OT: Blue Pants/Gloves

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I'm ok with them at home. The big reason I don't like the roads is I feel like I'm looking at the Habs.

Don't miss the black gear at all.

I would prefer they go with the Burgundy pants, but my favorite color is red and it helps Denver team cover the spectrum which gives you options (Nothing but black n' gold for Pittsburghers!)

18vqRgt.png

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I'm ok with them at home. The big reason I don't like the roads is I feel like I'm looking at the Habs.

I would prefer they go with the Burgundy pants, but my favorite color is red and it helps Denver team cover the spectrum which gives you options (Nothing but black n' gold for Pittsburghers!)

18vqRgt.png

That blue trim on the bottom of the burgundy pants is the best mock I’ve seen. That’s a nice looking kit.

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane
That blue trim on the bottom of the burgundy pants is the best mock I’ve seen. That’s a nice looking kit.

For sure the blue trim breaks the burgundy up nicely. Too much burgundy looks Yote-ish to me. The new stuff looks like Leaf gear and the black was sporting goods store gear.
As I think about it, why are goalie helmets so customized and then the rest of the lids so blah?

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland

18vqRgt.png

This is the first burgundy gear home kit I'd be down with.

They sort of remind me of team Czech Republic, though interestingly.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
Rather the team do its own thing.

Besides the slight similarities in colors, there is nothing remotely close to the Habs look. The mountain stripes vs the horizontal stripes. The shoulder yoke vs the whole sleeve mountain. The logos, the socks, the number font, nothing else at all is in any way close to Montreal.

Colorado still has a unique look with the blue pants, they didn’t need black gear to separate themselves from Montreal.

Reactions: xpatriatedtexan

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Besides the slight similarities in colors, there is nothing remotely close to the Habs look. The mountain stripes vs the horizontal stripes. The shoulder yoke vs the whole sleeve mountain. The logos, the socks, the number font, nothing else at all is in any way close to Montreal.

Colorado still has a unique look with the blue pants, they didn’t need black gear to separate themselves from Montreal.
Big reason why it works on the homes is that the bottom trim below the mountain line is blue which blends into the pants better than on the aways where have a bugrandy trim below mountain line which causes a garish clash in the transition.

MartinSkoulYa

MAAAAAckinon
Apr 7, 2018
Toronto
What are the thoughts on some minor tweaks like this? Rather than ditching the mountains at the bottoms entirely on the jerseys I shrunk them about half the size. This helps eliminate the giant block of blue that currently makes the homes seem a bit off. Then on the aways I added the blue trim around the mountains on the jersey to add the much needed blue on that kit. I did both just blue and blue and grey because both seem to be popular. I also lightened the grey to almost white on the away

homemount.jpg

bluemount.jpg

bluegreymount.jpg

Reactions: Pokecheque

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Maybe they can fully embrace snow/avalanche them and have whiteout jerseys with white pants and gloves. No need to worry about colors

Reactions: CharlesPuck

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
The homes look bad because of the helmets. They are nothing short of horrible. Pants and gloves are fine. I wouldn't say overall it is an improvement from black, but I can get the idea of what they were going for and it is fine enough. The roads are just utter hot garbage. Certainly up there with the worst setup in the league... so, so bad.

We need to petition this to be our full time uniform.

cut.jpeg

Never.

LostInMosEisley

A wretched hive of scum and villany
Aug 18, 2020
All the mockups re-introducing blue to the trim and/or numbering are a big improvement to the white kits. Also like all the burgundy gear mocks. Without making any alterations to the current jerseys and gear, it would probably look best if they swapped the RR pants and gloves with the home/away pants and gloves. The blue pants and gloves would probably look good with the RR jersey and would be closer to the original Nordiques look.

SD Avs Fan

Jul 1, 2019
Yeah I love the alternates but they are not regular jersey worthy.

I also hope this organization never, ever changes the logo. I think it's perfect.

I agree. I am a little biased but I think the Avs traditional primary logo is my favorite logo in all of sports. They better not ever get rid of it. I would not mind going to burgundy pants with the new uniforms. I think there is just too much blue in the new look. It should be trim only IMO, except on a third jersey design. Why does everyone like dark blue. It isn't even an Avs color.

Reactions: Miri

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
I agree. I am a little biased but I think the Avs traditional primary logo is my favorite logo in all of sports. They better not ever get rid of it. I would not mind going to burgundy pants with the new uniforms. I think there is just too much blue in the new look. It should be trim only IMO, except on a third jersey design. Why does everyone like dark blue. It isn't even an Avs color.

In order?

Slimming.
Classy, but more fun (and less formal) than black.
Pairs great with almost any shade of leather.

What’s not to like? It’s the mustard of colours.

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
So after reading this thread, it seems to me, most people are not exactly happy with the black to blue swap? Well, no surprise here, said from day 1, when it was just a rumor, its horrible idea.

The home ones are so-so passable, because, At least, the blue at the bottom of the sweater touches the blue of the pants. Still, it results in way too much blue in the overall design, something not characteristic for Avs, who are not a “blue” team - no fecking Nordiques, nor Rockies, nor Tampa or Leafs or Winnipeg.

Naturally, blue pants on home mean blue pants on away and thats unmitigated disaster. Even if there was option to swap pants to burgundy, you would lose almost all the blue on the set - so the balance would be broken the other way. And Avs are not coyotes either.

The black is just needed for this particular design and its not coincidence. It Balances the blue and burgundy on homes, and nicely complements burgundy and white on aways. You dont get to change and swap colors like you please, thats not how this works.

I see some people would like to conversion to Illuminati logo and jerseys, which i personally despise, its absolutely not the Avs design i fell in love with, so better hope not... for the rest of us, who are otherwise content with Avs classic, i just hope this failed experiment will be gone by the end of the season as well, things return to normal and will never be meddled be again, allowed to become classic, as long as the team exists. For us, not native to Denver, the visual stuff is literally the one thing that ties this team to the glorious past, as obviously, people change. Change this as well and we might as well find another team to cheer for, next time Avs suck again, because there would be nothing left aside of the name to connect to. Perhaps change that as well then, ive heard some EXTREMEly good alternatives :)

Reactions: Lavina21

MartinSkoulYa

MAAAAAckinon
Apr 7, 2018
Toronto
The home ones are so-so passable, because, At least, the blue at the bottom of the sweater touches the blue of the pants. Still, it results in way too much blue in the overall design, something not characteristic for Avs, who are not a “blue” team - no fecking Nordiques, nor Rockies, nor Tampa or Leafs or Winnipeg.

Naturally, blue pants on home mean blue pants on away and thats unmitigated disaster. Even if there was option to swap pants to burgundy, you would lose almost all the blue on the set - so the balance would be broken the other way. And Avs are not coyotes either.

The black is just needed for this particular design and its not coincidence. It Balances the blue and burgundy on homes, and nicely complements burgundy and white on aways. You dont get to change and swap colors like you please, thats not how this works.

I agree with your first two paragraphs here but not the third. There absolutely is too much blue on the home jersey and not enough blue on the away jersey to use the blue gear. BUT seeing some peoples tweaks and messing around with it myself I almost can't bare to look at the old set up with the black anymore, and this is from someone who was strongly opposed to ditching the black at first. It's pretty clear that the blue gear works and actually matches better when a couple of changes are made to the jerseys.

As it stands it doesn't look quite right, truthfully, but back to black isn't the answer. I really like what Charles did on the other page adding the blue to the away jersey (trim and numbers) and then I really think shrinking the mountain size on the jersey like I did above makes a huge difference in limiting the overuse of blue between the home jersey and the pants. These two simple changes pretty well complete the look in my eyes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad