OT: Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Well, it appears Deadspin —at least as its existed up until this point — is dead. Every writer and editor has officially resigned after a mass exodus earlier in the week. It wasn’t without its flaws, but it was one of my favorite websites around.

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
Oh no, where will I go find my better then thou, St. Louis sports teams are full of hicks and hillbillies and we should laugh at them all for not being Ivy educated hot takes? Good riddance to that site.

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
After further review, it seems that the 32 year-old Chris Stewart earned a contract with Philadelphia after his try out. He has played eight games for the Flyers, and has one assist.

I'm pretty surprised at this development. The roster list I saw indicated that Stewart weighs 242 pounds. With fighting all but eliminated from the sport, who has need of a guy like Stewart?

I guess I should say something like "good for him" but the words won't come. Steward was one of my least favorite Blues players.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Speaking of family, I remember a Blues game from around 1969. Our opposing goalie was Dunc Wilson, and he and Bob Player conflicted on the ice.

After the game, Plager was interviewed on camera. He was asked about Dunc Wilson, and Plager said "he is just an idiot.". My mother, a non-sports fan, happened to be in the room at the time, and was appalled that a person was say such a thing, especially on television.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
For any of our other craft beer fans on this board I can honestly say that Civil Life has the best Oktoberfest of the St. Louis breweries that I've tried this year. I am very impressed.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
This was my first time ever getting the free breakfast at Denny’s.

I call this Happy Guys Who Didn’t Get Blown Up Day.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Well, it appears Deadspin —at least as its existed up until this point — is dead. Every writer and editor has officially resigned after a mass exodus earlier in the week. It wasn’t without its flaws, but it was one of my favorite websites around.
Right wing private equity firms on the attack. That’s what this is. Splinter is toast as well.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
For any of our other craft beer fans on this board I can honestly say that Civil Life has the best Oktoberfest of the St. Louis breweries that I've tried this year. I am very impressed.

It's a little late in the season to get good Oktoberfests at all, unfortunately. But when they were fresh, I think 2nd Shift's is the best local one I had this year (didn't get Civil Life's, but I love that place).

Also, I have seriously reached the 1,000 user ignore list limit. So none of you are allowed to turn into turds.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
It's a little late in the season to get good Oktoberfests at all, unfortunately. But when they were fresh, I think 2nd Shift's is the best local one I had this year (didn't get Civil Life's, but I love that place).

Also, I have seriously reached the 1,000 user ignore list limit. So none of you are allowed to turn into turds.
Well I think your opinion on beer is dumb :sarcasm:

Reactions: rumrokh

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014

Walter? Is that you? I don’t think I know anyone else who hates that many people.

upload_2019-11-11_20-1-6.jpeg

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN

Is that a real thing?

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
Anybody ever die and come back to life?

I have met two people that have.

One fell asleep driving after not sleeping in between shifts. Killed a car full of drunk drivers. He died a few times after the accident. He still cries about it. He asked the judge to throw the book at him. He said he deserved it all. The families told the judge he had suffered enough.

The other died in pool that a maintenance man was working on. He caused a short and my buddy was electrocuted.

The only common thing between the two is that they are the only people in the world that I know of that have a DNR. Do Not Resuscitate.

They both wear bands on their arms that state this.

Neither know of each other.

Why? Neither will tell me.

I'm not a religious person and neither are they...

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Anybody ever die and come back to life?

I have met two people that have.

One fell asleep driving after not sleeping in between shifts. Killed a car full of drunk drivers. He died a few times after the accident. He still cries about it. He asked the judge to throw the book at him. He said he deserved it all. The families told the judge he had suffered enough.

The other died in pool that a maintenance man was working on. He caused a short and my buddy was electrocuted.

The only common thing between the two is that they are the only people in the world that I know of that have a DNR. Do Not Resuscitate.

They both wear bands on their arms that state this.

Neither know of each other.

Why? Neither will tell me.

I'm not a religious person and neither are they...
A car full of drunk drivers?

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I didn’t get a chance to try 2nd Shift’s this year, which is pretty unacceptable since I live less than a mile away.

Honestly on the whole I was pretty disappointed with most of the local Oktoberfest’s this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->