OT: Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Holly Connor recently sang the national anthem at a Blues home game.

Holly is 14 years old, she is blind and autistic. She sang beautifully, and it was inspiring to witness her poise and courage.

They have the video on the Blues web site, and if you haven't seen it, you should check it out.
I’ll do that right now.

EDIT: That was amazing. She is the brave one.

Reactions: Renard

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
When the Blues played the Avalanche, the home town crowd chanted "Kronke Sucks."

I remember the first time I heard such a chant. As I recall it, it was during an away game in New York City. At the time, I thought it was pretty low class, and I was proud that you wouldn't hear such a thing in St. Louis. When was this? In the mid 1980s, I think.

Well, the trend overtook St. Louis a long time ago, and we can be as crude as any New York crowd. I just wonder what parents of little kids say when they ask what it is that Kronke sucks.

brokeu91

Jul 4, 2017
Rhode Island
When the Blues played the Avalanche, the home town crowd chanted "Kronke Sucks."

I remember the first time I heard such a chant. As I recall it, it was during an away game in New York City. At the time, I thought it was pretty low class, and I was proud that you wouldn't hear such a thing in St. Louis. When was this? In the mid 1980s, I think.

Well, the trend overtook St. Louis a long time ago, and we can be as crude as any New York crowd. I just wonder what parents of little kids say when they ask what it is that Kronke sucks.
Fact: Kroenke does in fact suck. The fans were just making a declarative statement of fact. All St. Louis kids need to learn certain sports facts, among them the fact that Kroenke sucks.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
My first was at a Steamers game back in the early 80s at the Checkerdome.

To my mother's dismay, I joined in on a chant of, "bulllllllshiiiiiit!!!!"

It was glorious to an 8 year old :)

Reactions: Blueston

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I’ve had a rough 8 months or so personally, for reasons I won’t go into. It was hard to fully enjoy the Cup run because of LIFE. (It also made it a lot less uncomfortable when they lost, since it just didn’t seem very important.) I’m sure I’ve been more irritable than usual. Things have turned the corner and the future looks bright. But I wanted to apologize if I’ve been crabby on the forum to anyone. It’s hard to recognize it for what it is in the midst of when it’s happening, sometimes.

brokeu91

Jul 4, 2017
Rhode Island
I’ve had a rough 8 months or so personally, for reasons I won’t go into. It was hard to fully enjoy the Cup run because of LIFE. (It also made it a lot less uncomfortable when they lost, since it just didn’t seem very important.) I’m sure I’ve been more irritable than usual. Things have turned the corner and the future looks bright. But I wanted to apologize if I’ve been crabby on the forum to anyone. It’s hard to recognize it for what it is in the midst of when it’s happening, sometimes.
That's terrible. I'm glad that things turned around for you. Hopefully you will get to witness another cup run this year and you'll be able to enjoy it this time.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Hopefully things stay positive. Don't worry if you've been crabby on here, life happens. Use this place for what it's for, a nice escape to hang out with fellow Blues fans, if you can't be crabby with us, who can you be crabby with?

Reactions: MissouriMook

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
You want to talk about crabby? I get crabby when I think about the Golden Knights.

When the league expanded for the first time in 1967, established team were able to protect 11 skaters and one goalie. But when Vegas came into the league, established teams were allowed to protect 7 forwards, three defensemen and one goalie.

That doesn't seem like a big difference, but with a thirty team league when Vegas came in, there were plenty of pretty good players available, and only one team drafting to get them. Maybe there is more to it than I know, but Vegas started out with a strong expansion team from the get go. It took the Blues 13 years to put a team on the ice that could play against Montreal, Boston, New York on equal terms.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I still think you’re one of our most even keeled and insightful posters. Sorry to hear about that and I’m glad things seem to be looking up.

brokeu91

Jul 4, 2017
Rhode Island
Happy Festivus to all!
festivus-7113951.jpg

Reactions: FrontYardSpecial

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
To my Czech-speaking friends, I say:. Vesele Vanoch. I have a carp swimming in my bathtub, to be consumed tonite.

I hope Jezisek brings me gifts.

I not of Czech ancestry, but I have sung in a Czech choir for 15 years, and I've learned a bit of the language and customs.

Reactions: The Electrician

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
From watching his commercials, it seems that Don Brown has acquired Don Cherry's wardrobe. I guess Cherry doesn't need the garish clothes since he's been fired.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
This was in my calendar, does anyone have any idea what this is about? Do I owe somebody money? I've searched my posts but nothing is popping out

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191231-082543.png
    Screenshot_20191231-082543.png
    64.5 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
It appears we’ve finally found something Kendall Coyne Schofield is worse at than rinkside commentary. That new Dunkin commercial with Pasta is cringeworthy. Why are people trying so hard to take someone with no on air personality and make them into a personality?

Reactions: Celtic Note
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->