OT: Blue Pants/Gloves

madman

Deadmarsh Deli Dills
Jun 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs
This is the worst thing this organization has ever done.

I still remember these being debuted:
colorado-avalanche-defenseman-john-michael-liles-models-the-new-reebok-designed-nhl-and-avalanche-uniform-during-a-press-conference-at-the-pepsi-center-in-denver-on-september-12-2007-the-new-uniforms-unveiled-league-wide-today-will-improve-player-performance-and-safety-upi-photogary-c-caskey-TXN2M8.jpg

Reactions: Pokecheque

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
I did it quickly, so it's a bit sloppy, but even still, I don't think it looks quite right. Looks like the design can't make up it's mind.

bluebluemount.jpg

And now you have silver trims dividing burgundy on top and blue on the bottom. As bad, as is, if not worse. Meanwhile, the actual working solution, great looking one, has been tossed. I hope this abomination is just this year only and next year they will return to black.

You guys need to realize Avs are like Philadelphia or Jersey, they black is part of their color palette... they just have burgundy (the main one) and blue, thus 2 colors, instead of red/orange in combination with black. Thats how it works.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver

I remember that day as well. Being told before hand they are the same sweaters as before and then seeing those unveiled. It was devastating and for them to keep them for so many years was inexcusable.

Reactions: Miri

madman

Deadmarsh Deli Dills
Jun 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs
I remember that day as well. Being told before hand they are the same sweaters as before and then seeing those unveiled. It was devastating and for them to keep them for so many years was inexcusable.

Yep. So many basic design mistakes mashed into those jerseys. And we wore them for a DECADE! Then in 2015: "Hey we fixed those terrible uniprons - we replaced the yeti foot on the shoulder with a generic C. Much better, right?". This team drives me crazy sometimes (don't even get me started on our practice rink :help:).

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Its absolutely part of it. Avs are not FC Barcelona.
No it’s not. There’s no black in our logo anywhere and the black doesn’t look good with burgundy and blue. The blue pants on the aways is an issue, but black isn’t the answer for either.

Reactions: Barklez

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
You guys need to realize Avs are like Philadelphia or Jersey, they black is part of their color palette... they just have burgundy (the main one) and blue, thus 2 colors, instead of red/orange in combination with black. Thats how it works.

Couldn’t disagree more.

I’d love to hear any rationale you have for black being one of the Avs’ colours, other than that it was the default colour for most equipment.

Reactions: CharlesPuck

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Couldn’t disagree more.

I’d love to hear any rationale you have for black being one of the Avs’ colours, other than that it was the default colour for most equipment.
It used to be. They used to have it on the jersey. It's not now, which is why they changed the gear.

We don't need to realize shit.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
It used to be. They used to have it on the jersey. It's not now, which is why they changed the gear.

We don't need to realize shit.

A black line separating colours on a burgundy and blue jersey does not make black a team colour.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
colorado-avalanche-defenseman-john-michael-liles-models-the-new-reebok-designed-nhl-and-avalanche-uniform-during-a-press-conference-at-the-pepsi-center-in-denver-on-september-12-2007-the-new-uniforms-unveiled-league-wide-today-will-improve-player-performance-and-safety-upi-photogary-c-caskey-TXN2M8.jpg

F***ing hell. I was so looking forward to it too, and they even had Q dress up in the old Colorado Rockies jersey. And then they rolled...this...out. Ugh.

Worst uniform they've ever had and it's not even close. Thank the Hockey Gods they waited to change the uniform until after the Season of Suck.

Reactions: madman

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
No it’s not. There’s no black in our logo anywhere and the black doesn’t look good with burgundy and blue. The blue pants on the aways is an issue, but black isn’t the answer for either.

I suggest to take a look at the logo again, cause you are talking non-sense.
Black does absolutely work with blue and burgundy, as it did for the past 25 years - its just your opinion, that it does not.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I suggest to take a look at the logo again, cause you are talking non-sense.
Black does absolutely work with blue and burgundy, as it did for the past 25 years - its just your opinion, that it does not.
Sorry I forgot about the 5% at the very bottom. I mean now that they’ve done blue with the homes, the black looks so out of place. I mean it doesn’t look bad but it’s not a natural look at all.

Reactions: Avs91

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
Couldn’t disagree more.

Because it does look good, always did. There was no issue with that. There does not need to be any rationale to it, after all, its aesthetical thing, thats not always exact science. Either you have feel for it, or you dont. If you look at the away jersey from last year with black bants etc... and current blue abomination, and dont see how the former is right, while the latter is wrong, dont know what to tell you.

If you however insist on some rationale anyway, lets just go with continuity. It was there for quarter of century, its part of the identity, its one of the things that differentiates. Imagine Devils getting rid of black from their jersey and run with just red/white. But they wont, you know why? Because they are not f***ing Red Wings! Look how swiftly Carolina returned to black on their jerseys after short period with pure red/white ones... cause they looked like Red Wings! Do you want to Avs be another Montreal/Columbus/Rangers/Washington/whoever else?

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
Sorry I forgot about the 5% at the very bottom. I mean now that they’ve done blue with the homes, the black looks so out of place. I mean it doesn’t look bad but it’s not a natural look at all.

Oops, I forgot the puck is black :sarcasm:

Frequently Asked Questions

Ok, so I guess technically the silver, grey, and black are options for 'official' colors?

Just add the blue stripe and change the color of the numbers (I personally liked the blue numbers with red trim), white or blue helmet works. These look awesome and waaay better than the black ever will.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad