Denver
Not sure it adds anything....

hwO98qV.png

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah... I suppose it is not.
I'm not saying they are the best of all teams... we have a low bar around here. A 90s era setup that was good for the time, but not great in the grand scheme. A horrible apron. Then a throwback to the 90s era setup, slightly modernized.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I'm not saying they are the best of all teams... we have a low bar around here. A 90s era setup that was good for the time, but not great in the grand scheme. A horrible apron. Then a throwback to the 90s era setup, slightly modernized.
While that's true, the 90s jerseys are better, the current jerseys are better all things considered, the burgundy alternate is better, the Nords jersey is better...

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
Can we quit complaining about the colour of the Ball logo already? It’s not meant to be an Avs’ shade of blue, it’s a logo. Just be happy we don’t have Enterprise.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
While that's true, the 90s jerseys are better, the current jerseys are better all things considered, the burgundy alternate is better, the Nords jersey is better...

I would agree the Nords jersey is better, but that is a one off. The Avs are not changing back to the Nordiques, so that one shouldn't really be considered here. If they did change back to the Nordiques, that is a no brainer better jersey. The rest as always trying to make up for a 90s logo and striping pattern.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I would agree the Nords jersey is better, but that is a one off. The Avs are not changing back to the Nordiques, so that one shouldn't really be considered here. If they did change back to the Nordiques, that is a no brainer better jersey. The rest as always trying to make up for a 90s logo and striping pattern.
Yeah that one doesn't count but you're wrong so be quiet.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
We'll never see eye to eye on this one I suppose but those illuminate sweaters are terrible. If only they would notch the bottom of the triangle to make it look like an "A", that would make them much more palatable, but still wouldn't be a favorite of mine.

I don't care if the current logos have a 90's vibe to it. It's much better than that silly triangle with a guy puking into a toilet. It doesn't even look like a professional team logo. It looks like the first draft some high schooler came up with.

They should just replace that logo with the current one, and give that a try. They could also try the same with the old burgundy thirds.

It was a simple design with the diagonal letters, which shouldn't have been their main logo either, but I always liked those jerseys with all that burgundy and wanted to see them tried with the main logo.

Reactions: UncleRisto

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
As they are, the aways with blue gear have grown on me already, but some of @CharlesPuck 's tweaks would certainly improve them. I'm utterly baffled by some of the strong and hyperbolic reactions here though.
You’ve been here longer than me and you’re surprised?!

Wait nearly as long as me. I’m a few deep already. Gonna shit post all night.

MonsterMack

He did the Mack, He did the monster Mack
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2013
Arvada, CO
You’ve been here longer than me and you’re surprised?!

Wait nearly as long as me. I’m a few deep already. Gonna shit post all night.
I was like, that doesn't seem right and scrambled to my computer just to see your edit (mobile doesn't seem to show joined date). Maybe, given how little I've posted compared to you I feel like I haven't been here that long. Huh.

You're right though, I shouldn't really be surprised.

But when someone posts this...

they are so bad they make it hard to even care about the team honestly.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I was like, that doesn't seem right and scrambled to my computer just to see your edit (mobile doesn't seem to show joined date). Maybe, given how little I've posted compared to you I feel like I haven't been here that long. Huh.

You're right though, I shouldn't really be surprised.

But when someone posts this...
I’m pretty sure your sarcasm meter is broken.

Lavina21

Mar 30, 2019
Russia
I still can't believe these changes were done by professional designers. It's simply impossible for any person who has basic sense of color combination to make such a set. They have mountain-like blue area right at the bottom of the jersey and somehow come to an idea of adding blue pants thus creating a blended ugly blue mess. While hockey teams as a rule try to somehow separate the pants and the jersey using different colors or stripes just to follow simple aesthetic principals. Moreover, having that much of blue they keep the late 90s-early 00s type of sleeves with secondary color coming all along from the neck to wrist.

I am not an opponent of getting rid of black, but in this case the kit needs a full overhaul. There are lots of decent concepts in the internet. Another option is to make the current alternate a primary one. It's far better than what we have today, yet seems too dark to me. That being said I really prefer the alternate logo to the current one which is in my opinion stuck in the 90s when pseudo 3D cartoonish images were a trend (Mighty Ducks, Sharks). The alternate is clean, simple, minimalistic and looks more iconic.

The last attachment is a concept I found in 5 seconds via google search. Of course it has to be studied more thoroughly from the aesthetic point of view with samples on real players on the ice but it is just to show how much better the "blue and burgundy only" scheme can work.

90.jpg
600392ad12df5.image.jpg
avsaltset.thumb.png.e7b5522e0e6616acb590ff9bd03eff54.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->