OT: Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Any other folks venture into Southern Illinois to sample the new goodies that went on sale Jan 1? Everything was expensive, but we got some gummies and a vape cartridge. Long lines, and I think they aren't gonna be opening any other recreational stores for a few more months. Might just stick with "my guy" until then.

Reactions: Default

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
Any other folks venture into Southern Illinois to sample the new goodies that went on sale Jan 1? Everything was expensive, but we got some gummies and a vape cartridge. Long lines, and I think they aren't gonna be opening any other recreational stores for a few more months. Might just stick with "my guy" until then.

Went and stood in line for 2 hours on Saturday before finally getting inside. Spent way too much money for an amount that will maybe last me a month. Definitely won't be going back to that one any time soon. It was not at all what I was expecting either. Thought it would be like Colorado where you could go in and walk around and there would be variations that you could buy. Didn't think it would be, "Here's a list of the 14 items we have, let us know what you're buying before you even go in." I get why they had the limit on the flower, but I would have never gone and stood in line for that long if I knew I would only be able to buy 1/4 of the legal amount I could possess. Left very disappointed and with a much skinnier wallet.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010

Price came down from my guy. ;)

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
One time I was living in an apartment complex in Mesa, AZ. I was outside having a smoke at about 2 am when a motorcycle came through.

These were small, parking lot roads in the complex.

He was driving like a cop was after him. So I followed on foot, drunk, ready to kick his butt.

I found him. Told him there will be problems if he does that again.

He never did.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
One time I was living in an apartment complex in Mesa, AZ. I was outside having a smoke at about 2 am when a motorcycle came through.

These were small, parking lot roads in the complex.

He was driving like a cop was after him. So I followed on foot, drunk, ready to kick his butt.

I found him. Told him there will be problems if he does that again.

He never did.

Not only did I find him (he hid in his apartment for a bit), but I made friends with his friends and explained why I was there.

His friends pulled him from his apartment so I could talk with him.

I told him I like to fight and smiled, but he was respectful in the end.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
Not only did I find him (he hid in his apartment for a bit), but I made friends with his friends and explained why I was there.

His friends pulled him from his apartment so I could talk with him.

I told him I like to fight and smiled, but he was respectful in the end.

I'm not a big guy.

But I have Steve Ott balls, Craig Conroy drive and Tyson Nash ability to push people off :)

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
One time the #5 power lifter in Asia wanted to squish me

Flight from Oslo, Norway to NYC for the Olympics in Atlanta. BTW, in the same flight air as TWA 800.

Norwegian Olympic team comes on board. All dressed alike. Red collared shirt with khakis.

It's me and the Norwegian power lifer sitting side by side. His arms are the size of my thighs, literally.

International flights you get free drinks. After a few too many, I completely spilled my drink all over him, literally.

He wasn't cool about it.

I remember one of his coaches taking him in a restroom on the plane.

I quickly few asleep...

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Is anyone else having difficulty figuring out if these non-sequitur stories are just part of an odd sense of humor or a cry for help, or is that just me?

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Price came down from my guy. ;)
Yeah I think the less than legal sources are gonna be flush, a couple of friends already got their medical cards and growing their own. When they are selling 8ers for $60-65 before tax at the dispensary, the illegal market is still gonna thrive.

Went and stood in line for 2 hours on Saturday before finally getting inside. Spent way too much money for an amount that will maybe last me a month. Definitely won't be going back to that one any time soon. It was not at all what I was expecting either. Thought it would be like Colorado where you could go in and walk around and there would be variations that you could buy. Didn't think it would be, "Here's a list of the 14 items we have, let us know what you're buying before you even go in." I get why they had the limit on the flower, but I would have never gone and stood in line for that long if I knew I would only be able to buy 1/4 of the legal amount I could possess. Left very disappointed and with a much skinnier wallet.
Yeah from what I have gathered Illinois kind of bungled the rollout. Shortage of stores overall, permitting issues stopped several recreational stores from opening, lots of political BS specifically with the Chicago stores. I get that they wanted to control the process, but the Illinois government being the Illinois government, I think it's fair to wonder how much special interests controlled the legislation.

But yeah my experience was much the same as yours, didn't really care for the store layout and was hoping for more of the Colorado budtender experience. My guess is maybe they move to more of that style eventually but because of the grand opening and long lines they had to limit options to keep the line moving.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Is anyone else having difficulty figuring out if these non-sequitur stories are just part of an odd sense of humor or a cry for help, or is that just me?
I like the interesting stories, but like 90% of them involve being drunk. The first step is admitting there is a problem.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
It’s nuts to see so much discussion of marijuana use, both legal and illegal:
1) allowed on the site
2) with no comments from P9s.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
The world is changing.

Fighting has disappeared from NHL hockey.

Beer commercials have disappeared from hockey telecasts, at least the Blues games. Most of the advertising is for cars and trucks. And the local car dealers have eliminated the buffoonery for the most part.

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
So um, the Astros are a dumpster fire right now....

Crazy seeing Jeff Lunhow go down with the ship, especially after that whole Correa scandal a few years back...

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
So um, the Astros are a dumpster fire right now....

Crazy seeing Jeff Lunhow go down with the ship, especially after that whole Correa scandal a few years back...
MLB doesn’t mess around with stuff they don’t like. The Cards got quite a punishment for essentially knowing somebody’s password who was too stupid to change it when he went to another team(and the team they “hacked” took Mark Appel over Kris Bryant that year, so how valuable was their information anyway??).

I think these punishments are perfectly reasonable. The NFL should take some notes and actually punish confirmed cheaters to maybe stop them from doing it again.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I’ve lived in Houston over 20 years and become Astros fan during that period. Between harassing female reporter and then this cheating scandal they don’t feel like team I can root for at this point. No issue with penalties and good for Crane to clean house.

MissouriMook

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Great piece in The Athletic today where a good number of the players were asked various semi-personal questions about the team and some of the answers were hilarious. It was an open forum, not anonymous like their recent league-wide poll. My personal favorite came under the category of who is least likely to pick up a check.

Perron: I’d give it to Petro. It’s probably not even that true, but I’d like to give it to him.
Pietrangelo: Perry’s an idiot … I buy him dinner all the time.
Bozak: Schwartzy. Every single time. Not really, but I’ll say him just to piss him off.

The biggest thing I learned from this "poll" is just how tight these guys are, on and off the ice. Great read if you're a subscriber.

BlueKnight

Apr 19, 2015
Alberta, Canada
Great piece in The Athletic today where a good number of the players were asked various semi-personal questions about the team and some of the answers were hilarious. It was an open forum, not anonymous like their recent league-wide poll. My personal favorite came under the category of who is least likely to pick up a check.

Perron: I’d give it to Petro. It’s probably not even that true, but I’d like to give it to him.
Pietrangelo: Perry’s an idiot … I buy him dinner all the time.
Bozak: Schwartzy. Every single time. Not really, but I’ll say him just to piss him off.

The biggest thing I learned from this "poll" is just how tight these guys are, on and off the ice. Great read if you're a subscriber.
I read this and yes this is a great read. "Perry's an idiot" is my new favorite Petro quote. This team is tight unlike no other i've seen.

MissouriMook

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
For those of you who are in St. Louis today and have time on your hands, Boomer just mentioned on "The Point" that the "Power Play" segment on NHL Radio is going to be broadcasting live from OB Clark's today with Kouleas, Laughlin and Barnaby. They are also going to be having "guests" but Boomer did not mention who they would be. I think it starts at 2:00 or 3:00.

Edit: Florida is off until February 1 and Q was just in Chicago last night - I wonder if he will be in town for the All Star Weekend and, if so, if he would be one of the "guests".

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I've been watching Netfix's three part series about Aaron Hernandez.

Apparently he was a homosexual who lived in fear of being discovered. He was also a chain smoker of marajuana blunts. He also became friends with ( or at least associated with ) a couple of drug dealer and violent felons. He didn't socialize with teammates.

How did he pass NHL drug testing? How did the team not see the warning signs?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad