OT: Blue Pants/Gloves

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
You dont see it? There is just the smallest blue on the prior Avs away look. The rest of the look is just red and black, like Arizona... Compared to the home sweater with lots of blue. There is a big issue when the home look is burgundy and blue and the away look is burgundy and black....

Name one other team that has a home uniform that is one palette at home and an away one that is another.... It would be like the Islanders dropping the orange and just being blue and white on the road. Or like Vancouver dropping the green and just being blue and white on the road. See the pattern? You arent supposed to drop a team color on the away uniform. It's a bad look and loses team identity.

It was no problem at all. It looked million times better than current version with blue pants. And anyway, if anything, it was burgundy and blue and burgundy and white.

BTW, the right solution to that non-issue was to add blue stripe under the silver stripe on the mountain stripes, exactly the same as was on the old, pre 2006 uniforms. It would divide the burgundy and white better than just silver stripe, which under certain angle/lighting are too reflective and therefore white as the rest of the uniform - is as its they are almost not there. For this particular nuissance old away design was superior.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I agree with your first two paragraphs here but not the third. There absolutely is too much blue on the home jersey and not enough blue on the away jersey to use the blue gear. BUT seeing some peoples tweaks and messing around with it myself I almost can't bare to look at the old set up with the black anymore, and this is from someone who was strongly opposed to ditching the black at first. It's pretty clear that the blue gear works and actually matches better when a couple of changes are made to the jerseys.

As it stands it doesn't look quite right, truthfully, but back to black isn't the answer. I really like what Charles did on the other page adding the blue to the away jersey (trim and numbers) and then I really think shrinking the mountain size on the jersey like I did above makes a huge difference in limiting the overuse of blue between the home jersey and the pants. These two simple changes pretty well complete the look in my eyes.
100%. Now that I've seen the blue on the homes black looks so out of place. It just doesn't fit the jersey design at all really and going back would be a mistake.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
I love our logo but....

I like the Illuminati 3rd jersey logo better :popcorn:
I like the stadium series logo much better. It’s basically the top of the third logo modified to be an A.

it’s a unique look rather than the old Rockies logo.

And it’s simple and easy to replicate on varying sizes and media types, like a logo should. The current A is a mess on smaller applications and is nearly impossible to recreate.

Reactions: Flow

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I like the stadium series logo much better. It’s basically the top of the third logo modified to be an A.

And it’s simple and easy to replicate on varying sizes and media types, like a logo should. The current A is a mess on smaller applications and is nearly impossible to recreate.
Yeah that logo is okay, horrible jerseys though lol

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

The stadium jerseys were so close to being a great jersey. But a couple of design choices ruined them.

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia

I like the stadium logo over Illuminati one as well. Not a ripoff of Rockies logo, which was slightly different and better, anyway.

I still prefer the actual original Avs logo to any of them, though. I do unterstand its not as simple and perhaps modern as the Stadium series one, but its original, and it actually manages to "display" the actual avalanche, which is quite difficult task. Stadium series logo does not do that, there is A, there are mountains, but there is not avalanche in the logo. Additionally, i dont think sports-club logo needs to be as simple and minimalistic at all costs, as some company logo.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland

That's an interesting topic (to me) you bring up. I think the shoulder patch C is the best for very small applications, and interestingly, I think the mountain A triangle could be especially good for like intros and video graphics and stuff like that (like, if you wanted it to spin and shit, if it was 2002).

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
That's an interesting topic (to me) you bring up. I think the shoulder patch C is the best for very small applications, and interestingly, I think the mountain A triangle could be especially good for like intros and video graphics and stuff like that (like, if you wanted it to spin and shit, if it was 2002).
They used to have a 3D Avs logo that spun on the jumbotron... The backside was so hideous.

Reactions: Avs91

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
What are the thoughts on some minor tweaks like this? Rather than ditching the mountains at the bottoms entirely on the jerseys I shrunk them about half the size. This helps eliminate the giant block of blue that currently makes the homes seem a bit off. Then on the aways I added the blue trim around the mountains on the jersey to add the much needed blue on that kit. I did both just blue and blue and grey because both seem to be popular. I also lightened the grey to almost white on the away

homemount.jpg

bluemount.jpg

bluegreymount.jpg
Try changing the burgundy bottom (beneath the mountain line) of the away set to the same colored blue as the pants.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Try changing the burgundy bottom (beneath the mountain line) of the away set to the same colored blue as the pants.
Well, you'd have to match the shoulders and then it's just all blue and white. If you change the trim to burgundy, it's still pretty much blue.

I'm sure it'd look fine, but I don't know if that's a good move.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
I agree I think the stadium series logo is great.. also I thought there was a tweet in the jersey thread awhile back that said the Avs were looking to incorporate that logo more going forward but maybe that was just wishful thinking

MartinSkoulYa

MAAAAAckinon
Apr 7, 2018
Toronto

I did it quickly, so it's a bit sloppy, but even still, I don't think it looks quite right. Looks like the design can't make up it's mind.

bluebluemount.jpg

I really believe the solution is as simple as changing (or adding to) the mountain trim to blue, and shrinking the size of the mountains on the bottom of the jersey.

Well, you'd have to match the shoulders and then it's just all blue and white. If you change the trim to burgundy, it's still pretty much blue.

I'm sure it'd look fine, but I don't know if that's a good move.

I agree, that if the bottom mountain changed to blue the shoulders would have to be blue as well, so I started doing this, but it's way too much blue, even with burgandy trim. We start completely losing team identity by going this route. The logo is mainly burgandy with highlights of blue, leaning heavy on the blue in the uniform with this logo looks really out out of place.

Last edited:

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Can someone mock up the Home uni's, keeping the blue pants, to have burgundy gloves with white cuff and blue lettering, burgundy helmets, and the white numbers on the jersey's to have a burgundy outline? Then do the same with the Away uni's only have blue numbers and white helmets?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad