OT: Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
It's a little late in the season to get good Oktoberfests at all, unfortunately. But when they were fresh, I think 2nd Shift's is the best local one I had this year (didn't get Civil Life's, but I love that place).

Also, I have seriously reached the 1,000 user ignore list limit. So none of you are allowed to turn into turds.

Glad I made the cut. Now I can finally drop my hottest takes without worry.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
This sounds like a gruesome tragedy, but I can’t stop laughing now. Oh well, it’s not the first and it won’t be the last time my empathy failed. Sorry guys.
I get it! I am what we affectionately refer to as a classic empath.

I feel others’ pain. It’s a gift and a curse.

I find that I sometimes protect myself with dark/sick humor, so that I don’t feel others’ pain too much.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
I didn’t get a chance to try 2nd Shift’s this year, which is pretty unacceptable since I live less than a mile away.

Honestly on the whole I was pretty disappointed with most of the local Oktoberfest’s this year.

Same here. Urban Chestnut and Schlafly have had great ones in the past, but were very weak this year. I feel like both of those breweries, despite the fact that they both still make some of my favorite beers, have considerably regressed overall.

Sierra Nevada's Oktoberfest was killer, as usual.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Same here. Urban Chestnut and Schlafly have had great ones in the past, but were very weak this year. I feel like both of those breweries, despite the fact that they both still make some of my favorite beers, have considerably regressed overall.

Sierra Nevada's Oktoberfest was killer, as usual.
Those were the two that most disappointed me as well.

I’m pretty partial to Heavy Riff as well. But part of that may be living within walking t distance so I’m there a lot.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I get it! I am what we affectionately refer to as a classic empath.

I feel others’ pain. It’s a gift and a curse.

I find that I sometimes protect myself with dark/sick humor, so that I don’t feel others’ pain too much.
Dark humor is quite ok (in the right company). Carry on my friend. Carry on

Reactions: ChicagoBlues

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
My 14 year old daughter just arrived home from school. It's about a 10 minute walk, but it's raining cats and dogs here in Phoenix.

She was drenched from head to toe. Wearing jeans and a cotton sweater. She just stood there expressionless dripping water...I couldn't stop laughing :) She looked like a wet sad puppy. Lol.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
My 14 year old daughter just arrived home from school. It's about a 10 minute walk, but it's raining cats and dogs here in Phoenix.

She was drenched from head to toe. Wearing jeans and a cotton sweater. She just stood there expressionless dripping water...I couldn't stop laughing :) She looked like a wet sad puppy. Lol.
I live down in the valley much of the year, but have been up in Prescott for a couple months.

Storm is brewing up here and it looks like Sedona is getting hammered right now.

brokeu91

Jul 4, 2017
Rhode Island

Odom fired, rough week for Miz-ou-rah

Dark times for my alma mater. It's time to shake things up...oh wait Odom has been fired? I'm sure we'll hire someone good. Oh wait...we were turned down by a guy with 3 years coaching experience at Auston Peay and UNC-Charlotte? Dark times indeed.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
When I look in the mirror:

I don't see a fat middle aged male (I am)

I see a good looking guy. I honestly do :)

I asked co-workers what they saw in their mirror, and I was surprised at how low they see themselves.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Holly Connor recently sang the national anthem at a Blues home game.

Holly is 14 years old, she is blind and autistic. She sang beautifully, and it was inspiring to witness her poise and courage.

They have the video on the Blues web site, and if you haven't seen it, you should check it out.

Last edited:
Reactions: EastonBlues22
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad