybe move the pick up to a solid second or add on a B prospect to the package the Islanders paid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->